The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 20 July 2017, 01:55 AM   #61
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Yeah I know that one. Well what about the one where a woman, at the beginning of microwave ovens, came back from the rain with her cat or dog, put the poor animal in the oven, and saw it explode? I think she got 5-10 million, and that was the beginning of the 80's, just because the maker did not right on the instructions not to put a live animal inside.
And all the people suing shops because they fell on ice on the sidewalks in front of the said shops.
I lived 9 years in the US, there are even lawyers making commercials like "an accident happened to you? You might be eligible for a ton of cash".
Also guys jumping in front of moving cars and stuff, might be wrong but have seen a few documentaries on insurance doctors and surgeons had to pay in the US because of incessant law suits, seemed crazy, with surgeons paying close to one million a year in insurance...
I lived in Florida most of my life, and I assure you, south Florida is NOTORIOUS for litigation. Anybody who says otherwise is full of it. The amount of phony insurance claims is astronomical in those parts. Practically every other billboard is an attorney. FWIW I have nothing against attorneys whatsoever, it's just a fact that lawsuits are rampant there. and yes, those commercials are on repeat, (call 1800 blah blah to find out about possible compensation).

Also, medical malpractice is becoming absolutely ridiculous. Very good friends with an abundance of physicians and surgeons. Their advice was a major factor in my not continuing onto medical school (when I made that decision) and taking a different route. Medicine is not what it used to be, especially if you want your own practice. Lots of individuals looking for any excuse to claim 'malpractice' and taint your name/business, especially if there is any aspect of surgery involved. Not worth the hassle anymore, mid-level provider is where it's at in America. PA.......RN with specialty in dermatology or anaesthesiology.........all much more lucrative in my opinion without the risk of malpractice.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2017, 02:14 AM   #62
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
Dont talk to me about dentist...ive gone to 3 and get diff advice from all. Methadone and opiates have ruined my teeth at 60...ok nothing can be done about it.....One says "pull out all teeth and get implants" about 40k......One says save all the teeth you can and get partial dentures....the other didn't want to full with it....charged me 135 bucks for nothing.
I would go with door number 2 right now ....save all you can etc......makes the most sense to me. But ive got a 2:30 at today to see what this one tells me.
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2017, 02:27 AM   #63
BristolCavendish
Banned

Another factor to consider in this 'good dentist vs bad dentist' discussion is whether your dentist is part of an insurance network where you can only go to their approved list of dentists for treatment and coverage.

A successful and competent private dentist usually doesn't need to be part of an insurance network as he already has a full workload of returning patients. A lesser experienced or skilled dentist will often opt for network membership either as a means of starting a practice or as a security blanket for ongoing incompetence. Since these dentists are paid on a lower scale by the insurance company, they are guaranteed a steady number of patients who are forced to go to them due to coverage mandates.

This opens the door for countless screw-ups, potential rework and the use of cheaper/questionable restoration materials as the insurance company has established fiscal ceilings for pay-outs and remunerations. Thus a vicious circle of recurrent dental issues/problems/discomfiture can perpetuate along with continuing payments (less deductible) on the part of the network patient. The 'network' is essentially a money-machine benefitting both lousy dentists and the insurance companies who operate in this prescribed manner.

This is one of the reasons why a successful private dentist often limits the application and acceptance of various dental insurance carriers. He doesn't need the insurance company's referrals and reimbursements to stay in business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
I lived 9 years in the US, there are even lawyers making commercials like "an accident happened to you? You might be eligible for a ton of cash".
In America, lawyers would definitely be in the 'top 10' of least trusted professions.
BristolCavendish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2017, 03:02 AM   #64
Maybelline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Prove you wrong??? you're the one making ridiculous claims, with absolutely zero proof, want others to blindly believe it, then act as if it's fact unless we 'prove' you otherwise. How old are you, 16?

At this point I find anything you say, quite hard to even believe. No need asking if people 'follow' your story, you make zero sense to anyone remotely intellectual. Nobody is listening to you, and I'm tired of responding to you. Cheers.
Why are you so upset? It seems that if I'm making ridiculous claims with zero proof then you have nothing to worry about.
You really should try and relax. You know what the studies say about dentists.

What about my story makes zero sense to you? I can maybe put it into more simpler words that you may better understand?

Obviously someone is listening to me my dental friend it's just maybe that the truth hurts.
Maybelline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2017, 01:37 AM   #65
Maybelline
Banned

Remember this one? Dentist kills lion.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...ting-zimbabwe/
Maybelline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2017, 04:12 AM   #66
BristolCavendish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
Remember this one? Dentist kills lion.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...ting-zimbabwe/
In all fairness to the dentistry profession, Dr. Palmer was performing his duties as an amateur 'big game hunter' when he shot and killed that lion.

The lion didn't die in his dental chair.
Old 21 July 2017, 04:30 AM   #67
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
But a sentient creature died by his hands. And not accidentally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BristolCavendish View Post
In all fairness to the dentistry profession, Dr. Palmer was performing his duties as an amateur 'big game hunter' when he shot and killed that lion.

The lion didn't die in his dental chair.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2017, 04:30 AM   #68
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

If anyone cares, I'm on 2 lots of antibiotics, 2 lots of painkillers and stomach-lining pill. In 4 days I've only managed to eat 3 Weetabix and a yoghurt!!!!
Old 21 July 2017, 05:31 AM   #69
BristolCavendish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
But a sentient creature died by his hands. And not accidentally.
Agreed. Dr. Palmer's motives and actions were a clear reflection of his darker inner self.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeer7 View Post
If anyone cares, I'm on 2 lots of antibiotics, 2 lots of painkillers and stomach-lining pill. In 4 days I've only managed to eat 3 Weetabix and a yoghurt!!!!
Hoping that your dental issues and recurrent pain can be resolved ASAP. Antibiotics are often prescribed for a couple of weeks either prior to or following a dental procedure. Since you are also on painkillers, what is the approximate timetable for eventual treatment? Has a full diagnosis and treatment plan been established?
Old 21 July 2017, 06:51 AM   #70
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BristolCavendish View Post
Agreed. Dr. Palmer's motives and actions were a clear reflection of his darker inner self.

Hoping that your dental issues and recurrent pain can be resolved ASAP. Antibiotics are often prescribed for a couple of weeks either prior to or following a dental procedure. Since you are also on painkillers, what is the approximate timetable for eventual treatment? Has a full diagnosis and treatment plan been established?
I will deal with the follow up as soon as infection and swelling go down. I still can't open my mouth to let anyone have a good look. Thanks for caring BC

Tags
dentist