The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 24 June 2017, 09:05 PM   #1
jamesf45
"TRF" Member

FS: Rolex Tru-Beat 6556 / 6558 / 6569

I found this watch at an estate sale several years ago and was initially puzzled because of the jerky jumping seconds hand. After opening the case, I noticed the odd Caliber Number (Cal. 1040), which I hadn't seen before. I did some research and it turns out this one of the super rare Tru-Beat Rolex watches.

Description:
The Caseback has Ref. 6569 engraved and between the lugs is Ref. 6558 or 6556 (the last 8 was engaged over a 6, so the case had at some point the Ref. 6556).
I was told that Rolex didn't produce the Tru-Beat watches for very long and thus changed ref. numbers mid-production and sometimes used 6569 casebacks. The date code of the caseback matches the case serial

Dial:
The dial has obviously either been re-done or swapped at some stage. I'm leaning towards re-done, because the dial says "Oysterdate" - but there is no date window.

Movement:
The movement is signed Cal. 1040. Apart from what's visible externally, don't know which Tru-Beat parts are still inside and which aren't. What I can tell you from inspections is that the Autobridge is significantly taller and the weight of the butterfly rotor is bigger than that of my other Cal. 1030/1065 watches. So at least the visible parts are 100% specific to the Cal 1040 Tru-Beat movement.
Some of the Tru-Beat gears underneath may still be original, because the seconds hand runs very jerky, I would say the seconds hand "ticks" 2-3 times per second. I uploaded a video to illustrate what I mean.

Video:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...VFDd1hObUdEbkk

Price:
5000 US$ or best offer

Return Policy:
Full refund if the watch isn't genuine. Otherwise no returns unless I grossly misrepresented anything.

Feel free to PM or email me at k.elvinar72@gmail.com

Payment via PayPal, Venmo, or Bank Transfer (German or US Bank Account).

Pictures:

jamesf45 is offline   Reply With Quote