The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 31 December 2019, 03:41 AM   #61
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillo View Post
Why does it matter the exact number? We know it was only used in the watch in the last 3-4 years of production and we know the watch was in production for almost 20.

It's pretty easy to see that fewer were produced.
It makes a huge difference how many were made if you think they are rare.

As an earlier poster said, it only matters to people on the watch forums, outside of this, no one cares about the movement numbers.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2019, 03:45 AM   #62
Explorerii216570
"TRF" Member

There’s no way theses are not going to get cheaper, they’re not producing them anymore. The 16570 is a 22 year run but counting the 16550 the explorer ii has had the same form factor since the early 1980s. The 3186 movement is the most modern form of a 30 year design. Some people look for the cream dialed watches, some people want patina on their tritium lume and some people like the classic design but with the most up to date features like the 3186, the engraved rehaut, working lume, And if you’re lucky enough to maximize the real estate of your polar dial the thin lume borders. There’s not many white faced Rolex’s tool watches to choose from. Besides we all know Rolex ruined the explorer ii with the 216570��
Explorerii216570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2019, 03:51 AM   #63
sillo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5 Digit
16570 in high demand ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
It makes a huge difference how many were made if you think they are rare.

As an earlier poster said, it only matters to people on the watch forums, outside of this, no one cares about the movement numbers.

Nobody is saying they’re 1/1 rare. All we’re saying is they’re produced in fewer enough numbers to command a premium and be relatively rare when compared to the 3185 variant. Whether you agree the premium is deserved is a different argument.

Basically everything discussed on this forum only matters to people on this forum so I don’t really think that point matters at all.

@TheGMTHand
sillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2020, 04:39 AM   #64
jarohr
"TRF" Member

Does anyone think that the "Swiss" only model with the 3185 movement (produced only in 1999) is more desirable/collectable than other 16570 models? Bark and Jack on Youtube seems to think so, so I have been trying to find one. But they are hard to find. Not sure if they are worth the extra effort. Maybe I should just get any 16570 if the price is right and it is in good condition. Thoughts?
jarohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2020, 07:01 AM   #65
aurenas
"TRF" Member

16570 in high demand ?

Seems like bark and jack don’t know s*** about 16570. I was watching his video and I turned off because he doesn’t understand what he talking about. IMO and based on current market prices for 16570/3186 are higher compared with 3185. 3186 been produced from late Z/early M to random. Which is around 4 years. That ONLY SWISS Thing is bs IMHO because it doesn’t make sense. Why? Because every Rolex has SWISS only dial when they changed from Tritium to Superluminova.

Personally i prefer 3186 because i like that thing that it has RRR rehaut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instagram watchauren
aurenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2020, 09:34 AM   #66
HORNBLOWER
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1 OR 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsyworld View Post
Love that Air King, there is just something about it, it’s like this totally one off Rolex. I’ve been tempted a couple of times to pull the trigger on that.
I thought this Airking was an overworked mess until I saw one in the flesh. Really nice watch in reality, big Milgauss case and the white gold 3 6 9 kind of tone down in the daylight. Wouldn't mind picking up up at all.
HORNBLOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2020, 10:34 PM   #67
jbglx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcameron View Post
There is one at WALMART for $8,550. with Box and Papers.
Right , but Walmart does not own the watch, it is only an intermediary in the sale.
jbglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2020, 11:06 PM   #68
Geckobros
"TRF" Member

Ouch! That price. My 16570 F series is one of my favorite watches. I don't think its quirky font spacing makes it any more/less valuable. Glad I bought mine when nobody seemed to like them.
Geckobros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2020, 11:43 PM   #69
G3Z
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega, Rolex etc..
I was fortunate enough to acquire my 16570 last year - it was just on the cusp of what I was willing to pay for one. Granted I paid a little over, by purchasing though Watchfinder - but I wanted the guarantee and peace of mind.

I’ve been eyeing one up for the past 5 years. Seeing the prices climb up and I knew If this carries on much more - it’ll have gone past what I see as justifiable for an Exp II.

Thankfully. I have no interest in selling it. It gets worn daily and will be a proper ‘tool’ watch for me. The years I’ve waited for it, it’ll repay me with years of use.
G3Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2020, 12:05 AM   #70
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

I don't think the prices have gone up at all, perhaps down.
The overpriced listings on the sales forum are just sitting there.
Most have had to cut prices to sell.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2020, 12:25 AM   #71
horseShu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Aqua Terra
lots of 16570 listings in chrono24 = high demand??
horseShu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2020, 12:39 AM   #72
ndrs63
"TRF" Member

Nah

ndrs63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2020, 01:02 AM   #73
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post
Tons of Explorer II......?
Well, on Chrono24......5 times more Daytona's than Expl. II
- 496 x Explorer II 16570
- 2597 x Daytona steel
Not a fair comparison, you are comparing a specific model Explorer to ALL Daytonas.
Tavli3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2020, 01:05 AM   #74
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarohr View Post
Does anyone think that the "Swiss" only model with the 3185 movement (produced only in 1999) is more desirable/collectable than other 16570 models? Bark and Jack on Youtube seems to think so, so I have been trying to find one. But they are hard to find. Not sure if they are worth the extra effort. Maybe I should just get any 16570 if the price is right and it is in good condition. Thoughts?
Short answer no,and dont believe what you hear on Youtube most of them talk through where the sun dont shine.And all Rolex watches had Swiss only on there dials from around 1998 well into 2000 it was just the change from Tritium to Luminover lume nothing more.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2020, 01:45 AM   #75
007_Omega
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Aesthetically, I think the 3186 version looks worse because it has the smaller black surroundings on the markers but hey people are always jumping on the next potential investment.

This watch has been the "affordable" Rolex sports watch for years. It has been hyped through the roof by many influencers on YouTube. Many of them own the watch or have owned the watch at some point and have promoted it.

It is still considered the more affordable and bang for buck model but the gap between it and other models has definitely shrunk.
007_Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2020, 08:37 AM   #76
raretime
Banned

Well deserved appreciation for my dad's favorite watch. it's beauty makes it hard for it to be overpriced so i believe it will exceed $12k in couple of years
raretime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2020, 12:04 PM   #77
collarcity
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 14060M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007_Omega View Post
Aesthetically, I think the 3186 version looks worse because it has the smaller black surroundings on the markers ...
Agreed. I also prefer the thicker index surrounds, especially on a Polar dial. I don't find anything more appealing about the 3186 really.

collarcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2020, 12:07 PM   #78
aurenas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collarcity View Post
Agreed. I also prefer the thicker index surrounds, especially on a Polar dial. I don't find anything more appealing about the 3186 really.

Hahahahahaha, this is my picture. Btw both of these watches that you see in this picture are with 3186 movement. On the left G serial on the right random serial

Instagram watchauren
aurenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2020, 12:55 PM   #79
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseShu View Post
lots of 16570 listings in chrono24 = high demand??

These are nowhere near high in demand. I bought multiple for 5k between 2018-2019. They have gone up in price as the stainless demand increased. I think it’s a shame more people don’t buy them up, they are awesome.

shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote