The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 May 2021, 05:46 AM   #91
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbalster View Post
I think the front of the line pass is worth it at Disneyland for what it's worth. That's not hype!
'Speedy Boarding' is worth the few extra quid, too.
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 05:53 AM   #92
Shazbot302
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vh2k View Post
Some people pay extra to board a plane first.

Some people pay extra to go to the front of the line at the amusement park.

Some people pay thousands extra to be the first in their neighborhood with a new car model.

And some people want to be the first with a new hot watch.

Products and services in the free market economy. You don't like it... you don't have to buy it. Absolutely nothing crazy or stupid about it.
While I certainly appreciate the economics lesson, I’m sure everyone here understands the “free market” and supply vs demand. Nobody here said he shouldn’t charge that much; they’re expressing their shock that DSW is asking 3x retail, and a significance amount over current grey market prices. Thats what people do on Internet forums and they should be free to do that without someone trying to make them feel stupid.
Shazbot302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 06:13 AM   #93
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbot302 View Post
While I certainly appreciate the economics lesson, I’m sure everyone here understands the “free market” and supply vs demand. Nobody here said he shouldn’t charge that much; they’re expressing their shock that DSW is asking 3x retail, and a significance amount over current grey market prices. They should be free to do that without someone trying to make them feel stupid.
It was either this thread or the skydweller thread, and somebody said they wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. There are some very psychotic people out there.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 07:19 AM   #94
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
While I certainly appreciate the economics lesson, I’m sure everyone here understands the “free market” and supply vs demand. Nobody here said he shouldn’t charge that much; they’re expressing their shock that DSW is asking 3x retail, and a significance amount over current grey market prices. Thats what people do on Internet forums and they should be free to do that without someone trying to make them feel stupid.
I agree.
Old 13 May 2021, 07:43 AM   #95
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by vh2k View Post
Some people pay extra to board a plane first.

Some people pay extra to go to the front of the line at the amusement park.

Some people pay thousands extra to be the first in their neighborhood with a new car model.

And some people want to be the first with a new hot watch.

Products and services in the free market economy. You don't like it... you don't have to buy it. Absolutely nothing crazy or stupid about it.

We can split hairs about additives, but it’s a bubble and prices have expanded beyond all rationality and even beyond supply and demand. I don’t think paying that much beyond MSRP is stupid per se but would not characterize it as intelligent either. Now if someone wants to spend even 100k on a watch to be the first to get that pic on the instabook to each his own and I have no beef with that. But what’s going on in the current market with Rolex (and perhaps many other commodities) is not the same as paying to get to the front of the line at the amusement park. We are witnessing the commodification of a consumer product, hyped by fake scarcity and market manipulation by investors, speculators, etc and in my eyes (not that Rolex cares) is turning me off to the brand and many others. Not sure if folks are paying attention but the younger folks will will be necessary to Keep Rolex afloat increasingly eschew things that smack of hierarchy and privilege. And maybe that’s what we are down to, maybe there is no way for Rolex or others to remain relevant today that to start appealing to hype and simply be a picture on someone page to say hey man, look at me look at me are you seeing this, I got the BLNR.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 07:43 AM   #96
j.alex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potawatomi View Post
Why not spend a little more than the 28k and get the WG BLRO? That's what I would do
That is exactly what I thought
j.alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 08:46 AM   #97
Oystersteel92
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
Would they pay over listing price on a piece of property? Genuine question.
That's happening a lot these days, at least in my area. Bidding wars on residences that are selling within days of being listed.

Sooooo much money sloshing through the system right now, at least in the USA. Article in my local newspaper today about the TWO $27 million dollar installments my county will be receiving from the last $1.9 trillion Federal spending bill. We're an economically diverse county in a smallish Red state with a $60 million annual budget and a current reserve over $12 million and don't NEED the money, but it's coming and they have to figure out how to spend it. If we're getting that much, you know the big counties are going to get far more, and with everyone trying to spend it all at once, demand for raw materials and services will be even greater than it is now.

Talk about lighting the inflation fuse. I would not be surprised if $50k SS Rolexes are just around the corner.
Oystersteel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 01:27 PM   #98
stainlesssteve
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinleems View Post
I just quickly put in one side of the 78200 bracelet and volia... 126710BLRO on Oyster

I dare ya to wear it like that... one side oyster, the other side jubilee...
Old 13 May 2021, 02:10 PM   #99
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
2021 BLRO on Oyster @DavidSW

Yes, we will call it the Harvey to go with the Batman.
Old 13 May 2021, 02:17 PM   #100
chris242
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610lv
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Yes, we will call it the Harvey to go with the Batman.
chris242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 02:17 PM   #101
rmagoo57
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT II/Sub/Exp II
Quote:
Originally Posted by stainlesssteve View Post
I dare ya to wear it like that... one side oyster, the other side jubilee...
It's the BLRO on Oybilee
rmagoo57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 02:44 PM   #102
oldman2005
"TRF" Member

Rolex is no longer within reach for typical WIS from the past years, now it's in the domain of MEGA dollars, there're so much money floating waiting to be made by trading these Rolex. I'm glad I got my Rolex early, now there's no chance I get a SS from my AD even I have very good relationship with my AD. Check this guy's channel out and you have a feel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeN2KAPucV8

People are out to make serious money from trading Rolex and they have very deep pocket, can a WIS keep up???
oldman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 05:52 PM   #103
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmagoo57 View Post
It's the BLRO on Oybilee
Why, that's a ridiculous suggestion.
I've never heard anything so completely nonsensical!
You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself.

It's blatantly obvious that, that's the classical Jubster configuration!
Old 13 May 2021, 08:21 PM   #104
Goin2drt
Banned

Quote:
Agreed. Every one of these threads has the economics professor come on and let us know again about supply and demand and capitalism. They add zero value or even post anything interesting or even funny. It has become standard so I usually just scroll on by as you know you will get it.

You also get the inevitable post comparing a watch that was a MSRP and usually is not an investment (actually not the case these days as many now consider these an investment) to real estate that doesn’t have an MSRP. Those I move on past as well.
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 08:57 PM   #105
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oystersteel92 View Post
That's happening a lot these days, at least in my area. Bidding wars on residences that are selling within days of being listed.

Sooooo much money sloshing through the system right now, at least in the USA. Article in my local newspaper today about the TWO $27 million dollar installments my county will be receiving from the last $1.9 trillion Federal spending bill. We're an economically diverse county in a smallish Red state with a $60 million annual budget and a current reserve over $12 million and don't NEED the money, but it's coming and they have to figure out how to spend it. If we're getting that much, you know the big counties are going to get far more, and with everyone trying to spend it all at once, demand for raw materials and services will be even greater than it is now.

Talk about lighting the inflation fuse. I would not be surprised if $50k SS Rolexes are just around the corner.

The White Daytona will be first to cross the threshold. If the Pepsi crosses the 40k threshold im out! I’ll have mine listed faster than DavidSW gets a new release out the back door from an AD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 09:02 PM   #106
Goin2drt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie_Rollie View Post
The White Daytona will be first to cross the threshold. If the Pepsi crosses the 40k threshold im out! I’ll have mine listed faster than DavidSW gets a new release out the back door from an AD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote