The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 22 June 2021, 10:59 AM   #1
wrx04
"TRF" Member

10-Year Anniversary...Where should we go?

Next year will be our 10th wedding anniversary, and we'd like to go somewhere special. We were thinking either Hawaii or Europe (never been to either), but would like some suggestions.

We are looking to stay somewhere between 10-14 days, and have a budget around $10k (flying from Detroit). Both of these variables can change, but this is a rough estimate of our plans.

What are the cool spots you've been to and would recommend?
wrx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 12:07 PM   #2
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Hawaii. Big island or maui.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 12:10 PM   #3
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Italy
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 12:12 PM   #4
McLovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC
Greece or Italy
McLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 12:20 PM   #5
7sins
"TRF" Member

Tell us more about what you like to do? Want adventure? History? Diving? Food? Culture?

Have you been to Japan yet?
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 12:20 PM   #6
CBouza3
"TRF" Member

Maui if you want a little relaxation focus. Most beautiful beaches in the world if I’m being asked.

Many European cities are also amazing, but to me means much more time on your feet. Taking in as much of the history, culture, and architecture takes effort. Well worth that effort, however.

Just depends which one of those are more your speed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CBouza3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 12:24 PM   #7
TNT009
"TRF" Member

Kauai if for wan to relax!

Maui if you want more lifestyle!
TNT009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 12:33 PM   #8
wrx04
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
Tell us more about what you like to do? Want adventure? History? Diving? Food? Culture?

Have you been to Japan yet?
We would like a pretty "chill" experience, but maybe a few days of adventure. My wife loves the history of Europe, but we appreciate relaxing on the beach too. Hawaii appeals to us for this reason....we are still relatively young(37), and would enjoy snorkeling/hiking/etc...while still being able to enjoy laying on the beach and doing nothing.

We have been to the Bahamas, Florida (twice per year), Vegas, Lake Louise (Canada), but haven't really left the continental United States.
wrx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 12:43 PM   #9
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
10-Year Anniversary...Where should we go?

Safari in South Africa

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 12:56 PM   #10
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx04 View Post
We would like a pretty "chill" experience, but maybe a few days of adventure. My wife loves the history of Europe, but we appreciate relaxing on the beach too. Hawaii appeals to us for this reason....we are still relatively young(37), and would enjoy snorkeling/hiking/etc...while still being able to enjoy laying on the beach and doing nothing.

We have been to the Bahamas, Florida (twice per year), Vegas, Lake Louise (Canada), but haven't really left the continental United States.
I would say two options, I am a bit younger than you but have been fortunate enough to travel extensively through the world. I think Hawaii is great and convenient but for a special anniversary, especially for people who haven't left the country, this is a great opportunity for a trip that will provide a lifetime of memories.

1. Fly into Paris, you guys will love it, lots of great food, culture, history and shopping for your wife. Then head south to either French Rivera for Nice, Cannes and St Tropez, or just southwest to the beautiful islands south of Spain in Mallorca.

2. This option I think logistically makes the most sense, is fly into Italy. Spend time in Rome and Tuscany. Then along the almafi coast for a relaxing beach vacation, with incredible beaches and views. Or even a day trip to Capri. Very easy to get around the country, amazing gardens, history, food, culture, beaches etc. Will be a trip of a life time.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 01:30 PM   #11
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

I’d recommend Wailea on Maui. You’ve got plenty of options for hotels there, the Fairmont, Four Seasons, Andaz, Grand Wailea and the Marriott.
jnelson3097 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 04:05 PM   #12
Ellz
2024 Pledge Member

Little Palm Island- fantastic :-)
Ellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 04:56 PM   #13
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
Safari in South Africa
2 excellent suggestions!

We did Safari in SA for our honeymoon. Probably the most unforgettable travel experience out there.

We also did Italy for our 10th Wedding anniversary. You can’t really go wrong! Great Food, culture, history, weather & beaches.

Tuscany, Venice, Amalfi and that’s just an appetiser of what this country has to offer !

Not to mention, (Covid permitting) you’ve got the whole of Europe on your doorstep.
OmegaJJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 06:00 PM   #14
Vodka-Martini
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx04 View Post
My wife loves the history of Europe, but we appreciate relaxing on the beach too
Italy, Greece or South France (Cote d’Azur) is perfect, plus you get fantastic food.
Vodka-Martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 06:14 PM   #15
"TRF" Member

If you want a relaxing vacation mostly, with a bit of history spend a week or two at a Greek Island.

If wanting to see more of Europe, a couple of days in London, Eurostar train 3 hours to Paris a couple of days there and a finishing with a week at the French Riviera. Can be as glamourous or not as wanted. Rent a car and visit Cannes, Nice, Monaco, Antibes.
16203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 06:15 PM   #16
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Fly into MXP and leave out of ZRH. Rent a car in MXP and drive through Italy (Tuscany, visit Venice, Lake Como, etc). Then drive towards ZRH without any real plans and stop and stay... wherever. Perhaps visit Interlaken for some extreme sports fun, or Geneva to watch shop, or....

Fly in, rent car, have ZERO 'real' plans and have fun. Did it about 8 years ago and had a truly epic time.

BTW, don't bother with Portofino as it's a tourist trap.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 07:41 PM   #17
Andad

Watch: A few.
I safer times all those suggestions would be 10/10’s.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2021, 09:58 PM   #18
JParm

Watch: Yes!
I've shared these pics before, but I'd say Portugal! It's a sleeper for us Americans - doesn't get as much attention as France, Italy, Greece, etc. - but man, is it gorgeous.