The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 June 2022, 09:31 PM   #61
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
I forgot to mention, that women dressed as Angels drop rose-petals in front of my feet as I enter the store so they never actually touch the ground. Also, I am treated to a manicure, pedicure and full-body massage, with aromatherapy as they are filling out the paperwork. More then once, the SA has “accidentally” dropped a third Rolex in the bag as I am leaving, winking as they do it.

Doesn’t everyone else get this treatment?
No Paul, we don't. And if you had any compassion, you would not remind us.
Old 25 June 2022, 09:50 PM   #62
taitun4life
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyL147 View Post
BLRO 2 weeks ago after expressing interest in Sept 21.
Same here….same timeline for same watch in Houston TX

Get what you love and wear ‘em…..
taitun4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 10:09 PM   #63
GADGET-MAN
2024 Pledge Member

Talk to AD this week. My wife and I have purchased 7 Rolex watches and some diamond jewelry from them. I have been on the list for over 2 years for a white face Daytona. The AD said he had over 1700 folks on lists. Unfortunately I am like 20 some back on the Daytona list. About 8 months ago I did score a Pepsi on Oyster. He did say that they are getting more watches this year than last.

M
GADGET-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 10:38 PM   #64
Bigsoftee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Meteorite DD40
I have used the same local AD for the last couple of years. I expressed an interest in a SD with blue face a couple of weeks ago, I pick it up next month when back in UK, along with a DD I requested for an upcoming birthday. What I like about these guys is there are no games being played. I have a few more on my list, and will patiently wait. Over the two years I have dealt with them they delivered in a efficient and professional manner, and they really have delivered some amazing pieces for me.
Bigsoftee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 12:27 AM   #65
PO 2500D
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43TT & DJII blue
With the grey market stalled, some of that demand will switch to ADs making it harder short term + the cohort that suddenly think they will be available at the ADs for some reason will all add to an increase in enquires.

I really don't know why people think these watches are going to be freely available in a matter of months.

This will take years to unwind. Years.
PO 2500D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 01:05 AM   #66
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by PO 2500D View Post
With the grey market stalled, some of that demand will switch to ADs making it harder short term + the cohort that suddenly think they will be available at the ADs for some reason will all add to an increase in enquires.

I really don't know why people think these watches are going to be freely available in a matter of months.

This will take years to unwind. Years.
Agree.
Old 26 June 2022, 01:37 AM   #67
Vince M.
Banned

Watch: Meteorite
A friend of mine who is also a sales associate for Rolex said more people are passing than they thought there would be with the recent economic down turn. They ((AD)) are not very happy, was his exact words.

He told me last year they were leveraging jewelry hard in exchange for Rolex and often would offer a watch the client really didn't want even though they had exactly what they wanted in the back. Customers would still buy what was offered. I remember thinking how funny and sad it all was after he told me.
Vince M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 01:45 AM   #68
doboy007
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/LVc/SkyD/ND41
Not really. Still waiting for a call on the VTNR, White Daytona, White Gold Daytona on OF, and Pepsi. Haha.
doboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 02:47 AM   #69
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince M. View Post
A friend of mine who is also a sales associate for Rolex said more people are passing than they thought there would be with the recent economic down turn. They ((AD)) are not very happy, was his exact words.

He told me last year they were leveraging jewelry hard in exchange for Rolex and often would offer a watch the client really didn't want even though they had exactly what they wanted in the back. Customers would still buy what was offered. I remember thinking how funny and sad it all was after he told me.
You waited four years to post that valuable information! Ugh.
(Thinking of all the Omegas and other stuff I bought)

j/k
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 03:43 AM   #70
Michael T
2024 Pledge Member

The economic downturn, negative wealth effects, production at Rolex recovering and holding losses at the Greys have to have a decreasing effect on wait times. Too many fundamentals in the same direction.

I was referred to an AD by one of their VIP’s in December and told outright I needed a big jewelry spend. I was totally put off, less the business concept but the arrogance.

This week I went to a high volume Rolex only boutique. They had about 20 plus exhibition watches. I was the only one in the store and had a very favorable conversation with the SA. She wanted to know what I had, perked up when I showed her a picture of my green dial YG GMT and that I still owned it 11 years later. They gave me one of the hard bound catalogs and put me on the list for a slate dial 126622. We will see how long the wait is.
Michael T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 04:20 AM   #71
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

Actually it’s already written in history. Want to see Subs and Gmts in ADs? It only happens if greys are selling below MSRP. It’s really simple as this and no need for us to speculate. And during such times, collectors and watch lovers will buy regardless.
Mathematoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 04:40 AM   #72
Santiago32
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO-LV-EXP1-BB58
Has it gotten any easier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSolution View Post
I think the price difference of what you can buy it for retail versus secondary is the easiest indicator.

This. Once the gap shrinks closer to msrp levels it will get a lot easier.
Old 26 June 2022, 04:48 AM   #73
Mr Biggles
"TRF" Member

Watch: JLC Reverso 1948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago32 View Post
This. Once the gap shrinks closer to msrp levels it will get a lot easier.
Basically this. If you're grey starts asking around MSRP prices you should see them in the AD windows
Some models will probably be always above MSRP like the pepsi, sub LV and Daytona. But margins for grey's will vaporize and a good part of them will vanish
Mr Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 04:49 AM   #74
Wine4Golf
"TRF" Member

I think things maybe easing ever so slightly. In the past 8 months I've purchased a white gold OF Daytona & a two tone 36mm DJ for the lady. Both were shockers as I walked in & was told the AD had nothing but after a short convo was able to purchase.
Wine4Golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 04:50 AM   #75
jaySL350
"TRF" Member

Watch: BBG,Hulk,16013,DJB
Nope ,,,,awaiting Chnr,,,
At the time ,,
SA and I agreed it’s wasn’t a hard watch to source and I had previous spends and I should receive it by Xmas then a few months later the watch become “ hot “ but I will be patient,, ,
jaySL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 05:38 AM   #76
solarpower44
"TRF" Member

Watch: ExpII,DJ,SubC
When to my AD today and chatted for a while. He said things are slowly getting better and he had 2 lady's DJs in the case for sale.
solarpower44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 06:28 AM   #77
whiskyrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower44 View Post
When to my AD today and chatted for a while. He said things are slowly getting better and he had 2 lady's DJs in the case for sale.
That's a 100% increase an inventory! It's happening...
whiskyrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 06:46 AM   #78
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower44 View Post
Did you buy them to Flip? (build that "relationship")
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 06:50 AM   #79
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Only one? When I walk in and tell the SA what I want I not only walk out with that new watch, but they give me a FREE Rolex as well; buy one get one free.

I thought that happened all the time?
Quote:
I forgot to mention, that women dressed as Angels drop rose-petals in front of my feet as I enter the store so they never actually touch the ground. Also, I am treated to a manicure, pedicure and full-body massage, with aromatherapy as they are filling out the paperwork. More then once, the SA has “accidentally” dropped a third Rolex in the bag as I am leaving, winking as they do it.

Doesn’t everyone else get this treatment?

Let me also add, that rarely to I actually have to GO to the AD to get whatever Rolex I want, usually with a 30-40% discount off MSRP. You see, they actually come to my home. World-class violinists play melodies outside my window as my SA gently knocks at my front door, bowing and holding a pillow in her outstretched hands. Immediately when I open the door six or seven young ladies dressed as cherubs enter my house, clean even nook and cranny while singing pleasant tunes. I am ushered to my lazy-boy where I am massaged, sponge-bathed, and presented with the pillow my SA was holding. In it, is not only the watch that I am buying, but at least one other random model free of charge. The paper work is completed, any adjustments necessary made to the bracelet, and my wrist is moistened with virgin olive oil before the watch is placed on my wrist. One of the Cherubs brushes and flosses my teeth as another applies softened flower pedals all over my body. When everything is finished, they all back out of my house, bowing towards me with their hands clasped together as if in prayer…

Doesn’t everyone get this kind of treatment from their AD?
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 06:52 AM   #80
buhdeh
"TRF" Member

Not here. All I see is still Datejusts and a Lady Datejusts. Usually two tone and diamonds. Once in a while SS.
buhdeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 07:12 AM   #81
PhilH930
"TRF" Member

I have no way to really tell, but heres my experience. Purchased my first AD Rolex 126610LN in May 2021 - that was about a 4 month wait. I was also on the list for a BLNR and Panda - collected the BLNR today, June 2022, following a nice text this morning. Honestly I don't hold a lot of hope for the Daytona and know that's probably recession proof at ADs, but time will tell!
PhilH930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 07:15 AM   #82
Locust
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
People are still in denial about the coming pain. Credit Debt is going through the roof because people got used to a certain standard of living and aren’t changing habits yet. It’ll be fall I think before the show drops.
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 07:46 AM   #83
Frog7151
"TRF" Member

Watch: Looking
Nope
Frog7151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 08:01 AM   #84
solarpower44
"TRF" Member

Watch: ExpII,DJ,SubC
Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
Did you buy them to Flip? (build that "relationship")
I am a buyer never sold a watch. Told him I don’t look good in lady’s watch. Still waiting for my Daytona
solarpower44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 08:18 AM   #85
SubMillennial
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 41 Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSolution View Post
I think the price difference of what you can buy it for retail versus secondary is the easiest indicator.
Even the price difference of what you can buy it for retail versus what you can sell to a secondary market dealer is important. It would eliminate the flipper part of the demand market, which is substantial, even if the end user demand remained while the Grey sell price was still higher than MSRP
SubMillennial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 01:57 PM   #86
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locust View Post
People are still in denial about the coming pain. Credit Debt is going through the roof because people got used to a certain standard of living and aren’t changing habits yet. It’ll be fall I think before the show drops.
Yep.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 03:22 PM   #87
Paka
Banned

Watch: IWC Big Pilot 5002
I think it's happening... But it will take 3 years until we see SS sports models in stores.
Paka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 04:29 PM   #88
DoubleATB
Banned

Watch: Panda
Yes “it’s happening”
DoubleATB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 06:43 PM   #89
Divingdeep87
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I think it's happening... But it will take 3 years until we see SS sports models in stores.
My AD said the same.
Divingdeep87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2022, 02:36 AM   #90
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littletommy View Post
I just walk in and tell the SA what I need & I walk out with a new watch. It's just like going grocery shopping.
We literally had this experience a week ago. Not one but two watches purchased.
Freaking awesome.
2loaded is online now   Reply With Quote