The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 July 2021, 08:17 AM   #1
aparezco
"TRF" Member

Bracelet Compatibility Across SS Ceramic GMT Master II References

Hey Everyone,

I tried the Polished Center Links Oyster bracelet from the GMT Master II black/black/black (Ref: 116710LN) on a Batgirl (Ref: 126710blnr-0002) using the spring bars that come with the bracelet on the 116710LN. I then tried the Jubilee bracelet from the Batgirl on the black/black/black and it fits perfectly as well, no play anywhere, no weird gaps.

From this, I assume the following:
All bracelets that come on any SS Ceramic GMT Master II are compatible with any SS Ceramic GMT Master II regardless of reference.

I ask myself, why would I buy the bracelet from the new 2020 Batman (Ref: 126710blnr-0003) to have it for my Batgirl if I can just get the bracelet that comes on the black/black/black. The Oyster bracelet on the black/black/black is USD$1,900, in contrast, the Oyster bracelet for the new Batman costs USD$2,100.

Does anyone here know if there is an actual difference between the new Batman Oyster bracelet and the Oyster bracelet that comes on the black/black/black and if that difference is significant in any way?

I called the RSC and they told me that the bracelets on the new Batman and on the black/black/black are different but couldn't tell me where the difference was or how the extra $300 for the new Batman bracelet are justified.

I think they are very likely the same thing with very likely minute non-functional differences.

Any info would be appreciated.

Since I liked the fit from the black/black/black on my Batgirl I think I'll just go for that bracelet instead of buying the more expensive new Batman bracelet.
aparezco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2021, 08:31 AM   #2
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Would do the same as you suggest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags