The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

View Poll Results: Does your 32xx movement seem to be 100% ok?
Yes, no issues 1,008 70.44%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) but timekeeping is still fine 60 4.19%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) and timekeeping is off (>5 s/d) 363 25.37%
Voters: 1431. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 January 2021, 02:08 AM   #301
shipitfresh
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba View Post
I just put my watch on my wrist. If I think about it, every couple of weeks, I check it against my iPhone.

As for the rest of all this? IDGAF, there are many other issues that I'm concerned about.
I do similar. Set my SSDJ41 usually on the 1st of the month to my iPhone. As of today, after 27 days it's about 4 sec fast. Works for me.

I did have to return it to my AD's authorized Rolex service center to be regulated (Beverly Hills) about 2 months after purchase due to sudden, inconsistent accuracy (+/- 30 to 40 sec per day). It was fixed and runs great now.
shipitfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 02:41 AM   #302
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
Over the past 20 years the 3135 has been a magnificent movement .
I accept that when it was introduced there were teething problems .

I find it surprising that in its 7th year of production,in modern times (Its not the 80s anymore) ,Rolex cant find a very simple and effective solution to the 3235.

So,if the AD phones for a new LV,imagine the surprise if one rejects the offer and ask for a postponement of the offer for 3 years !
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
The Rolex Caliber 3235 was officially released at Baselworld 2015 and was first introduced inside the 39mm Pearlmaster so not available till latter part of 2015 so still not 7 years like you quote.As for watches like the SUBs again latter part of 2015 into 2016 so again not 7 years. And the Cal. 3285 first appeared at Baselworld in 2018 in the GMT-Master II,so it was not till the latter part 2018 that any were in the public hands ,so hardly the 7 years for that movement. And with this world wide pandemic like all business it could be harder to fine a solution, thats if they have not already found it.
3235 was introduced at Basel 2015.
2021 is the 7th year.
That's what I said .
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 02:45 AM   #303
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael N Q8 View Post
I have been looking for the new 41mm no date sub...Well no more until this issue is addressed.
I had one Nov 2020, -1s/day .( My son "stole" it )
Old 28 January 2021, 03:24 AM   #304
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060 Submariner
Quote:
I had one Nov 2020, -1s/day .( My son "stole" it )
Your Submariner hasn't been stolen its just on long term loan from a kind father.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 03:46 AM   #305
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxfordian View Post
Your Submariner hasn't been stolen its just on long term loan from a kind father.

VERY kind !
Old 28 January 2021, 04:02 AM   #306
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
3235 was introduced at Basel 2015.
2021 is the 7th year.
That's what I said .
Yes it was introduced at Basel 2015 but is was not till the latter part of 2015 it was on public sale. Plus the fact that most of these so called problems were not reported till a few months or even year plus later, and we are in the beginning of 2021 so still not 7 years.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 06:13 AM   #307
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipitfresh View Post
I do similar. Set my SSDJ41 usually on the 1st of the month to my iPhone. As of today, after 27 days it's about 4 sec fast. Works for me.

I did have to return it to my AD's authorized Rolex service center to be regulated (Beverly Hills) about 2 months after purchase due to sudden, inconsistent accuracy (+/- 30 to 40 sec per day). It was fixed and runs great now.
Thanks for the comment. Are you saying it was very slow some days and very fast other days? That would be a different pattern than what others have reported where it went suddenly and significantly slow and never fast. Also, how long has it been since that service?
HiBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 06:22 AM   #308
saxo3
"TRF" Member

32xx movement problem poll and data thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipitfresh View Post

When did you purchase the SSDJ41? I don't understand the "+/-" You mean about -30 to -40 s/d?
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 06:44 AM   #309
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Update: My 126610 was set 17 days ago and is now 26 seconds slow. By my incredible math skills, that is....

Minus 1.5 seconds a day. I wear it pretty much 24-7.

I am happy with that.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 07:06 AM   #310
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Update: My 126610 was set 17 days ago and is now 26 seconds slow. By my incredible math skills, that is....

Minus 1.5 seconds a day. I wear it pretty much 24-7.

I am happy with that.

Thanks! Happiness is most important.
Full winding at the start?
Winding again during the 27 days?

Your 24-7 means what? Wearing always the same watch (24 hours, 7 days) and put it during nights at rest?
Cheers.
Old 28 January 2021, 07:10 AM   #311
the dark knight
2024 Pledge Member

I'm a bit confused about how to do the test and how to report the data. I will say that I've tried fully winding my DJ36 and leaving it alone until the watch stops and checking the time roughly every 24 hours.

My watch seems to be about dead on (maybe loses 0.5s at most?) after 24 hours. Loses slightly less than a full second (but enough to notice it is losing a bit of time) after 48 hours. If I check it about 20 hours after that before the PR runs out, it's lost a lot of time. Maybe 6-7 seconds.

This is dial up, and I've had the watch about 2 months.
the dark knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 07:26 AM   #312
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dark knight View Post
I'm a bit confused about how to do the test and how to report the data. I will say that I've tried fully winding my DJ36 and leaving it alone until the watch stops and checking the time roughly every 24 hours.
Thanks for your description! Just write your result in a simple table, see post #11 and #276. Check as often as you can, not only once per day.
Old 28 January 2021, 01:17 PM   #313
Fenix84
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Thanks for your data!
Would be nice if you could run the test I described in post #97, steps (1)-(4)
Cheers.
Finally some data.

Full wind 72 hours.
The last reading was 15 minutes before the PR ran out so its kind of out there, i omitted this from the graph cause it would skew things quite a bit.

Last edited by Fenix84; 28 January 2021 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: Added Graph
Fenix84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 02:41 PM   #314
Michael N Q8
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona SS White
Last night was the end of the power reserve period for my BLRO, and I thought to compare the time with the iPhone stopwatch. The watch lost a second in 3 minutes! I wound it up and it was immediately back to “normal”

Just for interest, the Breitling 806 was still bang on time.
116520 Daytona white, 116500 Daytona black, 126600 SD, Speedmaster Pro, 116710BLNR GMT II, Speedmaster trilogy 57, Breitling Navitimer A23322, Seiko SKX007J, Seiko Mini turtle PADI, Seiko 5 Sport Diver.
Michael N Q8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 02:41 PM   #315
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix84 View Post
Finally some data.

Full wind 72 hours.
The last reading was 15 minutes before the PR ran out so its kind of out there, i omitted this from the graph cause it would skew things quite a bit.
Many thanks!
Very nice and systematic.
Old 28 January 2021, 02:43 PM   #316
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Thanks! Happiness is most important.
Full winding at the start?
Winding again during the 27 days?

Your 24-7 means what? Wearing always the same watch (24 hours, 7 days) and put it during nights at rest?
Cheers.
I wear it at night, the only time I really take it off is when I am at the gym or doing some work that might damage it.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 02:52 PM   #317
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Rates, Amplitudes, Power Reserve of 3235 and 3285 calibers

The figure below displays a collection of measurements for three different watches,
performed in 2019 and 2020.

Sea-Dweller Ref. 126600, caliber 3235, purchased in 2017.
GMT-Master II Ref. 126711 CHNR, caliber 3285, purchased in 2018.
GMT-Master II Ref. 126710 BLRO, caliber 3285, unworn, purchased in 2018.

Data were taken after full caliber winding, also up to 26 h, which corresponds to only 37 % of the claimed 70 h power reserve. Watches remained at rest.

A clear correlation between rates and amplitudes is observed.

Conclusion: Amplitudes down to only 150 degrees with rates of -35 s/d were measured.
Many data points are < 200 degrees amplitude, which is the minimum acceptable value 24 hours after full winding.
Old 28 January 2021, 06:07 PM   #318
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Following the methodology from post #97 (no timegrapher), please find my latest data below, comparing time against the atomic clock using WatchCheck app (plotted on a spreadhseet). Dial up position only. More data to follow in CU, CD, DD, 12up, 6up positions.

I have to mention that the watch has not been worn, it's essentially a safequeen. I have been monitoring its accuracy since 2017 so I did quite a few manual winds (about 60). The watch was between +1 and +2 s/d at the beginning but I no longer have the data.

SD43 126600 bought in May 2017 (3235 movement)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SD43_tracking_data_set_2.jpg (227.9 KB, 382 views)
File Type: jpg SD43_tracking_data_set_2_graphs.jpg (93.0 KB, 382 views)
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 06:45 PM   #319
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Last night was the end of the power reserve period for my BLRO, and I thought to compare the time with the iPhone stopwatch. The watch lost a second in 3 minutes! I wound it up and it was immediately back to “normal”

Just for interest, the Breitling 806 was still bang on time.
Micheal please stop all this just wear and enjoy your watch in good health now thats far more important and ditch the phone app.

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 28 January 2021, 07:17 PM   #320
Michael N Q8
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona SS White
Quote:
Micheal please stop all this just wear and enjoy your watch in good health now thats far more important and ditch the phone app.
No worries, I have completed what I needed to do
116520 Daytona white, 116500 Daytona black, 126600 SD, Speedmaster Pro, 116710BLNR GMT II, Speedmaster trilogy 57, Breitling Navitimer A23322, Seiko SKX007J, Seiko Mini turtle PADI, Seiko 5 Sport Diver.
Michael N Q8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 10:41 PM   #321
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Quote:
No worries, I have completed what I needed to do
Naughty you Michael for checking the accuracy of your watch. Better live in total ignorance rather than being aware of what's truly going on.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 10:48 PM   #322
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadweller View Post
Naughty you Michael for checking the accuracy of your watch. Better live in total ignorance rather than being aware of what's truly going on.
There is a big difference in checking for accuracy, than turning checking accuracy into a obsession .And I wonder how many of the 67 members reported in this thread like the poll states was because there watches timekeeping is off by (>5 s/d).As there could many other reasons there watches could be out by a few seconds to this new Rolex testing spec. And yes there could be is a slight problem with some 32 series movements, much like they have been with the Cal 3035, Cal3135, Cal 3186 plus a few others over the years.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 28 January 2021, 10:57 PM   #323
Golden Ellipse
2024 Pledge Member

My 126719BLRO is a great watch but progressively lost rate in the course of 6 months ownership to the level of -10sec/d. So it went back to Geneva for service.
Golden Ellipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 11:41 PM   #324
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadweller View Post
Following the methodology from post #97 (no timegrapher), please find my latest data below, comparing time against the atomic clock using WatchCheck app (plotted on a spreadhseet). Dial up position only. More data to follow in CU, CD, DD, 12up, 6up positions.

I have to mention that the watch has not been worn, it's essentially a safequeen. I have been monitoring its accuracy since 2017 so I did quite a few manual winds (about 60). The watch was between +1 and +2 s/d at the beginning but I no longer have the data.

SD43 126600 bought in May 2017 (3235 movement)
Quote:
So, I took more readings and I am convinced that there is something very wrong with this watch. The readings are so ridiculous that they cannot be used meaningfully. What I can rather do is track how it performed against the atomic clock. My conclusion is that it keeps time well for about 40 hours then progressively loses time at an exponential rate. The so called extended reserve is pointless.

After comparing these readings back to back with my SD 4000 (1.3 s/d, 0.3 beat error and 292 amp) I am convinced that I need to take this to the local service center and request a new movement?
Thank you both for your thorough measurement and presentation of your results.
Very welcome. I kindly encourage you to continue.
Sharing your data here is much appreciated.
Old 28 January 2021, 11:54 PM   #325
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There is a big difference in checking for accuracy, than turning checking accuracy into a obsession .And I wonder how many of the 67 members reported in this thread like the poll states was because there watches timekeeping is off by (&gt;5 s/d).As there could many other reasons there watches could be out by a few seconds to this new Rolex testing spec. And yes there could be is a slight problem with some 32 series movements, much like they have been with the Cal 3035, Cal3135, Cal 3186 plus a few others over the years.
Are you planning to make this point 67 times? Nobody is trying to convince a person who doesn't care that they should care, so why are you so determined to convince those who do care that they should not? We are not discussing vague concepts like paintings, fictional works, or fine wines, we are taking about precision timepieces. If they quantifiably are not keeping precise time I think that is noteworthy.
HiBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2021, 01:13 AM   #326
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Ellipse View Post
My 126719BLRO is a great watch but progressively lost rate in the course of 6 months ownership to the level of -10sec/d. So it went back to Geneva for service.
Why Geneva ,why not in the USA ?
Old 29 January 2021, 01:37 AM   #327
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There is a big difference in checking for accuracy, than turning checking accuracy into a obsession.
Wearing a 116610LN the past two weeks .Never have to set the time ,Crown up overnight slows it down , Dial up speeds it up .So,just by that I can keep it at zero .
Its not about obsession,its about very practical convenience .

Quite frankly,that's what I expect from Rolex at the asking price and from their decades of quality design,manufacture and control .
Old 29 January 2021, 01:46 AM   #328
peterskinner
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBoost View Post
We are not discussing vague concepts like paintings, fictional works, or fine wines, we are taking about precision timepieces. If they quantifiably are not keeping precise time I think that is noteworthy.
It’s a mechanical watch, and incapable of Precision in the sense used by modern technology. Even a cheap quartz watch or phone will be far emore accurate. So why make such an issue over a basic weakness of mechanical timekeeping. It’s still more than good enough for normal life. A few seconds a day means nothing in terms of the usual pace of our lives.
If it does matter, don’t use a mechanical watch.....even a fine design like a Rolex has to live in the real,physical, world.
peterskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2021, 01:59 AM   #329
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Remember post #17

Quote:
Gentle Reminder
This thread is about Rolex 3200 series movement issues and facts.
It intends to focus on measurement data and a technical discussion only.
Opinions about uselessness, speculations, negative claims, and disrespectful abbreviations are not wanted.
Old 29 January 2021, 02:01 AM   #330
Driver8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterskinner View Post
It’s a mechanical watch, and incapable of Precision in the sense used by modern technology. Even a cheap quartz watch or phone will be far emore accurate. So why make such an issue over a basic weakness of mechanical timekeeping. It’s still more than good enough for normal life. A few seconds a day means nothing in terms of the usual pace of our lives.
If it does matter, don’t use a mechanical watch.....even a fine design like a Rolex has to live in the real,physical, world.
I'm sorry, but there's a huge difference between knowing and accepting that a mechanical watch will not keep atomic clock accuracy, and a mechanical watch that managed to keep almost perfect spot-on time for the first 18 months of its life, and then for no apparent or discernible reason just started to slow -2 secs per day, then -6 secs per day, then -8, and now -10 seconds per day. That, in my book, indicates a problem.

Just like if you have a car that drives and stops fine for 18 months, and then the next day it suddenly refuses to brake like it did. If that happened to your car, and then you found that a number of other people had the same issue that was consistently not fixed by the manufacturer, you may be a little annoyed.

Not sure why a few people here can't grasp that....
Driver8 is offline   Reply With Quote