The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 14 August 2020, 01:05 PM   #4081
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWD531 View Post
I’m speaking less in terms of valuation and more in terms of a portion of their portfolio being involved in leisure activities, and those in which involve travel. They’ve made it almost back to pre-COVID levels, but if their parks were open, they’d be well above those pre COVID levels IMO. Therefore, their growth has been hindered a bit. Once people start traveling more and aren’t worried about large gatherings, they’re very likely to jump much higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah fair. tbh i don't know why their stock is as high as it is right now because they don't have much going for them right now besides hosting the nba bubble
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2020, 01:08 PM   #4082
JWD531
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
yeah fair. tbh i don't know why their stock is as high as it is right now because they don't have much going for them right now besides the nba bubble being in orlando

Which is why I’m not in them at the moment. I got in last week right before earnings but sold at 127 on the run up. I could easily see them fall back to 115-120 with unfavorable covid news.

JWD531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2020, 01:11 PM   #4083
JWD531
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
yeah fair. tbh i don't know why their stock is as high as it is right now because they don't have much going for them right now besides hosting the nba bubble

I think it just has to do with the fact that they’ve got streaming AND parks. If a vaccine is released and successful, the parks part of the business will increase drastically, but the stay at home streaming is also in play. I don’t think the Disney Plus numbers are blowing anyone away yet, but it’s still fairly new so there is hope.

Old 14 August 2020, 01:26 PM   #4084
McGooberstein
Banned

Watch: 126710BLNR
I'm guessing cruise lines and hotels will take multiple years to recover to pre-covid levels of business- even longer than airlines. There will especially be a stigma associated with cruise ships- I think this industry is going to suffer for at least another 5+ years due to the virus.

One thing I've noticed is how well rental properties are doing and how fast things rebounded. I co-own a couple of rental properties on vrbo and initially when the pandemic hit bookings obviously took a huge hit. It didn't take long for bookings to come back extremely strong. A coworker of mine also has noticed the same with his rental condo, and I was able to refund a trip to Florida with a vrbo home owner a few weeks before my trip earlier this April because he said that many people were desperately looking to book a stay to escape the cities while avoiding crowded hotels, etc.

Airbnb has filed for their IPO- I think I may buy some just because I think this is a trend that will continue with travel. Families and friends looking to stay somewhere but not having to worry about others around them being sick packed in closer quarters is a huge plus. Not that airbnb wasn't already popular, but I think the pandemic definitely pushes things more in their favor in the future. It's unfortunate that expedia group owns vrbo- there's too much exposure to lagging segments of the travel industry for my taste to want to jump in right now. If vrbo were on its own I'd be all about it right now.
McGooberstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2020, 01:28 PM   #4085
McGooberstein
Banned

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:
I think it just has to do with the fact that they’ve got streaming AND parks. If a vaccine is released and successful, the parks part of the business will increase drastically, but the stay at home streaming is also in play. I don’t think the Disney Plus numbers are blowing anyone away yet, but it’s still fairly new so there is hope.

The content on disney+ isn't blowing many people away either, I can attest to that
McGooberstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2020, 01:34 PM   #4086
JWD531
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGooberstein View Post
The content on disney+ isn't blowing many people away either, I can attest to that

Ya I can’t say they’ve released anything that made me want to pay their premium. From what I have read, there hasn’t been too much success outside of Mandalorian.

Old 14 August 2020, 08:40 PM   #4087
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
Anyone into risk on travel stocks? Hotels, airlines, travel? Seems risky now, but if a vaccine comes out, they will rocket. OTOH, they could go bankrupt.
I do not invest in these types of stocks because of their risk from a variety of factors.

The debt they are incurring, the market share they are losing will take years if not decades to repair.

As investments into the equity of these businesses, I would not want to put my money there.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2020, 09:29 PM   #4088
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Slightly down on the futures

https://www.thestreet.com/markets/5-...-friday-081420

Retail sales numbers today, AMAT strong beat, could be good news for chips going forward.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 14 August 2020, 11:12 PM   #4089
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
Anyone into risk on travel stocks? Hotels, airlines, travel? Seems risky now, but if a vaccine comes out, they will rocket. OTOH, they could go bankrupt.

I bought a bunch of JETS a few months back when it was at 12.04 and have small positions in dal and luv. My time horizon is long though, so I’m not looking to cash out anytime soon.

Not touching hotels at this point but might look at bkng or mar if/when another correction comes.

trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 12:10 AM   #4090
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Slightly off at 10, no real conviction and no real news. Bumping up against an S&P record which could take several tries to break through resistance.

Not expecting much movement today, slow summer trading
Old 15 August 2020, 12:55 AM   #4091
vipereaper30
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ UTC
Any CVAC buyers today? Some solid backing here. I mistimed NVAX and don't want to miss another opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
vipereaper30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 02:17 AM   #4092
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipereaper30 View Post
Any CVAC buyers today? Some solid backing here. I mistimed NVAX and don't want to miss another opportunity.

Just had their IPO, not even trading yet
Old 15 August 2020, 02:39 AM   #4093
-dustin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

their price just went up and up. wanted to get in early, but not at this point.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 02:43 AM   #4094
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipereaper30 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Just had their IPO, not even trading yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
their price just went up and up. wanted to get in early, but not at this point.
Opened at 44 now at 47 from an IPO of 16

Would not touch this as it is all hype for a new name in the biotech space.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/360321...-terms-for-ipo
Old 16 August 2020, 12:30 AM   #4095
logo
"TRF" Member

Warren Buffet is dumping banks for gold miners:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/fortune....an-kroger/amp/

I’ve mentioned on here recently my rationale for gold miners - as a rookie investor, nice to see Warren do the same. I’ve felt that relative to the health of the major gold mining companies and the current gold price environment, gold miners are a real value, especially after the gold shakedown earlier this week. If you look at the GDX historical chart, it was trading in the 55-60s in 2011 when gold was at 1650-1750.

For those interested, I think GDX is a great play. I don’t know all the ins and outs of the mining business, and GDX is a gold mine ETF. For what it’s worth, it’s two biggest components representing 25% of its holdings are Newmont (up 2.96% AH Friday) and Barrick (up 8.19% AH Friday). Yet GDX only went up 1.49% AH (and several of the smaller holdings also gained >1.5% AH), so I think there is some catch up room on Monday, to say nothing of the possible influx of buyers following Buffets moves.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2020, 09:10 PM   #4096
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
Warren Buffet is dumping banks for gold miners:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/fortune....an-kroger/amp/

I’ve mentioned on here recently my rationale for gold miners - as a rookie investor, nice to see Warren do the same. I’ve felt that relative to the health of the major gold mining companies and the current gold price environment, gold miners are a real value, especially after the gold shakedown earlier this week. If you look at the GDX historical chart, it was trading in the 55-60s in 2011 when gold was at 1650-1750.

For those interested, I think GDX is a great play. I don’t know all the ins and outs of the mining business, and GDX is a gold mine ETF. For what it’s worth, it’s two biggest components representing 25% of its holdings are Newmont (up 2.96% AH Friday) and Barrick (up 8.19% AH Friday). Yet GDX only went up 1.49% AH (and several of the smaller holdings also gained >1.5% AH), so I think there is some catch up room on Monday, to say nothing of the possible influx of buyers following Buffets moves.
Well to be fair he is not dumping banks. He is trimming positions and still holds billions of dollars in bank shares.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/436...q2-2020-update

I have no opinion on gold stocks as I would prefer to buy the stocks that produce the machines to do the mining.
Old 17 August 2020, 10:33 PM   #4097
beshannon
"TRF" Member

https://www.thestreet.com/markets/5-...-monday-081720

Futures up, we get retail earnings this week HD, LOW, TGT, TJX, KSS

Looking at trimming some positions today, GS raised S&P year end target to 3600
Old 17 August 2020, 11:15 PM   #4098
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Goldman boosts S&P 500 year-end target by 20% on falling risk premium

https://seekingalpha.com/news/360621...g-risk-premium

Not sure I agree, too many things need to fall into place. I have many core holdings that I would love to see go higher but I am going to be taking off my trading positions soon. I do however agree with their 12 month target and I am staying focused on a 12-18 month window
Old 18 August 2020, 04:12 AM   #4099
avidflyer

Thinking I should of bought on the teladoc dip...
avidflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 04:24 AM   #4100
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
Well may not be too late depending on your time horizon.
Old 18 August 2020, 05:19 AM   #4101
-dustin

What is driving Tesla today? I don’t get it.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 05:24 AM   #4102
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
Quote:
Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post

Agreed with Brian. I opened a position on the dip. Was hoping to add to my LVGO but it didn’t dip much further.

RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 05:45 AM   #4103
logo
"TRF" Member

Big day. Gold miners flying, and very pleased to see TDOC today. I opened a position on the dip - not so much that I believe in this specific business in it’s entirety as an alternative to normal healthcare, but that I believe there is room for this type of business within the healthcare space (I.e. telehealth in general). Plus, the TDOC/LVGO sell off was way overdone (still think it’s good value at the current price).
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 05:59 AM   #4104
Xelorpepsi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Don't have the answer, but can only think of the coming share split and Daniel Ives saying in a broker note that he was expecting the stock to reach $1,900 within a year as Tesla would now be back on track with its FY delivery target of 500k vehicles
Xelorpepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 07:51 AM   #4105
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Ya I can’t say they’ve released anything that made me want to pay their premium. From what I have read, there hasn’t been too much success outside of Mandalorian.

Disney is also in a 60/40 joint venture with Comcast regarding Hulu. I'd put much greater growth projections for that business segment than I would Disney +. Hulu with its parents who they are, gets access to all ESPN Gameday channels too at no additional costs. If college sports ever come back, those channels alone are a big advantage over traditional cable.
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 08:00 AM   #4106
aes7.5x55
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the river flow
Hi guys, I'm new to the stock market and was interested in purchasing a few shares of Swatch group and I'm an Omega fan. In my research, I've found there are 3 options: SWGAY, SWGNF and SWGAF. I can't readily discern what the difference is. How can I tell the differences? Apologies if this is a dumb question. I have so much to learn I'm not even sure how to ask intelligent questions!
Why is it always 10:10:31?
aes7.5x55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 08:10 AM   #4107
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by aes7.5x55 View Post
Hi guys, I'm new to the stock market and was interested in purchasing a few shares of Swatch group and I'm an Omega fan. In my research, I've found there are 3 options: SWGAY, SWGNF and SWGAF. I can't readily discern what the difference is. How can I tell the differences? Apologies if this is a dumb question. I have so much to learn I'm not even sure how to ask intelligent questions!
I believe SWGAY is the ADR, while the others are two different listed share classes. You should be able to find full details on the differences in their investor relations reports. Since you're newer to stocks, you may also want to consider purchasing one of the funds that are a larger holder of the stock for additional diversification. You can find those funds in the Top Holders listings. Though personally, I am not a fan of index funds right now.
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 06:35 PM   #4108
rob1200
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Self-driving (Level 2 Autonomy)
rob1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 08:52 PM   #4109
beshannon
"TRF" Member

HD crushed earnings, stock up 2.6% I am staying long with my core holdings

https://seekingalpha.com/news/360654...ats-on-revenue

https://seekingalpha.com/news/360655...ion-home-depot
Old 18 August 2020, 09:08 PM   #4110
beshannon
"TRF" Member

STORE Capital reports August rent collections of 86%

https://seekingalpha.com/news/360658...lections-of-86

I am staying long with this position