The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 29 October 2023, 11:39 AM   #1
stevestil
"TRF" Member

2021 BLRO needs service?

2021 Pepsi picked up from my AD at the beginning of 2021. not my daily but It definitely gets a good amount of wear. I have noticed lately the watch runs slower than my other watches. Honestly; im not an accuracy nut and I don’t always check the accuracy on my watches, but I have noticed the Pepsi stands out as it is the only watch that within a few hours of wearing is consistently running -2 or -3 which may seem fine to most, but it is the only watch I have that isn’t spot on all day while on my wrist if I’ve set the time properly in the morning once it goes on my wrist. Now that I noticed it, I can’t unnotice it!

I expect deviations the next morning after I’ve set my watch down for the evening but my Pepsi loses time within 2 hours of wearing it.

For those who have had the issue with the movement, is this how it starts? Should I leave it alone? Send it in for service?

It’s under warranty so I don’t mind sending it in. Don’t really want to be without the watch for weeks at a time, and also if it is the dreaded movement issue, doesn’t seem like there is a fix for it and I don’t want to be dealing with this same problem every few years.

Any input helps! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stevestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 11:58 AM   #2
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Send it in. Your location says NYC, if that’s accurate just take it to the Long Island RSC. Last one I sent in was 4 weeks exactly door to door to door. I can’t say if the fix is permanent, but the last two I sent in run great currently.
Easy E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 12:04 PM   #3
vesnyder
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II
That is how the issues started with my 2019 GMT CHNR. It got progressively worse. Good luck!
vesnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 12:24 PM   #4
stevestil
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
Send it in. Your location says NYC, if that’s accurate just take it to the Long Island RSC. Last one I sent in was 4 weeks exactly door to door to door. I can’t say if the fix is permanent, but the last two I sent in run great currently.

Thanks! Where is the Long Island RSC?

Old 29 October 2023, 12:32 PM   #5
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Might as well get it dealt with now, as I suspect the waiting time will only get longer as the 32xx issue gradually gets more well-known and more people start checking or noticing their watches slowing down.
Old 29 October 2023, 12:34 PM   #6
stevestil
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Might as well get it dealt with now, as I suspect the waiting time will only get longer as the 32xx issue gradually gets more well-known and more people start checking or noticing their watches slowing down.

Yep, I think you’re right. I’ll stop by RSC this week and see what they say.

Old 29 October 2023, 12:45 PM   #7
Cassian739

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestil View Post

If you are in Manhattan, the official NY RSC is at 650 Fifth Ave x 52nd.

https://www.rolex.com/en-us/watch-ca...k-unitedstates
Cassian739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 12:47 PM   #8
stevestil
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassian739 View Post
If you are in Manhattan, the official NY RSC is at 650 Fifth Ave x 52nd.

https://www.rolex.com/en-us/watch-ca...k-unitedstates

Yes, that I knew! I serviced my Serti dial submariner there. Wasn’t aware of a Long Island one, though.

Old 29 October 2023, 12:50 PM   #9
Cassian739

Quote:
Yes, that I knew! I serviced my Serti dial submariner there. Wasn’t aware of a Long Island one, though.
Me neither, I always thought Long Island service centers are associated with ADs. But, who knows, maybe LI is where the NY RSC sends watches for actual service. IDK.
Old 29 October 2023, 12:52 PM   #10
Easy E

Quote:

12-16 43rd AVe, Long Island, NY 11101

Supposedly that’s where 32xx warranty issues are handled.
Easy E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 12:57 PM   #11
Cassian739

I found another thread on this, I guess it's a Warehouse and Distribution center plus they do some technical repairs there as well.

RSC Long Island City Warranty Service
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=779029
Old 29 October 2023, 12:58 PM   #12
stevestil
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
12-16 43rd AVe, Long Island, NY 11101

Supposedly that’s where 32xx warranty issues are handled.

Got it. That’s in Long Island city. Not open to the public so I assume 5th ave is the way to go

Old 29 October 2023, 01:45 PM   #13
JMGoodnight369
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear about it OP. I’ve had 2/3 32xx movements go in for service. Both I dropped off in person in NYC and they told me they get sent to Lititz PA for warranty work. I actually got so sick of dealing with the issue that I traded the 3rd 32xx for an older 3186 GMT so I wouldn’t have to worry about it. Hopefully Rolex does right and not only gets this sorted but also will extend some kind of warranty on the movement after the initial 5 years as this is clearly a manufacturer flaw and we shouldn’t be expected to pay $700-1000 every couple years for a watch that clearly says in the warranty only needs every 10 years. Better to drop it off sooner than later as I’m sure they are starting to get piled up. My last warranty service was dropped off early February and I didn’t get it back until late April and that was “rushed”.
JMGoodnight369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 02:07 PM   #14
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
I’ve had two Pepsis. The first was sent in due to suddenly being way slow. Sent to pa to have the lubricants redone as they were deemed to be gumming up. They beat the watch up so I ended up with a replacement. The later one has had no issue.

Sent using Tapatalk
airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 02:44 PM   #15
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
My BLRO became erratic right around two years, mostly slow but not consistent at all. My AD sent it to Dallas RSC, I got it back in about a month, and it’s been good for almost three years now.
And yes, AFAIK the LIC location probably houses the RSC now but no public access there. I believe there is still some intake center on 5th Ave.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 03:26 PM   #16
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
Doesn’t sound good and hopefully it will get sorted by the RSC
996marty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 06:31 PM   #17
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
2021 Pepsi picked up from my AD at the beginning of 2021. not my daily but It definitely gets a good amount of wear. I have noticed lately the watch runs slower than my other watches. Honestly; im not an accuracy nut and I don’t always check the accuracy on my watches, but I have noticed the Pepsi stands out as it is the only watch that within a few hours of wearing is consistently running -2 or -3 which may seem fine to most, but it is the only watch I have that isn’t spot on all day while on my wrist if I’ve set the time properly in the morning once it goes on my wrist. Now that I noticed it, I can’t unnotice it!

I expect deviations the next morning after I’ve set my watch down for the evening but my Pepsi loses time within 2 hours of wearing it.

For those who have had the issue with the movement, is this how it starts? Should I leave it alone? Send it in for service?

It’s under warranty so I don’t mind sending it in. Don’t really want to be without the watch for weeks at a time, and also if it is the dreaded movement issue, doesn’t seem like there is a fix for it and I don’t want to be dealing with this same problem every few years.

Any input helps! Thanks!

Bet if it was gaining 2-3 seconds you would not even notice it, but because of the internet hysteria over the 32 movements now its noticed because it loosing a few seconds .But keep a close eye on it if it starts loosing well over precision Rolex spec send it in to RSC to be looked at.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 09:24 PM   #18
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

If it's less than five years old it's under the original warranty. If it's more than 2 seconds out a day it's out of manufacturer spec. I'm not sure this would get my attention but if it bothered me I would not hesitate to send it in. In your situation I would be inclined to wait in case the accuracy improves or deteriorates more, but it's your call and you are well covered.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 09:35 PM   #19
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
If it's less than five years old it's under the original warranty. If it's more than 2 seconds out a day it's out of manufacturer spec. I'm not sure this would get my attention but if it bothered me I would not hesitate to send it in. In your situation I would be inclined to wait in case the accuracy improves or deteriorates more, but it's your call and you are well covered.
This is my take on it as well.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 09:37 PM   #20
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Hi Steve, I’m curious about your observations …

I hear you saying that you wear your Pepsi and within 2 hours or so, you notice it’s losing 2 or 3 seconds.

Is it fully wound?
How much time does it lose in a 24 hour period?

If it’s losing 2-3 seconds per day I’d leave it be. If it’s losing 2-3 seconds every 2-3 hours (like 30 seconds a day), then I’d have it looked at.

I think it’s important to know how much time it’s losing in 24 hours or maybe even like a week for me to make a decision.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 10:02 PM   #21
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGoodnight369 View Post
I actually got so sick of dealing with the issue that I traded the 3rd 32xx for an older 3186 GMT so I wouldn’t have to worry about it.
I sold my LV sub last week and I'm looking for an unpolished hulk right now.
Old 29 October 2023, 10:11 PM   #22
stevestil
"TRF" Member

2021 BLRO needs service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Hi Steve, I’m curious about your observations …

I hear you saying that you wear your Pepsi and within 2 hours or so, you notice it’s losing 2 or 3 seconds.

Is it fully wound?
How much time does it lose in a 24 hour period?

If it’s losing 2-3 seconds per day I’d leave it be. If it’s losing 2-3 seconds every 2-3 hours (like 30 seconds a day), then I’d have it looked at.

I think it’s important to know how much time it’s losing in 24 hours or maybe even like a week for me to make a decision.

Hi! Yes- it’s always fully wound. I don’t think it’s losing 30 seconds a day. I wear the Pepsi for 2-3 days at a time usually but sometimes less. I will notice it being anywhere from -2 , -3 while I’m wearing it to -5 sometimes in the morning when I put it back on and it’s been in a certain position all night. I haven’t worn it for a week straight and actually paid attention but maybe I should do that to see if I should send it in.

Old 29 October 2023, 10:32 PM   #23
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Hi! Yes- it’s always fully wound. It’s not losing 30 seconds a day. I wear the Pepsi for 2-3 days at a time usually but sometimes less. I will notice it being anywhere from -2 , -3 while I’m wearing it to -5 sometimes in the morning when I put it back on and it’s been in a certain position all night. I haven’t worn it for a week straight and actually paid attention but maybe I should do that to see if I should send it in.

Thanks for clarifying that Steve.

In this case I would leave it be, but that’s just me.

There’s no right or wrong answer of course.

As you know, the spectrum of opinion varies on this matter from: folks who wouldn’t own a 32xx movement because they believe they’re inherently flawed, to others who don’t have issues or aren’t bothered.m

Where I can relate to your situation, is that once you see something, you can’t unsee it. I guess you’ll have to decide if it’s worth it to you.

The watch sounds like it’s still running at COSC specs
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2023, 11:03 PM   #24
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I would take it in to a watch maker and have them put it on a time graph and see what it says. With that information I would make a decision. At more than 5 seconds a day the watch needs to either be adjusted or serviced.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2023, 04:50 AM   #25
stevestil
"TRF" Member

Amplitude is low! Just left the watch maker at Bucherer. It’ll need to go to RSC

Old 30 October 2023, 04:53 AM   #26
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Amplitude is low! Just left the watch maker at Bucherer. It’ll need to go to RSC

That's the sickness.
Old 30 October 2023, 05:29 AM   #27
Big J
"TRF" Member

I noticed my DateJust was off compared to my others around this time last year. It seemed that it started running slow around 10-12 s/day. I waited until this year to send it in for warranty work. The authorized dealer sent it to Lititz, PA. It came back six weeks later, it runs around 2-3 s/day fast now.
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2023, 05:30 AM   #28
saxo3
"TRF" Member

2021 BLRO needs service?

Quote:
How low? You have some numbers for amplitudes and rates? I assume Bucherer has tested the 3285 movement after full winding. Did they show or give you the timegrapher printout?
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 October 2023, 05:41 AM   #29
stevestil
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
How low? You have some numbers for amplitudes and rates? I assume Bucherer has tested the 3285 movement after full winding. Did they show or give you the timegrapher printout?

They didn’t, but they said the amplitude was between 240-245

Old 30 October 2023, 05:57 AM   #30
saxo3
"TRF" Member

2021 BLRO needs service?

Quote:
They didn’t, but they said the amplitude was between 240-245
Which positions? Any info about the rates?
What was Bucherer's conclusion?
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote