The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 16 March 2017, 09:12 AM   #1
Starclock
"TRF" Member

Hulk crown clicks when unscrewed/turned counterclockwise - but 114060 doesn't, why?

I posted this in another forum but i think it shouldve been posted here since its more of a technical question. So here goes;

I own both a 116610LV and a 114060 and today I've noticed that when unscrewing the crown (counterclockwise rotation) on the no-date Sub it is silent - but on the Sub Date it makes a faint clicking sound as its unscrewed.

Is this normal? I wouldve assumed the noise would be identical on both. I can't fathom any reason as theyre essentially the same watch aside from an extra crown position on the date version.

Does anybody know why this is? Or if anybody owns either one or both can you test this for me? Ive gotten some feedback and looked around the forums and it seems that many of the crowns make the ratcheting click noise when unscrewed or turned CCW - but some Rolexes dont. This seems to be random regardless of the model. It seems that 90% of Rolexes will make the noise but 10% of instances ive found people say theirs is silent. Im just trying to make sure its not a defect? Thanks anywyas for any insight you can provide me with.
Starclock is offline   Reply With Quote