The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 23 December 2022, 02:00 AM   #151
rag5178
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirru View Post
I have a 6.6 in wrist. I find that the downward curve of the lugs and articulation of the bracelet links makes the piece fit beautifully and comfortably.

Here’s what it looks like from the side when the bracelet is spread as wide open as possible:

And here are some shots showing it next to some other watches with bracelets. You can see that it certainly doesn’t articulate as widely as the others:

By the way, can we talk about how incredible the LUME on this piece is? Outshines (pun intended) every other sports watch in my collection by a mile. The luminous ceramic compound that they use (“Globolight”) is stunning. I hope other brands consider using this new material as well:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amazing pics! This is exactly what I was feeling when I tried the watch on. At 7.25 inch wrist, I find that the way the end links and first link of the bracelet are curved, the watch actually digs into my wrist some. I imagine for smaller wrists, it helps the watch wear beautifully.
rag5178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2022, 05:09 AM   #152
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

This is a beautifully executed watch. I don't know why Moser doesn't make more of these kinds of watches, especially on bracelet.

I know they have a design language and aesthetic, but they are bordering on boring if they don't keep iterating on their case designs. This pure sporting look just looks right in my opinion.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2022, 07:24 AM   #153
NardinNut
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag5178 View Post
Amazing pics! This is exactly what I was feeling when I tried the watch on. At 7.25 inch wrist, I find that the way the end links and first link of the bracelet are curved, the watch actually digs into my wrist some. I imagine for smaller wrists, it helps the watch wear beautifully.

Depends on the wrist. I have a 7.25” wrist as well and the watch is extremely comfortable on my wrist. My only issue is that the micro adjustment is useless for my wrist. There are no half links to remove so the watch is either on the tighter side with micro open all the way, or I add a link and it’s slightly lose with micro closed all the way. Shame as the micro adjustment is fantastic and something I love with a bracelet as my wrist swells more in the morning (that’s what she said!).
NardinNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2022, 08:25 AM   #154
rag5178
"TRF" Member

Good point, shape of wrist is very important too. I'm just glad I was able to try before I buy. It seems trying before you buy is a challenge for a lot of pieces in high demand, but it's always a good idea.
rag5178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2022, 10:02 AM   #155
wirru
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
This is a beautifully executed watch. I don't know why Moser doesn't make more of these kinds of watches, especially on bracelet.

I know they have a design language and aesthetic, but they are bordering on boring if they don't keep iterating on their case designs. This pure sporting look just looks right in my opinion.

I totally agree with you. If this reference were part of their standard lineup, I’m pretty sure it’d be one of their best sellers. But perhaps they care more about differentiation? This reference seems a bit too “mainstream” as far as Moser goes…

wirru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2022, 10:02 AM   #156
Guarionex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Two Liner T< 25
Would anyone happen to know what grade titanium is used for these?
Guarionex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2022, 10:46 AM   #157
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP
Quote:
I have a 6.6 in wrist. I find that the downward curve of the lugs and articulation of the bracelet links makes the piece fit beautifully and comfortably.

Here’s what it looks like from the side when the bracelet is spread as wide open as possible:

And here are some shots showing it next to some other watches with bracelets. You can see that it certainly doesn’t articulate as widely as the others:

By the way, can we talk about how incredible the LUME on this piece is? Outshines (pun intended) every other sports watch in my collection by a mile. The luminous ceramic compound that they use (“Globolight”) is stunning. I hope other brands consider using this new material as well:

I completely agree as well as I too have a 6.6 in. wrist and this reference fits perfectly. It would likely fit a wrist up to 7.1 nicely. It checks all the Moser "boxes" and in so glad Govberg and Moser teamed up for this beauty. I wonder if there are any left?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Yobrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2022, 11:11 AM   #158
wirru
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guarionex View Post
Would anyone happen to know what grade titanium is used for these?

I had the same question. I don’t have any official confirmation, but at this price point I presume it is Grade 5 Titanium.

Old 23 December 2022, 08:08 PM   #159
Guarionex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I had the same question. I don’t have any official confirmation, but at this price point I presume it is Grade 5 Titanium.

Thank you. I sent a message to one of the Moser reps online asking them and waiting for a response.
Old 24 December 2022, 02:21 AM   #160
wirru
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thank you. I sent a message to one of the Moser reps online asking them and waiting for a response.

Please keep us posted once you hear back!

Old 24 December 2022, 05:32 AM   #161
Guarionex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Please keep us posted once you hear back!

I reached out to the International Sales Director at H.Moser & Cie
Nicholas Hofmann and he confirmed that the a grade 5 is used for the Govberg pioneer.
Old 24 December 2022, 09:54 AM   #162
wirru
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I reached out to the International Sales Director at H.Moser & Cie
Nicholas Hofmann and he confirmed that the a grade 5 is used for the Govberg pioneer.

Amazing. Thanks for the confirmation.

Old 3 January 2023, 05:58 AM   #163
Guarionex
"TRF" Member

New H. Moser Limited

I was interested in getting it so I then set up an appointment and was able to try it on but for some strange reason it didn’t connect with me. My buddy who came along was in love with it. Maybe it just felt to lightweight for me and the 40mm size was off to me. It’s a really Cool looking piece though with a great bracelet. I ended up picking up the Rose Gold Pioneer with blue dial.

Old 3 January 2023, 09:25 AM   #164
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Beautiful watch, congrats. I believe there are only 5 more of the titanium limited edition pieces left. At least 1 had a gold rotor. Odd that some had gold rotors, most had tungsten.

Old 26 January 2023, 06:23 AM   #165
RolexSimon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobrooks View Post
Beautiful watch, congrats. I believe there are only 5 more of the titanium limited edition pieces left. At least 1 had a gold rotor. Odd that some had gold rotors, most had tungsten.

Any update on if they're sold out yet?
RolexSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 11:24 AM   #166
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexSimon View Post
I believe there are a few left. I personally saw one at Govberg's last week and 2 weeks ago there were 5 left. It's such a wonderful titanium reference in 40mm that not one has been seen on C24 for resale.

Old 26 January 2023, 12:31 PM   #167
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexSimon View Post
Nope, not sold out yet. Just confirmed with Govberg that they still have some left.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2023, 04:15 AM   #168
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

This model is SS would be awesome. I kinda like some heft in a watch.

Is there any chance Moser might reissue that earlier version with the GMT bezel in the larger size (SS)? That was also a winner to me.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2023, 11:12 AM   #169
RolexSimon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
This model is SS would be awesome. I kinda like some heft in a watch.

Is there any chance Moser might reissue that earlier version with the GMT bezel in the larger size (SS)? That was also a winner to me.
I'm not generally a fan of titanium watches but this one feels more "heft" than others due to the bracelet.
I'd hope they won't "re-release" the previous SS GMT bezel one or this one for that matter. Keep the LEs truly "limited" IMHO!
RolexSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2023, 03:54 AM   #170
danicasi2002
"TRF" Member

Very nice piece. Indeed, talking to my SA, this is still available as of last weekend at Govberg. It says this is 40 mm watch. From the photos though, it looks like more than that.
danicasi2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2023, 10:34 AM   #171
NardinNut
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicasi2002 View Post
Very nice piece. Indeed, talking to my SA, this is still available as of last weekend at Govberg. It says this is 40 mm watch. From the photos though, it looks like more than that.

It’s 40mm and wears like a 40mm (for me at least)
NardinNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2023, 10:39 PM   #172
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicasi2002 View Post
Mine fits perfectly as a 40 mm, the curved lugs hug the wrist with a great slim profile. Wearing it more and more. Go for it.

Old 11 February 2023, 11:57 PM   #173
danicasi2002
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobrooks View Post
Mine fits perfectly as a 40 mm, the curved lugs hug the wrist with a great slim profile. Wearing it more and more. Go for it.

Thanks for sharing the photos. I passed on this one because I just made another purchase and I would like to enjoy that for some time first. It is however a very nice, unique Moser.
danicasi2002 is offline   Reply With Quote