The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 October 2018, 11:39 PM   #211
josephvman
Banned

My date changed correctly first night back from service, which is a good sign! Running spot on to the second for the past 24 hours.
josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2018, 01:55 AM   #212
I_am_Ned
"TRF" Member

Two months and one day on wrist every day. No date issues, and the accuracy of this watch is a little spooky.
I_am_Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2018, 03:07 AM   #213
JRT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Ned View Post
Two months and one day on wrist every day. No date issues, and the accuracy of this watch is a little spooky.
How spooky it was?
JRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2018, 08:28 AM   #214
DannyB01
"TRF" Member

I really like this watch, was planning on buying one then noticed they were selling on the grey market for well above retail and via private sellers who obviously jumped on these quick to flip and turn a tidy profit telling the same story about waiting lists etc to try an inflate prices/manipulate the market which I thought seemed odd because let's face it, it ain't no Rolex, AP or Patek. I was about to take the leap last week and rang an AD to discuss but was told to be patient and that this is a known issue to Tudor hence the wait and not pay over retail. So I'm working on the idea based on what AD said that Tudor are rectifying this known issue which is holding up supply a little bit which makes complete logical sense as I won't be paying over retail for a Tudor unless it was a vintage collectors offcourse.

So if you're looking be patient supply should sort it self out in the coming months and then atleast you'll know you won't get one with this issue only to have another lengthy delay in sending it in for repair.
DannyB01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2018, 01:17 PM   #215
PetesBrother
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ball Ohio
I've had mine for 8 days, and it has been on my wrist virtually continuously with only a few breaks. Plenty of exposure to water. My brother told me about this thread--which I have read through entirely! And so now I guess I need to wait a month or two to be sure I do/don't have this problem. Meanwhile, I have to agree with those who are mentioning the enjoyment and the super accuracy. +2.5 seconds for the week.
PetesBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2018, 01:43 PM   #216
vipereaper30
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ UTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyB01 View Post
So if you're looking be patient supply should sort it self out in the coming months and then atleast you'll know you won't get one with this issue only to have another lengthy delay in sending it in for repair.
Hopefully you are right but in this market you might be waiting a while. Crazy times but this is a hot watch don't see that changing any time soon.
vipereaper30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2018, 06:53 PM   #217
DannyB01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipereaper30 View Post
Hopefully you are right but in this market you might be waiting a while. Crazy times but this is a hot watch don't see that changing any time soon.
I’m not concerned, I’m on the waiting list so happy to wait, I also got on the waiting list for BLNR at the same time so I’m happy camper. I don’t need these in a rush anyway. Already have a enought to tide me over, and regardless it’s a tudor I’m sure supply will regulate itself soon enough anyway, Rolex I can kind of agree with due to demand etc and the precious metals used so they can claim some exuses but the tudor gmt is just stainless brushed steel and a inhouse movement, and it’s definetly not worth the 1k+ above retail price flippers are trying to get for it.

It’s a beautiful watch don’t get me wrong and I’m sure high quality but apart from the gmt/red blue bezel, which again is just aluminium I think? It’s not using anything super special and without that it’d be sitting fully stocked in every ad.

But it is the first tudor I’ve actually genuinly liked far more than the rolex variant. But no where near worth the current inflated after market value.
DannyB01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2018, 12:04 AM   #218
JP(Canada)
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyB01 View Post
I’m not concerned, I’m on the waiting list so happy to wait, I also got on the waiting list for BLNR at the same time so I’m happy camper. I don’t need these in a rush anyway. Already have a enought to tide me over, and regardless it’s a tudor I’m sure supply will regulate itself soon enough anyway, Rolex I can kind of agree with due to demand etc and the precious metals used so they can claim some exuses but the tudor gmt is just stainless brushed steel and a inhouse movement, and it’s definetly not worth the 1k+ above retail price flippers are trying to get for it.

It’s a beautiful watch don’t get me wrong and I’m sure high quality but apart from the gmt/red blue bezel, which again is just aluminium I think? It’s not using anything super special and without that it’d be sitting fully stocked in every ad.

But it is the first tudor I’ve actually genuinly liked far more than the rolex variant. But no where near worth the current inflated after market value.
I have a problem with paying over retail. Whether it's Tudor, or Rolex, doesn't matter to me. But, it's the buyers choice and the market will dictate.
Old 19 October 2018, 11:21 AM   #219
SG56
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: SD4K
It's baaaaaaack!!
Husband is happy.

No details other than fixed under warranty.
Yacht-Master 268622 - the chick version
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3
Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAF141C.BA0824 - the chick version

Thank you logan5tx!!! Have to link it. Too long for the signature.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...0&postcount=14
SG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2018, 02:10 PM   #220
patrolmi
"TRF" Member

No issue here YET

I wear mine on and off for a few days at a time, and as of yet-- no issues.. I'd be interested if anyone hears anything detailed about what the issue is. It's definitely one of my favorite watches to wear.
patrolmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2018, 10:32 PM   #221
blcblc
"TRF" Member

No issue with mine. Got it in july.
blcblc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2018, 02:18 PM   #222
chazadams
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner / GMT

My AD gave me gave me the option of refunding the watch but I elected to have the date wheel fixed. No specifics provided upon return

It really is an amazing watch and I missed it. Checks alot of my WIS boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chazadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2018, 06:07 AM   #223
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
My watch is back from Switzerland

Just to let you know guys, my Tudor gmt is back from a 7 weeks round trip for the date issue. All my AD was able to tell me was that the movement was changed.
First couple of hours with it now. It was greatly missed during its voyage to Holland :-) Hope the isssue won’t resurface again!
Will report back to you.

Rori.
Rori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2018, 04:56 AM   #224
Rori
"TRF" Member

Gmtudor

Here it is, on the Siena strap.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg forum.jpg (162.2 KB, 420 views)
Old 10 December 2018, 04:17 AM   #225
Rori
"TRF" Member

Date change should be at 12 am ?

Hi guys,
I would like to hear from you if the date on the Tudor GMT changes exactly at 12 am as Rolex matches do because mine is changing date minutes past 12.
Is that normal?
Old 10 December 2018, 04:28 AM   #226
phez
"TRF" Member

Watch: PT DD40 Ice Blue
Rolex do not change date exactly at midnight unless you are exceedingly luck. Rolex have a window of minus 5 minutes before midnight to plus 10 after.

I am assuming Tudor are exactly the same.
Grand Seiko GMT blue dial and blue GMT hand
phez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2018, 06:39 AM   #227
bcat37645
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC, 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rori View Post
Hi guys,
I would like to hear from you if the date on the Tudor GMT changes exactly at 12 am as Rolex matches do because mine is changing date minutes past 12.
Is that normal?
Both my Tudor GMT and my SubC change date at 4 minutes past midnight.
bcat37645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2018, 08:18 AM   #228
todd.hepburn
"TRF" Member

Mine changes at 12:10. Is that acceptable?
todd.hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2018, 08:27 AM   #229
vipereaper30
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ UTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd.hepburn View Post
Out of all the things we go full OCD on with our watches this one is the hardest for me to understand. Is there ever a time for you between midnight and ten past midnight where you ever need to check your watch for the date?
vipereaper30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2018, 10:17 PM   #230
Rori
"TRF" Member

hahaha, no no, it's not being picky or anything but rather it has a lot to do with the fact that the watch just came back from Switzerland for where it got a movement replacement because of the date issue affecting some batches of this model.
Also, my fault of thinking that the date mechanism on the Rolex and Tudor changes at 12 am while in reality it changes instantly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipereaper30 View Post
Out of all the things we go full OCD on with our watches this one is the hardest for me to understand. Is there ever a time for you between midnight and ten past midnight where you ever need to check your watch for the date?
Old 10 December 2018, 10:39 PM   #231
Rori
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phez View Post
Rolex do not change date exactly at midnight unless you are exceedingly luck. Rolex have a window of minus 5 minutes before midnight to plus 10 after.

I am assuming Tudor are exactly the same.
I mix the fact that Rolex and Tudor should change date instantaneously with that of changing it exactly at 12 am. Now I got it. Thanks for the reply.
Old 10 December 2018, 10:40 PM   #232
Rori
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcat37645 View Post
Both my Tudor GMT and my SubC change date at 4 minutes past midnight.
After the date issue being fixed I became a bit paranoid but now I feel better. Thanks for the info.
Old 10 December 2018, 10:41 PM   #233
Rori
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd.hepburn View Post
It seems so. Normal. mine too.
Old 10 December 2018, 10:53 PM   #234
Snow-Dweller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: collections change
Mine changes date at about 2am

16803. 16570. 18038. 114300. BB58. GMW-B5000D.
Snow-Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 12:12 AM   #235
Bluside
2024 Pledge Member

I'm never up at midnight anymore to even see when it changes. But, I remember those days fondly.
Bluside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 01:00 AM   #236
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

I was offered a tudor gmt and turned it down because of this ongoing date issue. I already have BLNR and never had a problem. People will say "its under warranty so just send it to tudor , simple fix etc" but it is a pain.

Very disappointing for TUDOR, They should have tested this movement and worked out kinks before release.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2018, 03:05 AM   #237
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrpdc View Post
I was offered a tudor gmt and turned it down because of this ongoing date issue. I already have BLNR and never had a problem. People will say "its under warranty so just send it to tudor , simple fix etc" but it is a pain.

Very disappointing for TUDOR, They should have tested this movement and worked out kinks before release.
You tell 'em!

Because Rolex (or any other brand, virtually) never had a manufacturing issues with one of its watches.
Old 31 December 2018, 10:49 AM   #238
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my sig. ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
...Hopefully not many more, and then I can sell mine as a true Mk1 with knackered date mechanism!
Oh boy... just when I thought I was safe...

Having seen my Pepsi change date flawlessly for the first ~32 days, I felt I'd dodged that bullet but the other day I noticed it had jumped a day... sigh.
I do appreciate that some of your watches have managed to get through the ordeal without a trip to the RSC and I will do the same - give the watch time to distribute the excessive lubrication. Hopefully. *Knocks on wood*

I recently sent another new watch in (to the official Service Center) and it came back scuffed up... and having OCD, I'm now much more reserved about sending in a new watch...

Regarding a theory that the issue existed only with the first "batch" or "a" batch; I took receipt of mine this past mid-November and it's one with the coveted rivet bracelet so there is really no chance that this sample was sitting at the AD since July... . I would have hoped that by now Tudor would have taken control of the issue!

Too bad, it's such an awesome watch!

Some stats:
date wheel "snaps" to new date roughly 7mins past midnight (my 126600 about 6mins after)
SN I764nnn
purch date 20th Nov (EU region)
Accuracy: +2~4/day

I'm wearing it for New Year's Eve... I guess my friends will be wondering why the heck I'm staring at my watch so intensely come 00:06...

Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Seiko SBGA125 SBDX001 SLA017 SLA025 SLA033
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Other Mühle Glashütte S.A.R. Flieger Chronoswiss Tora
Travelller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2018, 05:21 PM   #239
XZACM102
"TRF" Member

My watch that went to RSC Dallas to sort this issue came back scuffed. After seeing the scratches on the case back I've rejected it and send it back through my AD.
RSC ended up ordering a new case back from Tudor. I think I'm done with the brand. Product that sucks and service even worse !
XZACM102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2018, 07:01 PM   #240
peterpl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XZACM1001 View Post
My watch that went to RSC Dallas to sort this issue came back scuffed. After seeing the scratches on the case back I've rejected it and send it back through my AD.
RSC ended up ordering a new case back from Tudor. I think I'm done with the brand. Product that sucks and service even worse !
Yep - This is the exact reason why I hate using warranty. Whenever a watch is opened unless they replace hands etc....it will have marks on them.

I explicitly had to ask Rolex to replace the hands and be extra careful with dust, hair and fingerprints as well as alignment of dates/coronet etc...when I used warranty.

Pain in the ass and can cause more issues.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote