The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 24 October 2018, 08:56 AM   #91
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiparks View Post
Try on in the boutique, but then reach out to greys for the purchase. Deprecition can be pretty savage....which is good news for people like me, I just picked up another one...

Didn't think I was a gold watch person, but the brushed finish on this won me over, it positively glows...

It does wear smaller than the specs would suggest, the case being ostensibly round with just the lugs poking out. It feels appreciably smaller than my Pam 351 and 177, and waaaayyy smaller than the AP Diver I used to own.

Which reference is that and does it come in SS as well ?
Gorgeous!!!
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2018, 01:55 PM   #92
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
yep, comes in polishes stainless with a black dial or in a lesser seen brushed stainless finish, with a gorgeous blue "flinque" dial, both either on a sailcloth strap or bracelet.
The chronograph is generally less popular than the 3 handed version and that makes it a bit of a bargain on the secondary market.
Old 24 October 2018, 08:51 PM   #93
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiparks View Post
yep, comes in polishes stainless with a black dial or in a lesser seen brushed stainless finish, with a gorgeous blue "flinque" dial, both either on a sailcloth strap or bracelet.
The chronograph is generally less popular than the 3 handed version and that makes it a bit of a bargain on the secondary market.
Not a fan of gold or diving chronos but this piece with the brushed gold and strap is beautiful. Rare to see a big gold sport watch remains classy. It looks perfect on your wrist. The 45 looks like a 42. Whats your wrist size?

As for the mil-spec. I also can confirm they are still available. I reached out to my AD (Europe) last month. They said they would have to check with Blancpain CH. 3 weeks later the mil-spec (ss bracelet version) arrived. Have not seen it yet, i still have to pick it up
Frits1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2018, 10:58 PM   #94
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

Does anyone know if the mil-spec on a bracelet comes with the sailcloth strap included?
Old 24 October 2018, 11:59 PM   #95
DoraTheExplorerII
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frits1980 View Post
Does anyone know if the mil-spec on a bracelet comes with the sailcloth strap included?
I don't think officially but they might throw one in for free at the boutique.
DoraTheExplorerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2018, 02:22 AM   #96
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
It does not however you can ask
Old 25 October 2018, 02:57 AM   #97
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoraTheExplorerII View Post
I don't think officially but they might throw one in for free at the boutique.
Likely your best bet.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2018, 06:03 AM   #98
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

I'll try to get a free strap. I have a bathyscape on that same sailcloth and love it. Retailprice for the mil-spec on bracelet was (converted) 17450USD. Which if i'm not mistaken is not far off grey pricing maybe even below. I see watchbox is listing one (used) on a strap for 18KUSD. So if anyone wants the mil-spec you might want to contact some Ad's before getting on chrono24 and pay above retail. They are still available in CH but the AD has to request it.
Old 25 October 2018, 07:24 AM   #99
ialienam
"TRF" Member

Yah I have asked my AD a new bracelet for my new mil spec, and she quoted me around usd $2000, wow $2k usd for a bracelet?!

Anyway, USD $18950 on Watchbox for a used mil spec is steep..

Try your AD first, but I think it also depends on your location. Here’s my experience

I live in Sydney, Australia and my local AD has a good relationship with Blancpain (I was invited to Blancpain dinner months ago and that’s how I got to know this brand more).
They were able to get me BOC3, but wasn’t able to offer a mil spec when I asked twice. (Australia around $12k USD)

So I tried Shanghai and Taiwan boutiques, Shanghai happened to have one but the price is around $14k USD after tax refund.

Taiwan boutiques - they didn’t have it, but I could get around USD$13k if available and they asked me to make a full payment which I did. They said it would increase the chance of getting it, but after a month, no luck. They can see stocks but no store would let it go.

That’s why I ended up going back to Shanghai

So my guess, if your AD doesn’t have it, they can request it, but very slim chance (I have tried my AD and a boutique with full payment made).

Or maybe exchange rate is a factor too? Aus and Taiwan retail is well below USD retail price, so that’s why they can’t get it? I don’t know, just my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ialienam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2018, 09:14 AM   #100
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialienam View Post
Yah I have asked my AD a new bracelet for my new mil spec, and she quoted me around usd $2000, wow $2k usd for a bracelet?!

Anyway, USD $18950 on Watchbox for a used mil spec is steep..

Try your AD first, but I think it also depends on your location. Here’s my experience

I live in Sydney, Australia and my local AD has a good relationship with Blancpain (I was invited to Blancpain dinner months ago and that’s how I got to know this brand more).
They were able to get me BOC3, but wasn’t able to offer a mil spec when I asked twice. (Australia around $12k USD)

So I tried Shanghai and Taiwan boutiques, Shanghai happened to have one but the price is around $14k USD after tax refund.

Taiwan boutiques - they didn’t have it, but I could get around USD$13k if available and they asked me to make a full payment which I did. They said it would increase the chance of getting it, but after a month, no luck. They can see stocks but no store would let it go.

That’s why I ended up going back to Shanghai

So my guess, if your AD doesn’t have it, they can request it, but very slim chance (I have tried my AD and a boutique with full payment made).

Or maybe exchange rate is a factor too? Aus and Taiwan retail is well below USD retail price, so that’s why they can’t get it? I don’t know, just my guess.

Actualy I assumed they were already sold out but it was this thread where someone told the NY boutique arranged a mil-spec recently. I just bought a watch from my ad (EU) and told them i've heard there is still mil-spec stock. They contacted Blancpain and 24H later they confirmed the watch is coming their way and will be delivered in 2/3 weeks. This week i received confirmation that the watch arrived and is available for pick up. No payment or down payment was required.

As for the bracelet, I believe the bracelet is close to 3K if bought seperate for he normal FF so 2K for the same bracelet for the mil-spec is not that bad i guess
Old 25 October 2018, 10:41 AM   #101
flumazenil
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tog TT GMT TT SD4K
Love It

Bought my FF Chrono from a respected seller. Has been a great watch. Even with smallish wrists, it wears well. I have recently sold the rest of my collection except for the ones pictured and my Apple watch 4!

I would never buy a Blancpain new cause of the horrible resale, but used is a different story.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Webblanc3.JPG (222.4 KB, 666 views)
flumazenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2018, 11:08 AM   #102
ialienam
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Actualy I assumed they were already sold out but it was this thread where someone told the NY boutique arranged a mil-spec recently. I just bought a watch from my ad (EU) and told them i've heard there is still mil-spec stock. They contacted Blancpain and 24H later they confirmed the watch is coming their way and will be delivered in 2/3 weeks. This week i received confirmation that the watch arrived and is available for pick up. No payment or down payment was required.

As for the bracelet, I believe the bracelet is close to 3K if bought seperate for he normal FF so 2K for the same bracelet for the mil-spec is not that bad i guess

Nice!
Haha sounds like we both ordered around the same time.. yah just strange my ad couldn’t get it at all!! In other threads I have seen, everyone is saying mil spec already sold out. Guess it’s just luck!

Cool I will seriously consider the bracelet once I pick up my mil spec. Thanks for the info!

Old 25 October 2018, 08:28 PM   #103
Frits1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nice!
Haha sounds like we both ordered around the same time.. yah just strange my ad couldn’t get it at all!! In other threads I have seen, everyone is saying mil spec already sold out. Guess it’s just luck!

Cool I will seriously consider the bracelet once I pick up my mil spec. Thanks for the info!

I explicitly asked for the bracelet version. Maybe they only have bracelet version stock left? Strap version is more populair so that could be it.
Old 26 October 2018, 04:36 AM   #104
Pops1973
Banned

Watch: 116713LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by flumazenil View Post
Bought my FF Chrono from a respected seller. Has been a great watch. Even with smallish wrists, it wears well. I have recently sold the rest of my collection except for the ones pictured and my Apple watch 4!

I would never buy a Blancpain new cause of the horrible resale, but used is a different story.

Wow the ff looks great next to the Rolex - I am looking at this as I can’t get a Rolex submariner. I agree about greys/resellers great price with them at the moment.

Pops1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2018, 04:39 PM   #105
ialienam
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I explicitly asked for the bracelet version. Maybe they only have bracelet version stock left? Strap version is more populair so that could be it.

Haha I told my AD about what happened on this thread and they went back to Blancpain, that they were saying once your region has reached the maximum allocation, then that’s it.

I guess local boutique might be able to check availability in other regions.

Old 7 December 2018, 05:31 PM   #106
ferdinand07
"TRF" Member

Got mine yesterday

I was in Singapore 3 months back for a conference, where I came across Blancpain boutique Marina Bay Sands, not knowing a lot about Blancpain then. Asked the assistant for small sized watches when he came back with two watches: MilSpec and OC3. Tried them both, love at first try :) I have small wrists, 15 cm, and have been very selective to find watches, nothing larger than 40 mm (116520 and Moser Cie venturer 39mm are the ones I own). Both MilSpec and OC3 fit perfectly on my wrist. When I was taken aback when he (assistant) told me the price. Not planning to spend SGD 19,500 that day, I walked out with wrist shots. I spent the whole day thinking, looking at the pics, and researching. Came back the next day to the boutique, still not wanting to justify the hefty price tag, I went back to Jakarta, Indonesia.

I kept researching further on MilSpec and found out the whole pedigree and how special this MilSpec is. Following week, I made a deposit. Told them I'd be back in 3 months. Yesterday, I collected the watch there, which seems to be the very last piece Blancpain boutique sold (the boutique assistant texted me today telling me this). Couldn't be happier. I love the semi-vintage timeless design that does not say "look at me Im wearing a fancy watch". It is small, but the just the good right size for a very understated, less pronounced piece of history, art, and engineering. Something I will keep forever and pass it down, for sure.

I ll post more photos soon (sorry these ones are rather spontaneous shots made at the airport). The box is amazing too :)

Overall, I had a very delightful experience with Blancpain. Very.

Good job BP, hope they come out with new 40mm FF in 2019.

Cheers,
Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg MilSpec 1.jpeg (63.5 KB, 544 views)
File Type: jpeg MilSpec 2.jpeg (65.1 KB, 541 views)
ferdinand07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2018, 07:17 AM   #107
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
Congratulations on managing to snag one of those, it's a beautiful piece !
Old 14 December 2018, 07:50 AM   #108
Perry8912
"TRF" Member

I love it
Perry8912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 08:54 AM   #109
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Congrats on picking one up. It's a fantastic watch, and I've been thoroughly enjoying mine.

Old 16 December 2018, 11:08 AM   #110
ialienam
"TRF" Member

Finally picked it up yesterday!

A very simple but yet stunning watch

Old 16 December 2018, 01:52 PM   #111
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Finally picked it up yesterday!

A very simple but yet stunning watch
Congrats! Persistence paid off

Old 16 December 2018, 03:17 PM   #112
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
I disagree with this based on trying the milspec at the boutique. On bracelet seems bigger than a sub to me. These pics aren't good but may give you an idea

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
looks great on you!

btw what’s the round logo (yellow/white) at 6 o’clock?

HAGWE
jenniferjanef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2018, 07:46 PM   #113
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferjanef View Post
looks great on you!

btw what’s the round logo (yellow/white) at 6 o’clock?

HAGWE

Quote below taken from this link: https://watch-insider.com/news/blanc...homs-mil-spec/

“Back in the late 50’s Blancpain made a mil-spec version of their Fifty Fathoms with a moisture indicator on the dial, the Mil-Spec 1.

Should there be any kind of leaking going on, the indicator on the dial will change colour so you will notice straight away.”
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2018, 09:32 PM   #114
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcheroo View Post
Quote below taken from this link: https://watch-insider.com/news/blanc...homs-mil-spec/

“Back in the late 50’s Blancpain made a mil-spec version of their Fifty Fathoms with a moisture indicator on the dial, the Mil-Spec 1.

Should there be any kind of leaking going on, the indicator on the dial will change colour so you will notice straight away.”
thank you for your educational feedback! HAGWE. cheers
jenniferjanef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 01:23 PM   #115
Oat Willy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M 116610LV
Anyone know how to get one of these dated? I brought my FF chrono to a Blancpain boutique to find out when it was made, so I would know approx when I need to have it serviced, and they said they have no way to know or find out. Which I found impossible to believe. I was getting the vibe they were giving me the brush off due to telling them I bought it used and it came with no dated warranty card.
Oat Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 06:09 PM   #116
PJ S
Banned

^
Contact the Swatchgroup SC in Weehawken, NJ, giving them the serial number.
If you’ve no joy there, try Switzerland directly.
Be warned though, many brands don’t keep meticulous records, and may not want to reveal production date as the owner could then tell if it sat unsold for quite some time.
Hopefully, Blancpain won’t be shy about coming forward with the relevant info.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2018, 08:30 AM   #117
astewartconst
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Redbulls View Post
The BP FF 5015-1130-52 is the only watch I haven't flipped compared to all my Rolexes. Based on your watches, I get the impression clean design/symmetry is important to you. You will love the FF. It was fantastic presence. A beautiful dial that doesn't get enough credit and hands that are beautiful and extremely easy to pickup (probably my favorite of any watch).

Buy a preowned version and you don't have to worry about resale. Not sure what others say about service. In the United States, you send it in directly to BP just like for Rolex. Why bother going through an AD??

I personally love the sailcloth strap. Super comfortable and very robust. The FF has actually opened the door for me to two other Blancpain models. The Lemans Chronograph as an inexpensive Daytona replacement and the Aqualung as a substitute to the PP Aquanaut. I know others will poo-poo my suggestions but for 1/3 to 1/4 the price you get watches that serve the same purpose, have great movements and I could argue are just as functional and aesthetically beautiful.

I just picked up a Leman Flyback Chrono and in my opinion it is a step above a Daytona. The dial has so much detail and the case is so nice.

Regarding a FF..I really like them wish they were smaller in diameter and thickness. If I was buying it would be used to avoid the depreciation of new

astewartconst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2018, 01:14 PM   #118
ialienam
"TRF" Member

A quick one, anyone knows how to change the strap for FF? I think it’s different To most watches out there?

And any good suggestion for mil spec? Just want to test it out

Old 27 December 2018, 04:43 AM   #119
ChrisInCharlotte
"TRF" Member

Quote:
A quick one, anyone knows how to change the strap for FF? I think it’s different To most watches out there?

There's a separate strap changing tool kit you can get from Blancpain.
ChrisInCharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2018, 05:10 AM   #120
Greenp
"TRF" Member

Quote:

You need 2 0.9mm hex keys.
Greenp is offline   Reply With Quote