The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 13 May 2021, 04:40 AM   #1
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Anyone do the Nascar Driving Experience?

Parents are visiting this weekend and we'll be up in Daytona; thinking of giving my Dad an early Father's Day gift.

Anyone have experience with the Nascar / Richard Petty Driving Experience? Good / bad? Looks fun, albeit a bit on the pricey end.

https://www.nascarracingexperience.com/
Old 13 May 2021, 04:44 AM   #2
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

My dad did it in Charlotte, good fun and generally very safe. I assume 'tona circle and not the reeeeeally fun road course.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 04:48 AM   #3
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
My dad did it in Charlotte, good fun and generally very safe. I assume 'tona circle and not the reeeeeally fun road course.
Haha - correct, the circle.
Old 13 May 2021, 04:48 AM   #4
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
They only use the oval, same as Charlotte. My son had a race on the kart track there in December and they were running around all week on the oval.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 05:50 AM   #5
56scooter
"TRF" Member

I did it years ago at Disney World when they still had the small trim-oval track there. The track has since been removed but I will remember the experience forever. I would highly recommend it, just make sure that your father knows how to drive a four speed! There are no automatics or paddle shifters!
56scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 05:56 AM   #6
JParm

I am the most impatient person ever...ended up booking the 5-minute for the both of us. Figured a couple laps around the track will be enough to get the juices flowing for my Dad!
Old 13 May 2021, 06:38 AM   #7
NYC6
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBMARINER 14060M
Did it in Vegas about 8 years ago. I did 144mph around the track. With the banking you can practically take your hands off the wheel and the car will follow. At 180 in traffic is a whole different thing. My wife did the ride along and they were really moving and within inches of the wall. It was a good time.

*Tip- in class they’ll tell you if you get to close to the pace car in front of you the driver will wave for for to slow down some, DO NOT take your foot off the throttle all the way, just back off some. It’s amazing how much speed you lose and it takes time to get back up to speed. Have fun.
NYC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 07:37 AM   #8
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
Anyone have experience with the Nascar / Richard Petty Driving Experience? Good / bad? Looks fun, albeit a bit on the pricey end.

https://www.nascarracingexperience.com/
Don't know about Petty, but you might want to stay away from the Danica Patrick one. Before you finish, you have to end up in the wall. Then when they interview you about it afterwards, you have to get pissed off and blame someone else.
Old 14 May 2021, 07:34 AM   #9
tadbart
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060
A friend of mine is a driver there. Name's Rusty. Helluva guy. We worked on the ambulance together a couple decades ago.

Have fun!
tadbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2021, 07:58 AM   #10
DLRIDES

Watch: Me
I have done an all day NASCAR class/driving experience years ago ......... it’s a blast !

Being no circle racing fan, and having been extremely fast on a motorcycle, I didn’t expect much ............ wrong ! It will scare the crap out of you when that wall is beside your head at 180 !

Have fun
Old 14 May 2021, 08:03 AM   #11
DLRIDES

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPaul View Post
Don't know about Petty, but you might want to stay away from the Danica Patrick one. Before you finish, you have to end up in the wall. Then when they interview you about it afterwards, you have to get pissed off and blame someone else.
Here in the south, we call that “v*g*na privilege”.

Old 14 May 2021, 11:26 AM   #12
Laszlo

Watch: Date & No Date
My wife did it a few years ago and loved it.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2021, 12:32 PM   #13
Boopie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
No but I did the Porsche Experience here in LA a couple of years ago and had an absolute blast. The NASCAR experience, I imagine, would be even more fantastic.
Boopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2021, 12:33 PM   #14
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Can’t help with original question but just took a trip down i95 on my first custom tune. Had a nice time. Last night tonight in daytona.

I will say old land rover driving school at greenbriar did provide some help for me offroading, even though it seemed basic. Lots of takeaways that helped
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2021, 09:58 PM   #15
NYC6
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBMARINER 14060M
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPaul View Post
Now that’s funny. About 5 years ago a group of us drove up to the New Hampshire track( Miracle Mile) and sure enough Danica plowed into the wall very close to where we were, no injuries thankfully.
I do give her credit for suiting up and getting out there.
NYC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2021, 10:19 PM   #16
JParm

We're doing it on Sunday, so will be back soon with a full photo report!

Also, if anyone is in Daytona for the weekend, they're doing the Vettes at One Daytona on Saturday - I think they're expecting over 150 Corvettes, C1-C8. We're going mostly to see the C8's and take notes on what to buy / not buy before ours comes in, but might be a good time for anyone interested!
Old 14 May 2021, 11:09 PM   #17
Rochester585
"TRF" Member

Ive never had the experience myself, but a family friend has. This man is generally very quiet and not very animated. Dosent show much excitement for anything, but a few years ago he went on a family vacation and his wife signed him up, when he told the story he was the most excited ive ever seen him. Completely wound up, said it was one of the coolest things hes ever done in his life and the cost was a complete afterthought after getting his laps in.
Rochester585 is offline   Reply With Quote