The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 22 April 2021, 10:58 AM   #31
Justindo
"TRF" Member

I think all of the Breitling Premier Heritages look great and are definitely among the best looking releases of any brand this year. The regular 40mm x 13mm chronograph would be my choice and I actually like the pistachio dial but I'd definitely be a buyer if the steel version was released in the copper dial. However, the 42mm x 15.3mm cases as well as the movements of the Duograph and Datora give me pause. (These cases are a bit large and thick for my taste and the Duograph is a modular movement with no second column wheel and the Datora is not based on the B01. Still, considering these would be six figure watches from a top tier brand, albeit with engineering and movement finishing to match, these are great buys if one wants these complications but can't afford or doesn't want to spend that much.) I will say that if I were looking for something like the Datora, I'd probably go for the JLC Master Calendar chronograph for a little more money.
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2021, 11:16 AM   #32
pescoba
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Just posted on the datora would never buy new but as soon as one pops up for a good deal used definitely buying one with the salmon dial
pescoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2021, 11:23 AM   #33
pescoba
"TRF" Member

Also would anyone here have any insight on how reliable or consistent a perpetual calendar from breitling is or can be ? I have had an IWC perpetual calendar that never missed a beat can I expect the same here ?

considering I paid the iwc 38k and the datora costs 13..
Old 24 April 2021, 10:55 PM   #34
56scooter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pescoba View Post
Also would anyone here have any insight on how reliable or consistent a perpetual calendar from breitling is or can be ? I have had an IWC perpetual calendar that never missed a beat can I expect the same here ?

considering I paid the iwc 38k and the datora costs 13..
The Datora will be made with Breitling's in house B25 Movement, as such it will be COSC certified. As far as accuracy I don't think you will have any worries, if you do, it comes with a five year warranty and you can add another 3 years for $375. Not a bad deal considering a service on a Breitling B01 movement is approximately $750.
56scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2021, 05:09 AM   #35
pescoba
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56scooter View Post
The Datora will be made with Breitling's in house B25 Movement, as such it will be COSC certified. As far as accuracy I don't think you will have any worries, if you do, it comes with a five year warranty and you can add another 3 years for $375. Not a bad deal considering a service on a Breitling B01 movement is approximately $750.
I was under the impression they are out sourcing the movement for the datora but adding their own ideas to have it at their "standards"
Old 25 April 2021, 09:18 AM   #36
56scooter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was under the impression they are out sourcing the movement for the datora but adding their own ideas to have it at their "standards"
I was not aware of this, but you are absolutely right. I found this info courtesy of WatchFred on another website:

The Manufacture Caliber B25 is based on a Concepto caliber. Concepto is a "manufacture de mouvements mécaniques d'exception", it isn’t “in-house” Breitling.

Breitling decided to develop the caliber with Concepto, relying on their strong watch-manufacturing knowledge. Breitling & Concepto jointly enhanced the base caliber with specific Breitling requirements. One of the major enhancements was made on the calendar drive mechanism to ensure a "saut de calendrier" (calendar break/change), making it more accurate and reliable. This lengthy modification & homologation process lasted 1,5 years in total.
Breitling will be the first Brand to use this upgraded Concepto caliber on the watch-market.
Specific to Breitling, the concepto caliber has :
• rigorous testing & homologation as a "manufacture" caliber (hence 5-year warranty),
• specific lubrification points,
• specific caliber "decorations",
• specific oscillating weight (different from standard oscillating weights previously seen at Breitling).

hope this helps (I have no explanation why R&D decided to call this the B25, agree it may be confused w/ the 25B, but shouldn’t be a huge issue)?

Hope this helps!
56scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2021, 12:06 PM   #37
pescoba
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56scooter View Post
I was not aware of this, but you are absolutely right. I found this info courtesy of WatchFred on another website:

The Manufacture Caliber B25 is based on a Concepto caliber. Concepto is a "manufacture de mouvements mécaniques d'exception", it isn’t “in-house” Breitling.

Breitling decided to develop the caliber with Concepto, relying on their strong watch-manufacturing knowledge. Breitling & Concepto jointly enhanced the base caliber with specific Breitling requirements. One of the major enhancements was made on the calendar drive mechanism to ensure a "saut de calendrier" (calendar break/change), making it more accurate and reliable. This lengthy modification & homologation process lasted 1,5 years in total.
Breitling will be the first Brand to use this upgraded Concepto caliber on the watch-market.
Specific to Breitling, the concepto caliber has :
• rigorous testing & homologation as a "manufacture" caliber (hence 5-year warranty),
• specific lubrification points,
• specific caliber "decorations",
• specific oscillating weight (different from standard oscillating weights previously seen at Breitling).

hope this helps (I have no explanation why R&D decided to call this the B25, agree it may be confused w/ the 25B, but shouldn’t be a huge issue)?

Hope this helps!
It does I am just not finding any info in regards to if it is a perpetual calendar or rather an annual calendar - perpetual not needing any adjustments for a significant amount of years.
Old 26 April 2021, 12:02 AM   #38
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
It does I am just not finding any info in regards to if it is a perpetual calendar or rather an annual calendar - perpetual not needing any adjustments for a significant amount of years.
My understanding was that it was a triple or complete calendar. I assume it needs to be adjusted for all months not having 31 days. I may be wrong.
Old 26 April 2021, 12:34 AM   #39
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
My understanding was that it was a triple or complete calendar. I assume it needs to be adjusted for all months not having 31 days. I may be wrong.
Correct complete calendar.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2021, 06:34 AM   #40
mikelem
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguez Rolley View Post
I love Breitling but.... I will never buy one ever again they have no value what’s so ever that’s my opinion. Owned a Navitimer 46mm and a special edition Trans Ocean 43mm blue/blue 70/1000. I’ll just stick to Rolex.
What do you mean by "they have no value"?
mikelem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2021, 01:31 PM   #41
boogiebot
"TRF" Member

Watch: me post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriguez Rolley View Post
I love Breitling but.... I will never buy one ever again they have no value what’s so ever that’s my opinion. Owned a Navitimer 46mm and a special edition Trans Ocean 43mm blue/blue 70/1000. I’ll just stick to Rolex.

It’s true that they don’t hold their value. But if you were smart you should have been able to do two things:

1) buy out of state and you would have saved on the sales Tax

2) you should have been able to get a pretty decent discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boogiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2021, 05:35 PM   #42
tna23
"TRF" Member

I got to try on the 40mm chrono at my AD today. Great looking watch and proportions but unfortunately the green dial is not for me. The shade of green is too light and I'm not sure it will age well. I prefer to wait for other colour choices and go with something that's more timeless.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
tna23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2021, 12:35 PM   #43
WatchLuxe
"TRF" Member

Blue dial duograph is great!
WatchLuxe is offline   Reply With Quote