The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 September 2017, 04:58 PM   #1
GarbanzoNegro
"TRF" Member

Question from newbie about bracelet for 114270

Hello everybody,

First post, so an introduction is mandatory.

My father gave me an Explorer 1 (114279) as a present back in 2002. I admit that I simply love the watch, for the watch itself and for the meaning. Since then, it has been my only watch, wearing it day and night, allowing it to witness the birth of my daughter and the passing away of other loved ones. In this time it has been serviced twice with 5 years intervals.

Because of that continuous wearing, and despite of cleaning the bracelet regularly, I felt it was somehow stretched after 10 years, so decided to order a new one via an AD. I sold the old one, allowing me to fund partly the new one.

Right now, 5 years later, I still feel that the bracelet has stretched again and I cannot wear it comfortably anymore.

I know you may say that this does not have that much of stretch, but it is, nevertheless, starting ro annoy me. It seats close to my wrist bone, hurting when I bend my hand, plus it bothers me having it so much of a free space where it can move from the wrist to the arm.

Using the micro adjustment in the clasp only makes the bracelet tighter, letting an impression of the clasp and bracelet in my arm.

I started several months ago to put some straps but always end returning to the bracelet because of the looks.

I would love to have a new bracelet but do not want it to "last" only for the next five years, like the current one. Having seen and read so many good pictures and praising to the new bracelet (e.g. the one for the Submariner 114060 with the Glidelock), I was wondering if it would be possible (without having to buy a new watch), to order one of those bracelets that would fit my watch and allow me the joy of wearing it daily.

I have looked for aftermarket bracelets but they do not seem to have enough quality.

Found one post about putting replacing the clasp with a new one (e.g. Glidelock), but prefer to replace the whole bracelet because of where it rests on my wrist bone.

Any info will be highly appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you and sharing my 15 years experience as an only one watch owner.

Best regards,

Mr. Gonzalez

PS: uploaded some pictures but got the message that I need to have 10 posts in order to include a link in my posy...
GarbanzoNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2017, 10:47 PM   #2
GarbanzoNegro
"TRF" Member

Old 23 September 2017, 10:50 PM   #3
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
I see no stretch tbh.

Why not put it on rubber b? A subc bracelet probably wont fit.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2017, 02:45 AM   #4
GarbanzoNegro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
I see no stretch tbh.

Why not put it on rubber b? A subc bracelet probably wont fit.

It may not seem to be stretched, but it is not as comfortable as I would like it to be, being too loose and sitting on my wrist bone and sliding up to my arm, or too tight, leaving marks on my wrist.

AFAIK, Rubber B does not have a model for the 114270.

Plus I love the look of a bracelet.

Best regards,

Mr. Gonzalez