The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 25 June 2022, 04:43 AM   #91
nikhsub1
Server Advisor

Watch: 16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstewart View Post
It's the easiest thing in the world to know. You learn your body's resting metabolic rate, account for exercise, and count all calories consumed (this will involve measuring/weighing your foods).
And that's 'the easiest thing'? LMAO. Okay. How many calories will put me into a deficit. Thanks.
nikhsub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 05:10 AM   #92
Bstewart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhsub1 View Post
And that's 'the easiest thing'? LMAO. Okay. How many calories will put me into a deficit. Thanks.
Again, you'd need to provide your RMR and an analysis on your exercise/heart rate, etc. Yes, it's easy, most fit ppl do this on a daily basis.
Bstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 10:00 AM   #93
nikhsub1
Server Advisor

Watch: 16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstewart View Post
Again, you'd need to provide your RMR and an analysis on your exercise/heart rate, etc. Yes, it's easy, most fit ppl do this on a daily basis.
Most fit people? What is an RMR? I understand the exercise part of it but what if you don't exercise? Or do it sporadically?
nikhsub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 10:09 AM   #94
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Renounce is the most importante verb on this matter and maybe in everything else. We're here to make choices. We're the ones responsible for ourselves. Not anyone else. Food is here to please me not the other way around. I own you food . you're my bitch lol
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 10:28 AM   #95
K7Baixo2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Code, Explor.II
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
Renounce is the most importante verb on this matter and maybe in everything else. We're here to make choices. We're the ones responsible for ourselves. Not anyone else. Food is here to please me not the other way around. I own you food . you're my bitch lol
<<<<< burp >>>>>
Old 25 June 2022, 10:41 AM   #96
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7Baixo2 View Post
<<<<< burp >>>>>
Old 26 June 2022, 02:25 AM   #97
Lonehiker
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
You're on the right track mr. pizza.

I lost 20kg on the last year and a half and I've been stable for almost a year. I went from 82 kg to 62 kg. Didn't even know I had that much fat on my body and now at 52 yrs old I have that six pack I always wanted lol. best thing I'll be able to keep that way without too much effort.

First thing I did was get rid of breakfast. No one needs that. I wake up and I drink water and black cofee thats all. We're not a car that need gas to run. Quite the opposite. First we run then we eat. Deplete first complete later. If I spent 8 hours sleeping why would I need to eat a bunch of food especially carbs. makes no sense at least to me. Then at lunch around 1pm just vegetables and meat. low quantity. At 6pm my last meal and here I just eat whatever the heck I want. You name it. Pizza, cheeseburger, cake, fruits, hot dogs, anything I want. That way I went from 3 meals a day to 1 and a half and I eat nothing in between meals. Instead of being happy three times a day I'm completely happy just once a day, so, like I said, how to lose weight: eat less lol

ps1 - I workout six days a week too. great for the body, even better for my mental health.

ps2- On weekends I love to drink beer and I'll do that tonight. you bet I wll lol
Impressive results, but wow, 62kg! How tall are you, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m 68kg & 1.83m and am constantly being told I’m too thin.

Also, have you completely given up beer, wine etc?
Lonehiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 02:31 AM   #98
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonehiker View Post
Impressive results, but wow, 62kg! How tall are you, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m 68kg & 1.83m and am constantly being told I’m too thin.

Also, have you completely given up beer, wine etc?
1.70m. Reached my ideal weight and will keep that way as long as I want. As for beer, every friday night at least like I did yesterday up to 4am and you can see the result on my nonorthodox post above lol.
Old 26 June 2022, 02:40 AM   #99
Lonehiker
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
1.70m. Reached my ideal weight and will keep that way as long as I want. As for beer, every friday night at least like I did yesterday up to 4am and you can see the result on my nonorthodox post above lol.
Makes sense! And congratulations for staying up till 4am .. I’m a couple of years older than you & barely make it to 11pm these days …

Lonehiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 02:49 AM   #100
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonehiker View Post
Makes sense! And congratulations for staying up till 4am .. I’m a couple of years older than you & barely make it to 11pm these days …

Thanks my friend. Have a nice weekend.
Old 28 June 2022, 03:26 AM   #101
Bstewart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhsub1 View Post
Most fit people? What is an RMR? I understand the exercise part of it but what if you don't exercise? Or do it sporadically?
Yes, most fit people. All that I know do this.

RMR is resting metabolic rate, how many calories your body burns in a day without exercise or anything else. Check out this link, see if there is a location by you or something similar (I have no affiliation with this company except I have used their services with good results).

https://www.fitnescity.com/blog/unde...metabolic-rate

Even if you don't move at all, your body needs a certain amount of calories for basic life functions such as breathing, etc. of course, so even if you don't move at all and your required calories are low, just eating below that would put you obviously into a deficit.

These tests can also tell you if your body relies more on carbs vs fats for fuel.
Bstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2022, 06:42 AM   #102
OYptL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Invicta
I once worked with a guy who’s last meal was at 1400. He would eat a good breakfast then the 1400 meal. He would only have liquids until breakfast and it worked for him.
OYptL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2022, 12:54 AM   #103
tnt
"TRF" Member

I never eat too full. I eat rice and noodle every day.
Need protein in meat, black beans, soybeans. When in young age, I hate meats and rarely eat them. I started eat more meat in the last year, it helps maintain the weight and bones (from 96lbs to 91lbs now. My height is 5'1''5. I am a shortie LOL).

no soda at all. I drink water only in the last 15 years.

Avoid too much sweet fruits. I do not eat mango when too ripe. I eat one banana almost everyday especially in the morning as a breakfast.
Old 29 June 2022, 01:06 AM   #104
5thLegion
"TRF" Member

"Lose it" app = very effective calorie counter. Highly recommended, super easy to use and gives you credit for exercise. I usually drop 15 or more lbs when I stick to it. Lately, I have not stuck to it.
5thLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2022, 05:51 AM   #105
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYptL View Post
I once worked with a guy who’s last meal was at 1400. He would eat a good breakfast then the 1400 meal. He would only have liquids until breakfast and it worked for him.
That might work perfectly as well, but I need to eat at night. It's the only moment I relax and enjoy a meal after everything is taken care of. I love to eat watching news channels at night and I can easily do without breakfast so that was my choice.
Old 29 June 2022, 08:55 AM   #106
OYptL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Invicta
Quote:
That might work perfectly as well, but I need to eat at night. It's the only moment I relax and enjoy a meal after everything is taken care of. I love to eat watching news channels at night and I can easily do without :breakfast so that was my choice.
OYptL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2022, 10:26 AM   #107
TNT009
"TRF" Member

Just move.. Even when you dont want to!
TNT009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2022, 11:22 AM   #108
NachoNeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the river flow
Some funny stuff!
Reminds me of the old joke:
'Want to know how to lose ten pounds of ugly fat? Cut off your head!'
Old 4 October 2022, 04:48 PM   #109
Yoda_Eating_Pizza
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda_Eating_Pizza View Post
In my late 20s, a friend gave me advice about glycemic index after I went hypoglycemic during a long hike. I mentally filed away that advice and did nothing.

Then for other reasons, I started going to the gym in my 30s, became pretty psycho about it.

Late 40s, a close friend (different friend) betrayed me, I went into a bit of a depression, lifestyle changed somewhat. Quit the gym. Quit certain hobbies. (Re)discovered alcohol. I just didn't care.

Managed to get weight nicely in control with IF alone, but otherwise lifestyle still wasn't great. Then covid happened, and some interesting new bad habits formed. Then more recently, I realized that a lot of my clothes were getting tight.

Now I'm finally following the advice of the hiking friend, all these decades later. Currently low carbs. Resumed my IF. Added HIIT and modest weights for quicker results. Currently down 9 pounds after 3 weeks, so far it's been nice and steady, no sudden drops.

Once I reach my goal, the plan is to try and find a balance point for maintenance mode, which I reckon will be trial and error. My OCD might actually push me beyond my goal, but I hope not. I do have a tendency to get pretty psycho about some things. I don't want to lose too much weight. My OCD has been a hinderance in other areas of my life, but for weight loss, it has been a plus. The hardest part is finding a spark, and then I'm like a robot and just do it. This time the spark was ill-fitting clothes. I just didn't want to buy bigger clothes. Superficial I know, but I really hate clothes shopping.
An update since my last post in this thread.

I've actually overshot my weight loss goal. I had a hunch this would happen, but I guess that's not a bad thing per se. My body is probably healthier. But I hate shopping for clothes out of necessity. All I wanted to do was fit in my pants again. Now I don't fit in my pants, but in the opposite direction. And it turned out not just being about reshaping my body composition, but also reshaping habits.

At the onset I thought this would only be a temporary thing, and I would switch into maintenance mode after reaching my goal. But it seems my OCD has morphed it into a new normal, and has fundamentally changed my nutrition and activity. I do everything out of habit now, without filtering it through a thought process. It would probably take a conscious effort to go back.

What I've been doing is HIIT a few times per week (sprints), weights on other days. One or two meals a day, but usually only one. Black coffee almost every day, but I've actually I've been a black coffee addict for a long time. I may snack on things like beef sticks, sausage & sauerkraut, chicharrones, etc.

I reckon I'm in a constant caloric deficit, but I don't really know, because I do not count calories. I usually eat very little carbs, lots of fat and fiber and some protein. And I've recently learned that apparently I'm ketogenic, but I had started doing this before I even learned "keto" was really a thing. My weight loss stemmed from remembering a decades-old glycemic index conversation I had with a friend, mentioned in my previous post.

I say I "usually" eat very little carbs, because I still eat carbs & sugar whenever I feel like it.

More of a side effect than a conscious decision, somehow I now can have one scotch without the desire to have three more. I don't think I was a full blown alcoholic (or perhaps I was), but previously I would have one or two drinks a day. Now I have one drink every few weeks, or one bottle of wine spread out over a few days if Mrs Yoda and I are having some. I don't crave alcohol anymore. I do crave other things, but for the better. And the healthy cravings are stronger than cravings I ever had for less healthy things, go figure.

But just speaking from what happened to me, I think 99% of my body recomposition was mental recomposition, and 1% is ongoing execution. Execution is the easy part in the sense that I just do whatever nutrition or activity I need to do. The mental part was the hardest, taking the first step, and then sustaining it. But sustaining became a non-factor when it became a habit, and just normal.
Yoda_Eating_Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2022, 07:03 PM   #110
Peter Toronto
"TRF" Member

We’ll that’s just amazing. Well done and I wish you continued success … which you now know is all about intentional living and discipline. I hope you continue to feel great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Peter Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2022, 02:34 AM   #111
Stan Cooper
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-Master II
Healthy diet limiting portions, limit alcohol, ride 10 miles a day on a bicycle (electric assist is cheating).
♛16710 GMT-Master II, ♛1915 Rolex WW1 Trench Watch, Zelos Thresher 500m GMT Meteorite, Zelos Swordfish 40 200m Ti Blood Moon Meteorite, Hamilton Pilot Chronograph, Ball Roadmaster Pilot GMT COSC Chronometer, Zelos Mako 300M True GMT Meteorite
It's weird being the same age as old people.

- Stan
Stan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2022, 02:40 AM   #112
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda_Eating_Pizza View Post
An update since my last post in this thread.

I've actually overshot my weight loss goal. I had a hunch this would happen, but I guess that's not a bad thing per se. My body is probably healthier. But I hate shopping for clothes out of necessity. All I wanted to do was fit in my pants again. Now I don't fit in my pants, but in the opposite direction. And it turned out not just being about reshaping my body composition, but also reshaping habits.

At the onset I thought this would only be a temporary thing, and I would switch into maintenance mode after reaching my goal. But it seems my OCD has morphed it into a new normal, and has fundamentally changed my nutrition and activity. I do everything out of habit now, without filtering it through a thought process. It would probably take a conscious effort to go back.

What I've been doing is HIIT a few times per week (sprints), weights on other days. One or two meals a day, but usually only one. Black coffee almost every day, but I've actually I've been a black coffee addict for a long time. I may snack on things like beef sticks, sausage & sauerkraut, chicharrones, etc.

I reckon I'm in a constant caloric deficit, but I don't really know, because I do not count calories. I usually eat very little carbs, lots of fat and fiber and some protein. And I've recently learned that apparently I'm ketogenic, but I had started doing this before I even learned "keto" was really a thing. My weight loss stemmed from remembering a decades-old glycemic index conversation I had with a friend, mentioned in my previous post.

I say I "usually" eat very little carbs, because I still eat carbs & sugar whenever I feel like it.

More of a side effect than a conscious decision, somehow I now can have one scotch without the desire to have three more. I don't think I was a full blown alcoholic (or perhaps I was), but previously I would have one or two drinks a day. Now I have one drink every few weeks, or one bottle of wine spread out over a few days if Mrs Yoda and I are having some. I don't crave alcohol anymore. I do crave other things, but for the better. And the healthy cravings are stronger than cravings I ever had for less healthy things, go figure.

But just speaking from what happened to me, I think 99% of my body recomposition was mental recomposition, and 1% is ongoing execution. Execution is the easy part in the sense that I just do whatever nutrition or activity I need to do. The mental part was the hardest, taking the first step, and then sustaining it. But sustaining became a non-factor when it became a habit, and just normal.
Great job man.

Often times people lose weight on diets only to gain it back once they go off diet because they didn't do a lifestyle change. Looks like you had a lifestyle change to be healthier.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2022, 07:51 PM   #113
Xbj
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
Divorce
Whatever you’re going through, I feel your pain. Lol
Xbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2022, 09:07 PM   #114
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Down 8lbs since beginning of September.

Cut booze out 100%. Which I’ll miss, but it’s not serving me any longer. And my health was taking a toll. Just not worth it anymore.

Also been watching my diet far closer. Granted, having a nasty bout with Gout will do that to you.

My workouts are also more intense. Getting way more/better sleep without the booze so everything is working a bit better.

I’m 189 today. My target weight is 180. I’ll get there by December at the latest. Taking my time. Doing it right.

I’ll never let myself slide again. Too hard to get back where I want to be.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 11:34 AM   #115
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
I lost 13lbs in 5 days with shingles. How committed are you?
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 11:41 AM   #116
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickettt View Post
Oh man. Sorry to hear that. I’ve heard shingles is terrible.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 08:57 PM   #117
FloraaAna
"TRF" Member

you should take healthy food but not fats in diet. Use less amount of fats and carbohydrates in diet. Take exercise regularly. Dont eat plenty food which has more carbohydrates and fats.
FloraaAna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 10:52 PM   #118
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickettt View Post
Very sorry to hear this. Shingles are brutal. Hope you’ve healed up
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 11:27 PM   #119
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Avoid beer
Actually, all alcohol. Empty calories which the body metabolizes first storing fat in the process. Really a shame.
Calatrava r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2022, 11:33 PM   #120
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloraaAna View Post
you should take healthy food but not fats in diet. Use less amount of fats and carbohydrates in diet. Take exercise regularly. Dont eat plenty food which has more carbohydrates and fats.
Now the current thinking is more Omega 3 and healthy animal fats with no Omega 6 type fats (vegetable oils) or simple carbs. Keto type diet.
Calatrava r is online now   Reply With Quote