Watch: Various
Not for us peasants
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 05:44 AM   #32
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR201 View Post
Has it gotten easier to get pieces from ADs these days? What are perceptions/experiences?

No
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 05:51 AM   #33
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, CHNR, SUB
Not even close up here
Cigars&Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 05:53 AM   #34
JWillard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seddyspaghetti View Post
Yes “it’s happening”
Oh my wait for it
JWillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 06:05 AM   #35
Polarexplorerii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570,BLNR,116610
Nope.. 2yrs and I am still waiting for a Batman.
Polarexplorerii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 06:11 AM   #36
amh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWillard View Post
Oh my wait for it
Yup, he typed the forbidden words.

Old 25 June 2022, 07:10 AM   #37
CarlOver
"TRF" Member

To OP. This is such a difficult question answer. When did you get in touch with the SA at the AD? Early 2021 will likely result in different outcome then spring 2022 since there have thousands of new interested parties. How many dealers have you contacted? How is demand in your region? What models are you after?

I would say that supply is trickling through. Maybe flippers have been weeded out. Maybe AD are imposing 2 watch per person limit.

Be patient. Some of us waited over a year for first watch from AD. MSRP! Best to you!
CarlOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 07:14 AM   #38
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littletommy View Post
I just walk in and tell the SA what I need & I walk out with a new watch. It's just like going grocery shopping.
Only one? When I walk in and tell the SA what I want I not only walk out with that new watch, but they give me a FREE Rolex as well; buy one get one free.

I thought that happened all the time?
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 07:16 AM   #39
pepemaui
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bin31z View Post
yeah you should have seen the smug attitude I was getting from my AD during covid...

I believe you, no doubt. Its still out there....
Old 25 June 2022, 07:18 AM   #40
DonRickles
Banned

Watch: Your mouth
Name one thing, that’s gotten easier?
DonRickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 07:20 AM   #41
JWillard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRickles View Post
Name one thing, that’s gotten easier?
Debt
JWillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 07:38 AM   #42
apinault
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bin31z View Post
I mean I'm starting to see watches being sold on dealer networks for under retail, mostly two tone and PM pieces. If that continues, at the very least, the higher end stuff will end up at showrooms instead of being sold out the back door.
Hi! Where are you starting to see them sold under retail, I’d be interested in those :) thanks!
apinault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 07:40 AM   #43
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Only one? When I walk in and tell the SA what I want I not only walk out with that new watch, but they give me a FREE Rolex as well; buy one get one free.

Unfortunately I’m not considered a “friend of the brand” so I just get the buy one get one 50% off. I do have a coupon that’s going to get me another 25% off on my next purchase so I’m not complaining
omar-rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 07:45 AM   #44
Turbo Racer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Was on rodeo drive a week,or two ago. Ap wouldn’t let me in. Gave me a card and told me to make an appointment online. Vc told me no vco for 1-2 years, the the oily haired man with the poor fitting suit revised the wait time to 5-10 years. Rolex had nothing for sale and I didn’t ask for anything, feeling it was futile. Patek was nicest, possibly because I was wearing a platinum dress watch, and offered me a pocket watch! No wrist watches for sale. By this time I’d had so much rejection in such a concentrated time I didn’t have the heart to have a conversation.

That said my primary ad has offered me to dj in the last month. One I wanted and the other I passed on.
Turbo Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 07:58 AM   #45
j-watch
"TRF" Member

Watch: HULK, BLRO, 16523
Nope! I have a relationship with three AD's. Two of which I have over 10 watch purchases, plus jewelry over the course of 20 years. Said thing is, they won't even return my emails anymore. I swung into a third AD in my area just this past week. I purchased a Deepsea from them back in the 2000's shortly after the first gen was released. I asked if I could sneak on their list for a SS Sub Date, and was told "sure". They took my info and even referenced I was still listed in their system. The bad news is, the estimated my wait to be well over two years. She guessed, "perhaps three". Uhgggg!

FWIW, I reached out to both my "reg". AD's within days of the SS Sub update announcement in 2020. Was told, sure I'll put you down.............crickets after that, even when I call or email.
j-watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 08:12 AM   #46
amh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-watch View Post
Nope! I have a relationship with three AD's. Two of which I have over 10 watch purchases, plus jewelry over the course of 20 years. Said thing is, they won't even return my emails anymore. I swung into a third AD in my area just this past week. I purchased a Deepsea from them back in the 2000's shortly after the first gen was released. I asked if I could sneak on their list for a SS Sub Date, and was told "sure". They took my info and even referenced I was still listed in their system. The bad news is, the estimated my wait to be well over two years. She guessed, "perhaps three". Uhgggg!

FWIW, I reached out to both my "reg". AD's within days of the SS Sub update announcement in 2020. Was told, sure I'll put you down.............crickets after that, even when I call or email.
Hey... welcome to the "chopped liver" club!
Old 25 June 2022, 08:23 AM   #47
Santiago32
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO-LV-EXP1-BB58
I honestly don't think it'll get easy until market prices go way down... close to MSRP levels...
Old 25 June 2022, 08:27 AM   #48
Gmt+10
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
It's still pretty much empty at my Rolex boutique. I was expecting at least a half case by now.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
Gmt+10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 08:27 AM   #49
SLWoodster
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
This is pretty much the treatment I get now.

They call me a preferred client and by my name or last name but really... it don't mean nothing.

Watches are not going to trickle back in for at least a year. There are YEARS of pent up demand. Cut the demand by 80% and you still have all watches sold LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-watch View Post

SLWoodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 08:40 AM   #50
pepemaui
"TRF" Member

It was a slow climb to the top and it will be equally slow back down. It took 2+ years to get here, we cannot expect low/normal pricing after 6-7 weeks.

I am actually amazed at the speed of Grey price drops when compared to the way up!!

Old 25 June 2022, 08:48 AM   #51
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Hate sayin' this Paul, you got ripped. Mayors also include a free glass of champagne.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 09:15 AM   #52
DoctorsOrders
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littletommy View Post
I just walk in and tell the SA what I need & I walk out with a new watch. It's just like going grocery shopping.
DoctorsOrders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 09:45 AM   #53
Ensign
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeatable View Post
Yea I think this is a huge variable. I am in Southern California and its still hard to get anything here.
I’m in LA. Certainly depends who you are. An in-law of mine is a VVIP and he gets offered five or so watches every month from one of our largest local ADs. He’s turning them all down. In fact he has a lot of his collection up for sale. He’s keeping a few heavy hitters, but he’s trying to cut his losses asap, before the “storm” hits. He could easily afford to keep buying like it’s 2021, but he doesn’t want to be a bag holder.

I’m sure he’s not alone. I think this will translate to watches in the cases again in a few months.
Ensign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 10:02 AM   #54
pacmanw2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 124270
Went to the AD last week and they had a BLNR, white-gold Daytona, Skydweller, and some Datejust's on display (Exhibition only).

I asked the SA if the demand was still high and they said that it was, but that some customers had recently become "hesitant".

I'm on the waitlist for an Explorer 124270 and was told they only get them every few months, compared to submariners which they apparently get every month.
So we'll see how it goes these next couple of months.
pacmanw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 10:34 AM   #55
Santiago32
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO-LV-EXP1-BB58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
I’m in LA. Certainly depends who you are. An in-law of mine is a VVIP and he gets offered five or so watches every month from one of our largest local ADs. He’s turning them all down. In fact he has a lot of his collection up for sale. He’s keeping a few heavy hitters, but he’s trying to cut his losses asap, before the “storm” hits. He could easily afford to keep buying like it’s 2021, but he doesn’t want to be a bag holder.

I’m sure he’s not alone. I think this will translate to watches in the cases again in a few months.
Man, I'm here waiting years for an Yellow Gold Oysterflex Daytona in LA.
Old 25 June 2022, 12:13 PM   #56
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar-rye View Post
Unfortunately I’m not considered a “friend of the brand” so I just get the buy one get one 50% off. I do have a coupon that’s going to get me another 25% off on my next purchase so I’m not complaining
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Hate sayin' this Paul, you got ripped. Mayors also include a free glass of champagne.
I forgot to mention, that women dressed as Angels drop rose-petals in front of my feet as I enter the store so they never actually touch the ground. Also, I am treated to a manicure, pedicure and full-body massage, with aromatherapy as they are filling out the paperwork. More then once, the SA has “accidentally” dropped a third Rolex in the bag as I am leaving, winking as they do it.

Doesn’t everyone else get this treatment?
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 09:04 PM   #57
IR201
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
I'm afraid not my friend lol. Long time no see. Hope everything is great.
Lol I can see that now! Responses here align with my recent experiences. Well, except the fantasy ones! I've been a bit quiet as I've reached semi peace with what I've got - imagine!? But I've been eyeing a couple things lately. Hope all is well with you too!
IR201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 09:05 PM   #58
IR201
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys for the responses!!
Old 25 June 2022, 09:05 PM   #59
IR201
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I forgot to mention, that women dressed as Angels drop rose-petals in front of my feet as I enter the store so they never actually touch the ground. Also, I am treated to a manicure, pedicure and full-body massage, with aromatherapy as they are filling out the paperwork. More then once, the SA has “accidentally” dropped a third Rolex in the bag as I am leaving, winking as they do it.

Doesn’t everyone else get this treatment?
Old 25 June 2022, 09:28 PM   #60
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Not for me. No change.