The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 April 2021, 03:42 AM   #61
Das
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcjvr View Post
If polishing is so bad why does Rolex even offer it

On this road we are going down we are soon going to end up at “DON’T get your watch serviced”
This.
Das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 03:49 AM   #62
sutats
"TRF" Member

Icon7

Don't try to achieve even thickness on the lugs, the crown side lugs are designed fractionally slimmer.
Post Your Rolex/Tudor Watch Weight (PYRTWW)
sutats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 03:55 AM   #63
AF_Rob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub/Polar/OP/BB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonRain View Post
Since this experience I now only buy new through my AD. I no longer buy grey outside of the Rolex Network.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
I’m the opposite. I’ll most likely never buy through an AD again.

I have a good dealer that has treated me fair several times. Last few deals have been through them exclusively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AF_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 03:59 AM   #64
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Must See -- RSC Botch - Anti Polish Police -- The demise of my 116618LB

Quote:
It's subjective. The person to whom I sold my watch thought it was in absolutely immaculate condition, and loved it. I got top dollar for it, believe it or not. Many of you will look at this watch, including me, and think, wow it has been ruined. So there you go.

So you sold a watch to someone as “absolutely immaculate” and “for top dollar” because you were butthurt someone of the same nature got you the same way you got the new buyer?

Wouldn’t someone who truly thought the watch was damaged to a drastically unoriginal state list the watch for a much lower price than “top dollar”?

What makes you any better than the original seller that you would not let give you a full refund? Hypocritical much? People have been known to make mistakes, but it seems you still sought top dollar for a damaged timepiece. Seems as though you had to have someone else pay for your mistakes whatever way possible.

MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 04:12 AM   #65
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
So you sold a watch to someone as “absolutely immaculate” and “for top dollar” because you were butthurt someone of the same nature got you the same way you got the new buyer?

Wouldn’t someone who truly thought the watch was damaged to a drastically unoriginal state list the watch for a much lower price than “top dollar”?

What makes you any better than the original seller that you would not let give you a full refund? Hypocritical much? People have been known to make mistakes, but it seems you still sought top dollar for a damaged timepiece. Seems as though you had to have someone else pay for your mistakes whatever way possible.

Clearly, you seem like a very bitter person who lacks reading comprehension skills, and or chooses to create his own "facts."

JacksonRain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 04:13 AM   #66
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutats View Post
Don't try to achieve even thickness on the lugs, the crown side lugs are designed fractionally slimmer.
This is inaccurate. This does not apply to this particular six digit reference. Sorry. You are correct that the crown side lugs are slightly thinner on some references, including six digit references, such as the stainless steel daytona, but this does not apply to this example.

Old 12 April 2021, 04:20 AM   #67
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Clearly, you seem like a very bitter person who lacks reading comprehension skills, and or chooses to create his own "facts."

Lol bitter? And creating my own facts? I quoted your own words fella. Maybe you’re the one who lacks reading comprehension skills?

Old 12 April 2021, 04:57 AM   #68
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Lol bitter? And creating my own facts? I quoted your own words fella. Maybe you’re the one who lacks reading comprehension skills?

You are a troll. The watch was then worked on, twice, read the thread, and additional pictures. But still I don't like polished watches and the history with the seller left a bad taste so I never felt the same about it. I also said that I sold to a professional with two people who examined it, specifically commenting on the excellent condition of the watch, as it did greatly improve after the 2nd refinish. But again I personally do not like the look of non-factory, polished watches. I was not dishonest, and did not represent the condition of the watch, sweetie, that was only the seller who sold it to me...that Is the source of misrepresentations. Practice makes perfect. In the meantime, I added a touch of redundancy, in hopes that it will help you retain and grasp the information.

Good luck on the honing and improving your comprehension skills.

Enjoy your 16613. Stay safe and healthy

Old 12 April 2021, 05:16 AM   #69
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:

I completely agree. This whole post is 100 per cent contradiction. The buyer you sold this watch to without knowing may find out later down the line what has happened as he wasn’t knowledgeable on such things, as you were when you first bought this watch. You were offered a full refund but instead decided to sell it to a naive buyer in exactly the same circumstances you bought it in, because rather than just get a refund you wanted to make a profit, that’s the only reason I can see why you didn’t just take the refund from the dealer. Then you come here to bitch about it? Absolute joke.

I don’t know you personally OP but you seem like a very difficult person to get on with
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 05:17 AM   #70
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
You are a troll. Enjoy your 16613. Stay safe and healthy

Lol. I don’t believe a single post I’ve made would infer I am a “troll”. I call BS when I see it though, that’s why you’re defensive and calling others names. Defensive people are usually always the guilty ones. Your posts are quoted, you’ve not denied them, you obviously agree you said them and they’re true (you’ve not refuted or even answered any of my questions) therefore you’re clearly someone here crying wolf for the masses.

Enjoy your “higher” standards, while selling the same thing to others as something different. I hope you don’t pawn your poor buys off on some other unsuspecting soul again as the next time they may not have the same restraint you do at not “naming” the seller.

Old 12 April 2021, 05:28 AM   #71
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Lol. I don’t believe a single post I’ve made would infer I am a “troll”. I call BS when I see it though, that’s why you’re defensive and calling others names. Defensive people are usually always the guilty ones. Your posts are quoted, you’ve not denied them, you obviously agree you said them and they’re true (you’ve not refuted or even answered any of my questions) therefore you’re clearly someone here crying wolf for the masses.

Enjoy your “higher” standards, while selling the same thing to others as something different. I hope you don’t pawn your poor buys off on some other unsuspecting soul again as the next time they may not have the same restraint you do at not “naming” the seller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSolution View Post
I completely agree. This whole post is 100 per cent contradiction. The buyer you sold this watch to without knowing may find out later down the line what has happened as he wasn’t knowledgeable on such things, as you were when you first bought this watch. You were offered a full refund but instead decided to sell it to a naive buyer in exactly the same circumstances you bought it in, because rather than just get a refund you wanted to make a profit, that’s the only reason I can see why you didn’t just take the refund from the dealer. Then you come here to bitch about it? Absolute joke.

I don’t know you personally OP but you seem like a very difficult person to get on with
You both seem fairly upset, with a touch of envy. Also again, both challenged in not being able to fully read the entirety of the thread or comprehend same.

I hope things get better for you guys. Tough times. Stay well.

Old 12 April 2021, 05:30 AM   #72
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
You are a troll. The watch was then worked on, twice, read the thread, and additional pictures. But still I don't like polished watches and the history with the seller left a bad taste so I never felt the same about it. I also said that I sold to a professional with two people who examined it, specifically commenting on the excellent condition of the watch, as it did greatly improve after the 2nd refinish. But again I personally do not like the look of non-factory, polished watches. I was not dishonest, and did not represent the condition of the watch, sweetie, that was only the seller who sold it to me...that Is the source of misrepresentations. Practice makes perfect. In the meantime, I added a touch of redundancy, in hopes that it will help you retain and grasp the information.

Good luck on the honing and improving your comprehension skills.

Enjoy your 16613. Stay safe and healthy

Nice edit.

Old 12 April 2021, 05:32 AM   #73
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
You both seem fairly upset, with a touch of envy. Also again, both challenged in not being able to fully read the entirety of the thread or comprehend same.

I hope things get better for you guys. Tough times. Stay well.

I will admit I didn’t read the entirety of the thread, I decided to stop caring about your BS after the first post I quoted. If I’m wrong quote your posts justifying such and I will concede and apologize. If not, kick rocks.

Old 12 April 2021, 05:33 AM   #74
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nice edit.

Thanks. Love you

Old 12 April 2021, 05:40 AM   #75
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I will admit I didn’t read the entirety of the thread, I decided to stop caring about your BS after the first post I quoted. If I’m wrong quote your posts justifying such and I will concede and apologize. If not, kick rocks.

No need for an apology. I can't feed you anymore. Enjoy your day!

Old 12 April 2021, 05:44 AM   #76
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks. Love you

So, buttercup. Thanks for the kiss, I’d like it but your lips are too puffy for me. I read more of your thread and realize you cried wolf for 27 posts without even expressing that RSC corrected your issue. I will say I apologize for saying you sold a watch that was not how it was. However, I am still thinking how great it could have been after the LAST polish from RSC that a “professional buyer” said all those great things about it and paid you “full price”. Seems professionals in this market don’t pay top dollar for PM pieces that aren’t vintage. Either you’re nit picking, hating on RSC (which I notice you’ve had problems with them scratching your watch as well as not polishing your watch correctly) or you’re crying wolf and just want attention. Congrats honey, I fell for it.

Old 12 April 2021, 05:58 AM   #77
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona

Quote:
Thanks guys. Since this experience I now only buy new through my AD. I no longer buy grey outside of the Rolex Network.

I know of a platinum DD40 that was dropped and repaired at the AD and sold as new. I agree it is safer but knowing your eye for brush strokes (and mine as well) I still bring a

I wanted to add that a dim flashlight used to illuminate the brushing from the side (beam is perpendicular to brushing) is what I've found most effective at spotting rebrush.

Old 12 April 2021, 06:02 AM   #78
mafoofan
"TRF" Member

OP, what will you do one day if your Rolex gets more severely damaged? Throw it out? At a certain point, we need to accept that repairs and re-finishing are an inevitable part of every watch’s life.
mafoofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 07:11 AM   #79
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So, buttercup. Thanks for the kiss, I’d like it but your lips are too puffy for me. I read more of your thread and realize you cried wolf for 27 posts without even expressing that RSC corrected your issue. I will say I apologize for saying you sold a watch that was not how it was. However, I am still thinking how great it could have been after the LAST polish from RSC that a “professional buyer” said all those great things about it and paid you “full price”. Seems professionals in this market don’t pay top dollar for PM pieces that aren’t vintage. Either you’re nit picking, hating on RSC (which I notice you’ve had problems with them scratching your watch as well as not polishing your watch correctly) or you’re crying wolf and just want attention. Congrats honey, I fell for it.

Shhhh, please settle down, my love. And thank you for reading a bit further.

DSW has had one on his website for literally 5 weeks at 34,500, and other trusted sellers at 36k for literally 7 months. It's moving somewhat slow. Still, the market for PM has gotten stronger!! Go check the price of the 19LB pre-owned above 40k and new for several thousands more. The new iteration is over 50K, but MSRP is under 40.

ADs have not been able to put in orders for Rolex PM sport models for approximately 5 months. Prior to approximately 5 months ago, authorized Jewelers were able to place those pieces on order and get them within approximately 4 to 6 weeks. That has changed. Also, the 126618 has been slow to ship. Driving the discontinued model up. Everything is up. The new 41mm reference number with the new caliber is selling for approximately 43k, which is several thousand above retail.

Wholsale B to B is about 32 and change through 33. Offers to public are at 30 to 32k.

I'm going to take you out to dinner and show you a good time with that cash money cream. Xo.

Old 12 April 2021, 07:12 AM   #80
AF_Rob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub/Polar/OP/BB
Quote:

Lots of love here! You guys need to have dinner!

In all seriousness, this thread has gone downhill.

Reading through and catching up, I can’t tell (may have missed it) if the OP disclosed the extensive history of the piece to the buyer. I’m assuming so, considering what he went through. He’s getting a beating for for giving the appearance of not doing so.

AF_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 07:15 AM   #81
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF_Rob View Post
Lots of love here! You guys need to have dinner!

In all seriousness, this thread has gone downhill.

Reading through and catching up, I can’t tell (may have missed it) if the OP disclosed the extensive history of the piece to the buyer. I’m assuming so, considering what he went through. He’s getting a beating for for giving the appearance of not doing so.

Omg!!! Please see above, I offered to take him out!

Old 12 April 2021, 07:20 AM   #82
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Whenever you’re ready PM me big girl. Get your lips fixed first though, I can’t be seen with ladies that have had “too much polishing”.

Old 12 April 2021, 07:29 AM   #83
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Whenever you’re ready PM me big girl. Get your lips fixed first though, I can’t be seen with ladies that have had “too much polishing”.

Lol. Love it! Stay safe, brother

Old 12 April 2021, 08:16 AM   #84
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

You too homie!!

Old 12 April 2021, 08:53 AM   #85
Yachtbuoy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1603
So when you say "you let it go", I assume you sold it? Did you disclose to the buyer about what you'd gone through?
Yachtbuoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 09:12 AM   #86
Brich436
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124270
I feel your pain. I scratched the piss out of my Sub C when it was 2 months old. Tried to buff it out myself (dumb, dumb, dumb) and made it worse. Took it to my AD who has a Rolex trained watch maker. They fixed for me and it looks great now. With that being said I can tell the bracelet is polished (doesn’t look as dull of a shine anymore) but it’s minor compared to how bad I butchered it. Moral of the story is stuff happens and sometimes you just have to move on.

I would recommend not polishing unless absolutely necessary and then only with the understanding that it will be cleaned up but NOT look like new.

124270 "R#" Explorer 1
79030B Black Bay 58
Brich436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 11:33 AM   #87
goodolejr
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
You too homie!!

I've been on TRF for a while, and this is the first I've ever seen a flame war conclude amicably. Maybe there is hope for humanity.
goodolejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 11:39 AM   #88
Lemonvr6
"TRF" Member

I’d be very curious to see a third party laser weld Rolex 18k gold onto a case
Old 12 April 2021, 01:18 PM   #89
Robert Bruce
Banned

Sounds like a first-world problem. But the watch was clearly ruined, you should have sent it to me for disposal.
Robert Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 09:39 PM   #90
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:

Tags
case refurbishment , polishing