The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 January 2021, 08:12 AM   #1
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Daytona Must See Update on Updates

So as you could recall back in February I was blessed with the opportunity to acquire the 116500LN white, but unfortunately upon sizing there was damage, and upon attempts to buff, there were attempts to polish which was actually done poorly then it was thrown in the ultrasonic damaging the movement, then it went to Rolex RSC Dallas, TWice, which resulted in damage to the bracelet on many links, damage to the midcase, damage to pushers to crown, damage to caseback and even a nick on the 10 o'clock lug. Most painful of all, it came back with dust and debris AND DAMAGE TO DIAL AND HANDS (the latter of which they replaced with new hands and dial and cleaned).

While the dial and hands were changed and rectified I was still left with a manhandled, molested, damaged watch, one which was away from me for about 9 months, opened up, parts replaced, damaged on day of purchase, somewhat dismissed, etc.

After pushing a bit and expressing how the experience was really bothering me, management agreed for a replacement of a brand new timepiece. I'm really pleased with them and thankful that they agreed to do the right thing.

The Con? honestly, I spent so much time stressing and with everything that has gone down, I'm a little traumatized so now I'm just going to keep this as a safe Queen. Somewhat unfortunate actually, but still a nice and happy ending.

Thanks everyone for their support and input during this journey.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
JacksonRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 08:15 AM   #2
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
All’s well that ends well ... now wear it and enjoy
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 08:40 AM   #3
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
All that to keep it in a safe? Oh well, nice pristine watch. Enjoy
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 08:42 AM   #4
blada4life
"TRF" Member

youre a savage. congrats man. i know how much it bothered you. a year later, and you can finally sleep soundly.
blada4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 08:56 AM   #5
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Surely you are aware that the watch is upside down?
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 09:02 AM   #6
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blada4life View Post
youre a savage. congrats man. i know how much it bothered you. a year later, and you can finally sleep soundly.
Thank you brother

Old 20 January 2021, 09:03 AM   #7
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
Yup...but had to take a pic or it didn't happen...

Old 20 January 2021, 09:06 AM   #8
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieselguhr View Post
All that to keep it in a safe? Oh well, nice pristine watch. Enjoy
Yes and I actually judge people who do that, but I guess I will make this an exception especially because of the background....I don't have to fully commit....I could always change my mind.

And honestly when people store flat 4s or other watches I don't even judge anymore , I understand. In fact, remember the guy who sent his Kermit to RSC and they polished against his will and it came back from Geneva with new midcase and new bezel and insert etc, he decided just to stick it in the bank...I guess you could say he inspired me....it's his fault.lol.

Old 20 January 2021, 09:06 AM   #9
Alliy
Banned

Oh wow! Nice picture, why is it in a box? lol
Alliy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 09:14 AM   #10
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post

I figured it was the internationally known sign of distress
Old 20 January 2021, 09:17 AM   #11
turkeysub93
"TRF" Member

Was this pic taken from the International Space Station?
turkeysub93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 09:19 AM   #12
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

It would be hard for me to go through all that just to keep something locked in a safe.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 09:21 AM   #13
polaris72
2024 Pledge Member

Ok...
polaris72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 09:25 AM   #14
SWS65SM
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rainbow....CasiOak
Certainly dont wish anyone else to go through this kind of experience, just glad to see there's a happy ending to the story. I'm quite particular about a lot of the things I buy/collect, have learned to ease up a bit over the years but this would've certainly bugged the hell out of me if not rectified by the store. Enjoy wearing (or just staring at) the new piece!
SWS65SM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 09:29 AM   #15
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeysub93 View Post
Was this pic taken from the International Space Station?
No, I was doing abdominal curls upside down from my feet

Old 20 January 2021, 09:31 AM   #16
JerBear
"TRF" Member

I'm glad it was sorted out for you though it would absolutely pain me not to wear my Daytona. I hope your comfort with wearing it improves with time
JerBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 09:31 AM   #17
Cambo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Grand Seiko
Wear it!!!!
Old 20 January 2021, 09:37 AM   #18
Largoshark
"TRF" Member

Sounds like a nightmare, glad you finally got it sorted out. My Daytona is currently with RSC Beverly Hills for warranty work, and your story has me nervous...
Largoshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 10:09 AM   #19
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largoshark View Post
Sounds like a nightmare, glad you finally got it sorted out. My Daytona is currently with RSC Beverly Hills for warranty work, and your story has me nervous...
I know many of the guys in New York, Dallas and BH. They are decent at BH. Ben is the master watchmaker. It is likely Ben who is handling your watch, either him or Joshua. Did you request they they not polish? If Ben and Josh are handling your watch you have nothing to be worry about. There are some nightmare stories that come out of RSCBH but it can happen anywhere. Don't stress and good luck!!!

Old 20 January 2021, 10:25 AM   #20
JodyHighroller
Banned

Glad you got this finally sorted! I’m sure it’s a huge relief.

When you say management, do you mean the AD or the RSC provided you with a replacement?
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 11:00 AM   #21
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
Glad you got this finally sorted! I’m sure it’s a huge relief.

When you say management, do you mean the AD or the RSC provided you with a replacement?
Thanks man...and thanks for all the comments during the course if this. Yup, the AD. No RSC would not do this...they have done it before but it would have to be much more serious circumstances.

Old 20 January 2021, 11:29 AM   #22
iTreelex
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear about your experience but safe queen? :(
iTreelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 11:52 AM   #23
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonRain View Post
...then it went to Rolex RSC Dallas, TWice, which resulted in damage to the bracelet on many links, damage to the midcase, damage to pushers to crown, damage to caseback and even a nick on the 10 o'clock lug. Most painful of all, it came back with dust and debris AND DAMAGE TO DIAL AND HANDS (the latter of which they replaced with new hands and dial and cleaned).
I feel like over time you'll feel more at ease and learn to enjoy wearing it.

But hang, back up... RSC in Dallas trashed the watch? I understand that wasn't the first snafu, but I see like 50 posts a day around here advocating beating the hell out of these watches because RSC makes them perfect all over again. But to think that RSC itself is a risky proposition totally blows that paradigm. I'm getting anxious just reading this, can't imagine how it made you feel. Do you have a thread going into more detail on what they did, and what they said about it after it was pointed out? I mean your description literally sounds like the worst case scenario if you had dropped it off at a mall watch kiosk. WTF
HiBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 12:07 PM   #24
Tensai
"TRF" Member

Watch: all the good ones
Congrats on getting that sorted out and the new watch.

Just curious, what is the game plan of the "safe queen"? Saving it for your kids? Saving it to sell?
Tensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 12:11 PM   #25
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBoost View Post
I feel like over time you'll feel more at ease and learn to enjoy wearing it.

But hang, back up... RSC in Dallas trashed the watch? I understand that wasn't the first snafu, but I see like 50 posts a day around here advocating beating the hell out of these watches because RSC makes them perfect all over again. But to think that RSC itself is a risky proposition totally blows that paradigm. I'm getting anxious just reading this, can't imagine how it made you feel. Do you have a thread going into more detail on what they did, and what they said about it after it was pointed out? I mean your description literally sounds like the worst case scenario if you had dropped it off at a mall watch kiosk. WTF
If you click my name you can see my post history...if you click on threads I created you will see me giving very very detailed accounts if what went down.

Are you asking if RSC commonly makes mistakes? I can tell you with personal experience and experience of friends and TRF members that mistakes occur way way too often in my estimation, and taking me out of the equation, I think given what we call the reasonable standard or reasonable expectation, again, things go south way too many times.

I think that people have a different barometer and different thresholds. A watch can be polished and the owner could be absolutely pleased with it, as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I can receive that same watch back and feel like the edges have been rounded off, that the person's hands were heavy, that the brush strokes are off, that the sides of the cases or sides of the bracelets have warped, etc etc.

But you are right, my experience was a nightmare, and it was bad from the get-go. My experience, one thing happening after another, is quite unlikely, it's pretty much a pretty crazy story and series of events. Maybe the negative energy from the outset attracted all of this crap to happen.

But I'll tell you one thing for sure, if I send a watch to RSC and I asked for it to not be polished, I will not be surprised if it were to come back with some extra dings and scratches, etc. In fact, sadly, I would actually be pleasantly surprised indeed if it did not come back with a few extra love marks. And that's just the truth, and it's the reality.

Obviously still an amazing product and there is a reason I remain obsessed. The heart wants what the heart wants, I guess.

Old 20 January 2021, 12:14 PM   #26
JacksonRain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensai View Post
Congrats on getting that sorted out and the new watch.

Just curious, what is the game plan of the "safe queen"? Saving it for your kids? Saving it to sell?
This watch will NEVER BE SOLD...because 12k doesn't make much of a difference in my life. It remains it attached to my son and the receipt has comments about him...me my wife and rest of my family call my son a panda bear. It's his...after I'm long gone or maybe I'll give it to him before I go under so I could enjoy watch in him enjoy. My Hulk is in his name too....daughter has the Pepsi and the 116618LB as her birth year

Old 20 January 2021, 12:16 PM   #27
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
You should wear it as a badge of honor for all that you went through!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20 January 2021, 01:12 PM   #28
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
So as you could recall back in February I was blessed with the opportunity to acquire the 116500LN white, but unfortunately upon sizing there was damage, and upon attempts to buff, there were attempts to polish which was actually done poorly then it was thrown in the ultrasonic damaging the movement, then it went to Rolex RSC Dallas, TWice, which resulted in damage to the bracelet on many links, damage to the midcase, damage to pushers to crown, damage to caseback and even a nick on the 10 o'clock lug. Most painful of all, it came back with dust and debris AND DAMAGE TO DIAL AND HANDS (the latter of which they replaced with new hands and dial and cleaned).

While the dial and hands were changed and rectified I was still left with a manhandled, molested, damaged watch, one which was away from me for about 9 months, opened up, parts replaced, damaged on day of purchase, somewhat dismissed, etc.

After pushing a bit and expressing how the experience was really bothering me, management agreed for a replacement of a brand new timepiece. I'm really pleased with them and thankful that they agreed to do the right thing.

The Con? honestly, I spent so much time stressing and with everything that has gone down, I'm a little traumatized so now I'm just going to keep this as a safe Queen. Somewhat unfortunate actually, but still a nice and happy ending.

Glad at the end turned out right; either wear it or sell it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.480.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 01:19 PM   #29
myc ritz
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Speedy, Rolex
Quote:

Upside down photo perfectly fitting for this story. Just a mess on all sides.
myc ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 01:37 PM   #30
Setarip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Congrats on getting it all sorted out. I do recall your original posts on this topic.

Understand why you’d want to just stick it in the safe, but wouldn’t it be more meaningful to your son to receive a watch his dad word regularly?

I’ve only had mine for 4 mos but it’s mostly my daily wear now. Very balanced watch on the wrist and very comfortable, durable etc

Glad it worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Setarip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
116500ln , customer service