The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 December 2018, 05:58 AM   #1
Luap1976
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610lnBBetaBBhar
Will rsc london regulate my sub c ?

So its running slow.no warranty brought it used any idea how much they charge?or will they refuse and only say full service?
I'm in London if that helps
I'm not looking to do a service a time soon.
Luap1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2018, 06:07 AM   #2
Swearengen
"TRF" Member

In my experience RSC will want to do a full service if your watch is out of warranty.

1680 1675 16800 16570 16710 17000 16613 17013

Gone but not forgotten 16610LV 1016
Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2018, 06:09 AM   #3
Luap1976
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swearengen View Post
In my experience RSC will want to do a full service if your watch is out of warranty.
Ok so who is the best Indy in London?i heard about a guy called taylermam is he legit ?
Old 5 December 2018, 06:16 AM   #4
Swearengen
"TRF" Member

I have heard this guy is good, I've not used him but a couple of folk have:
https://www.tictocman.com/watch-service

1680 1675 16800 16570 16710 17000 16613 17013

Gone but not forgotten 16610LV 1016
Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2018, 06:21 AM   #5
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
Your watch can only be regulated properly if the oils are still good and the movement is clean and no parts are worn out.
There is no universal advise here, the watch must be checked and then necessary actions to be determined
bondtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2018, 06:27 AM   #6
daemonix
"TRF" Member

Buyit used and being out of warranty are two different things. Is it three or five years since the original buy dates?

Three weeks ago I was there they didn’t require a card as I told them it home and you can easily check the activation date, she said yes.
daemonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2018, 06:49 AM   #7
Luap1976
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondtoys View Post
Your watch can only be regulated properly if the oils are still good and the movement is clean and no parts are worn out.
There is no universal advise here, the watch must be checked and then necessary actions to be determined
Watch is 2 years old to me.the date on warranty card is 2013
Old 5 December 2018, 06:57 AM   #8
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luap1976 View Post
Watch is 2 years old to me.the date on warranty card is 2013
So, the watch is five years or more past its purchase date, and could be older than that, depending on how long it had been sitting in the AD's case prior to purchase. You're on the bubble for needing a service anyway. How can you be so sure the time loss isn't telling you the watch needs more than a simple regulation?
JacksonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2018, 09:48 AM   #9
Luap1976
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
So, the watch is five years or more past its purchase date, and could be older than that, depending on how long it had been sitting in the AD's case prior to purchase. You're on the bubble for needing a service anyway. How can you be so sure the time loss isn't telling you the watch needs more than a simple regulation?
I can't be sure .but I also can't afford 700 pounds lol.but I can afford 50 to get it regulated.
I guess I'll have to take it to some guy called Russel tayerman i hope he is good
Its a shame rsc only regulate watches in warranty. I guess it's to stop people buying used I guess.
Old 5 December 2018, 10:22 AM   #10
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
So its running slow.no warranty brought it used any idea how much they charge?or will they refuse and only say full service?
I'm in London if that helps
I'm not looking to do a service a time soon.
How much time does the watch lose over a 24-hour period? Also, has it been running at roughly the same rate for the two years you have used it, or has its rate changed noticeably over a short period of time (a few weeks)?

I think the answers to these questions may help members here to say what we would do in your shoes.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2018, 10:33 AM   #11
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
How much time does the watch lose over a 24-hour period? Also, has it been running at roughly the same rate for the two years you have used it, or has its rate changed noticeably over a short period of time (a few weeks)?

I think the answers to these questions may help members here to say what we would do in your shoes.
Those are good questions.
JacksonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2018, 10:34 AM   #12
Luap1976
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post

Been running 5 sec slow the entire time I've had it..very consistant
Old 5 December 2018, 11:04 AM   #13
klenboy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Not sure if this is a valid RSC instruction but have you tried this? Found it in the tech section.

It seems though that the watch may be due for service. It may be unknown how the previous owner used this watch.
klenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2018, 05:18 PM   #14
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

https://www.londonrolexservice.com/ Elliot is fantastic.
Old 5 December 2018, 08:13 PM   #15
Macnavara
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ok so who is the best Indy in London?i heard about a guy called taylermam is he legit ?
Ive used Russell a few time and hes excellent.....rolex trained with parts account but be prepared as service costs are very simerla to RSC
Macnavara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2018, 08:32 PM   #16
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:

Hardly worth the bother for a few seconds out of 86400 in a day, consistency is the most important.And even if you do have it regulated on a machine to say +2 seconds it dont always mean the machine result will be exactly the same on your wrist.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2018, 09:00 PM   #17
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Thank you. I think I would continue to wear it and enjoy it, and then when it exhibits symptoms that service is due (timekeeping changes significantly from what you have now, or power reserve drops), then let the Rolex Service Center perform a full maintenance service.

If its daily rate of -5 sec/day bugs you (understandable), then you might walk into RSC and ask with a smile for their help regulating it. If RSC prefers not to, then let one of the trusted independents regulate it.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2018, 09:57 PM   #18
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
If you have no other issues other than 5 seconds a day loss then I would sit tight. If it bothers you then take it to the RSC and see if they will check the timing.
1William is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2018, 09:59 PM   #19
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Hardly worth the bother for a few seconds out of 86400 in a day, consistency is the most important.And even if you do have it regulated on a machine to say +2 seconds it dont always mean the machine result will be exactly the same on your wrist.
Agree Peter
OP, I’d wait till you have your regular service, being that it’s a 13.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2018, 10:30 PM   #20
Luap1976
"TRF" Member

great help from everyone here thanks so much.im going to sit tight for a bit then if it continues to bother me I'll take it to one of the great suggestions of independent watchmakers in London.and perhaps just walk into rsc st James. If they say no then never mind As I can still go to the suggested Indys if needed.again you guys been a great help cheers
Old 5 December 2018, 11:15 PM   #21
peterskinner
"TRF" Member

It's going to need a service at some point, and Rolex are probably the people to do it. Begin putting aside some cash, ready for the day. Expensive watches do involve some long-term care, like most other things. Including us....
peterskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2018, 11:41 PM   #22
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Primary concern, is it consistent?

It sounds like it is

5 seconds is nothing.

Run it for 5 more years

Keep your eye on it

Look to service it at year 10 unless consistency goes.

P.S. make sure when its run down, give it 40 full turns (as in, make sure the crown does at least a full rotation between your finger tips).
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2018, 01:35 AM   #23
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Russell Talerman is legit. Not worth bothering with for 5 sec.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 04:21 AM   #24
MikeyV
"TRF" Member

Watch: DateJust 41 TT
My watch was running at +0.3 seconds per day consistently with daily 14 hours wear for 4 months or so. It would run for a month and gain only 20 seconds. I checked it each day and it was a very even +0.3 per day.

I let the watch stop, as I went on vacation, (late November) came home and wound it up and set it.

It now ran at -2 per day, also pretty consistent. Ran like this for about a month.

I let it stop, gave it a full wind before x-mas, and it went right to running -5/6 per day, for the last few month or two. Still consistent time loss. It loses 3 seconds in the day, and 3 overnight.
Sometimes it only loses 1 or 2 in the say, and then more like 4 or 5 at night.
Resting position seems to not affect the watch, except for a day or two where it lost no time overnight while resting face down. Weird.

I have two questions, any info or stories would be appreciated.

-What could cause a watch running so close to perfect to get slow so quickly?
-If I take it to my AD, will they want to regulate it in the back of the store, or will it go to an RSC, since it's under Warranty? If the AD does it, will it get pressure tested again?

The watch is a new DJ41, bought in June 2018, and under warranty.

I'm gonna take it in sooner or later, as it bugs me. Mostly because it was near perfect, and now is not, and out of COSC, and especially out of -2/+2 that Rolex claims.
MikeyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 04:26 AM   #25
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I can't be sure .but I also can't afford 700 pounds lol.but I can afford 50 to get it regulated.
I guess I'll have to take it to some guy called Russel tayerman i hope he is good
Its a shame rsc only regulate watches in warranty. I guess it's to stop people buying used I guess.
RSC isn't the only game in town for a full service. There are many very capable folks that can service for you if cost is a factor. If it were me, I would spend the extra money and send it to RSC. They do a fantastic job and you will likely be good for another 10 years.

I don't service anything regularly. I don't believe in preventative maintenance on Rolex. Service it right, let Rolex do it, wear it for years to come with no issues. Just pressure test it every few years.
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote