The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 19 November 2022, 03:38 AM   #31
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdelious View Post
Good to see you back on the TRF, hope you're doing well
Thanks! Hope you're doing well too!
Old 19 November 2022, 03:52 AM   #32
JoeJoeBobo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Yeah, we Californians are a crazy bunch. What do you think of New York, Washington? How about the COUNTRIES of Belgium, Iceland, Germany, Ireland, Israel ETC. Of course, all those thousands of scientists, environmentalists, engineers, all of them must be wrong.

Yeah people in control who come up with ideas to change the world never to lie to the populous to implement them. Notice I said change not save.

P.S. This will never happen by the dates stated above.
Old 19 November 2022, 04:29 AM   #33
DLRIDES
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBobo View Post

P.S. This will never happen by the dates stated above.
I’ll take it a step further !

Mass usage of lithium battery powered EVs, WILL NEVER HAPPEN !

Based on the DATA, there is not enough lithium nor power generation capacity in the world. Another energy source will need to be discovered.

FIFTEEN container ships generate more pollution than all the ICE cars in the world, and limiting such could impact the environment more than eliminating ALL THE CARS IN THE WORLD !

EV conversion has become similar to a cult in most societies, with their primary belief principle being “Intentions matter more than results.” The only item missing is a lapel ribbon, because nothing says “I care” like a ribbon !

Follow the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 19 November 2022, 04:57 AM   #34
JoeJoeBobo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRIDES View Post

Based on the DATA, there is not enough lithium nor power generation capacity in the world. Another energy source will need to be discovered.

FIFTEEN container ships generate more pollution than all the ICE cars in the world, and limiting such could impact the environment more than eliminating ALL THE CARS IN THE WORLD !

EV conversion has become similar to a cult in most societies, with their primary belief principle being “Intentions matter more than results.”

I love others who don’t live with blinders on.

If someone wants to or if it makes you feel good to drive a EV then by all means drive on. But don’t tell me it’s to save the planet.
Old 19 November 2022, 05:00 AM   #35
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRIDES View Post

EV conversion has become similar to a cult in most societies, with their primary belief principle being “Intentions matter more than results.”

Agreed, Lithium is but one of the many challenges about transitioning to non-ICE vehicles. There is an article and a YouTube video about the new battery that is supposed to replace lithium. It (supposedly) will be in cars starting next year. Don’t ask me the specifics but I will try and find the video and post it here.

It’s like I said, there are numerous challenges, there were also an incredible amount when cars replaced horses, we overcame those and we will overcome the ones necessary for the EV transition
Old 19 November 2022, 05:14 AM   #36
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
I love others who don’t live with blinders on.

If someone wants to or if it makes you feel good to drive a EV then by all means drive on. But don’t tell me it’s to save the planet.
I don’t claim it will save the planet, but THOUSANDS of scientists, engineers, environmentalists, in DOZENS of states and COUNTRIES are spending a lot of money and effort to make this transition. If it will it at least be less harmful to the environment, then explain to me WHY all this effort and MONEY is being spent to accomplish switching from ICE to EV? Most of the US manufacturers will have every model in EV in the next 15 or 20 years. WHY? Because it’s a fad? Yeah no. For the money? Absolutely ridiculous. It will cost BILLIONS to transition, these manufacturers would make a lot more money by sticking with ICE power. So no, it will it solve the planet, but when entire states and countries pass laws and spends billions of dollars, and these include scientists and environmental engineers, don’t you think it will at least help? There are challenges that I don’t know the answers for, but the (thousands of) people in dozens of COUNTRIES are a lot smarter then I am and have come to the conclusion the challenges will be solved and in the long run we are better off using EVs; I believe them. Why else would these incredible expensive laws and transition effort be implanted?

I know, it’s a global conspiracy; right?
Old 19 November 2022, 05:22 AM   #37
JoeJoeBobo
Banned

Some people drink grape Koolaid some drink cherry. Just as many above like mentioned (states, countries, politicians scientists etc) people disagree with the EV necessity.

As to the money what is billions actually mean. One crypto co just went belly up 14x that amount overnight. The President wants to give college educated people who willingly took out student loans for their worthless education 400x times that.

Yes it is all a scam!
Old 19 November 2022, 06:13 AM   #38
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Yes it is all a scam!

LOL… OMG… A world-wide scam. Yeah.. yep, must be. I don’t understand exactly is benefiting from this WORLD-WIDE scam, a conspiracy involving thousands of political leaders, manufacturers, scientists, they must all be in on it right? Perhaps you could enlighten me how this works. The term: Tin foil hat really comes to mind.
Old 19 November 2022, 06:25 AM   #39
JoeJoeBobo
Banned

Keep believing and listening to whomever, whatever you want sir.

See ya in 2035, oh that’s right scientist, politicians, and a 14 year old pushed by her family and country, special interest groups say we won’t be here then because of global warming.

Now that is OMG lol
Old 19 November 2022, 06:52 AM   #40
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
LOL… OMG… A world-wide scam. Yeah.. yep, must be. I don’t understand exactly is benefiting from this WORLD-WIDE scam, a conspiracy involving thousands of political leaders, manufacturers, scientists, they must all be in on it right? Perhaps you could enlighten me how this works. The term: Tin foil hat really comes to mind.
It’s the group who benefits from solar panels Paul
Old 19 November 2022, 08:03 AM   #41
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Keep believing and listening to whomever, whatever you want sir.

See ya in 2035, oh that’s right scientist, politicians, and a 14 year old pushed by her family and country, special interest groups say we won’t be here then because of global warming.

Now that is OMG lol
14 year old… pushed…. Her… If this makes sense to someone I’ll admit to being a Dorklehead, please explain it to me, but as for 2035, it’s a date. I bet you $100 that there are FAR more EVs on the road then there are now. My personal belief is it will be somewhere around 30%. I will further bet you that the places I listed, will enforce the ban on new ICE-only vehicle sales. I will also throw in that there will be several other states/countries that will announce bans, possibly even joining the 2035 date. I’ll make it double or nothing that someday, SOMEDAY, and I don’t know when, 30 years? 50? 100? EVs (or hydrogen or ?) will be the norm on roads around the world, and ICE-powered vehicles will be a novelty. You can bury your head in the sand, love it or hate it, and come up with your multi-national conspiracy theories all you like, but the trend of replacing ICE vehicles has started, will continue and SOMEDAY, will be the norm. Oh I don’t deny there are HUGE issues to be overcome, and there will definitely be stumbles and hiccups along the way, but they will be overcome and the trend continue to snowball. Seriously, is there a rational person in the world, no matter how much they love ICE vehicles (I own a Corvette by the way) that doesn’t believe the transition is inevitable? A RATIONAL person? I grant the dates may be optimistic and the challenges substantial, but tell me Joe, you actually believe that 30, 50 years from now ICE vehicles will have the same percentage of new sales and road driven as there is today? And all these manufacturers transitioning to EVs, and all the EV companies, and all the BILLIONS of dollars going in to this, they are all going to say: “We were just kidding.” Seriously? You believe that? Wow..
Old 19 November 2022, 08:04 AM   #42
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
It’s the group who benefits from solar panels Paul
You might have something there….
Old 19 November 2022, 08:13 AM   #43
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

https://newatlas.com/energy/snow-lake-lithium-mine/
Old 19 November 2022, 05:40 PM   #44
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750
By 2035, there simply won‘t be many car manufacturers left that sell ICE vehicles.
Because that is where the market goes and the consumer demand.

Just have a look at what manufacturers plan for the replacement of current models
Old 19 November 2022, 05:43 PM   #45
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Oh yes, the international Solar Panel Mafia - I forgot
Old 19 November 2022, 05:56 PM   #46
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
I just like how it went from global warming to climate change, now were is that bloke who said there would be no water in the dams.
Old 19 November 2022, 11:17 PM   #47
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

So when a hurricane happens and the roads are flooded, are electric cars safe? What about hours-long traffic jams trying to get out of the way of the disaster?

Look, i'm 100% cool with electrics vehicles, yet they have do indeed limitations. A Ferrari can't tow a 6000 lbs trailer, and a Ford F350 Superduty truck makes a horrible track car.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
Old 20 November 2022, 12:16 AM   #48
bondtoys
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
So when a hurricane happens and the roads are flooded, are electric cars safe? What about hours-long traffic jams trying to get out of the way of the disaster?

Look, i'm 100% cool with electrics vehicles, yet they have do indeed limitations. A Ferrari can't tow a 6000 lbs trailer, and a Ford F350 Superduty truck makes a horrible track car.
Do you only have one car?
Does it make sense using an ICE car when the roads are flooded to a degree that you fear of the safety of an EV car?
Old 20 November 2022, 01:06 AM   #49
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

For now only a Dinan BMW as don't need more than that. But if you have a Pagani you're giving away I'd happily look after it.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 20 November 2022, 01:12 AM   #50
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

I remember Houston trying to evacuate in advance of a hurricane years ago. I-45 was clogged because of cars running out of gas on the highway. No vehicle will be a failsafe bug out tool. All it takes is one or two idiots ahead of you blocking the lane to screw everything up.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
Old 20 November 2022, 01:35 AM   #51
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoninDenver View Post
I remember Houston trying to evacuate in advance of a hurricane years ago. I-45 was clogged because of cars running out of gas on the highway. No vehicle will be a failsafe bug out tool. All it takes is one or two idiots ahead of you blocking the lane to screw everything up.
Indeed.

Perhaps what Steven was referring to is this …

https://www.eenews.net/articles/why-...hurricane-ian/
Old 20 November 2022, 04:27 AM   #52
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoninDenver View Post
All it takes is one or two idiots ahead of you blocking the lane to screw everything up.
Oooh, we did that on the ferry from Dover to France once. Long story... yet worth it as we were a bit, ummm, busy at the time. My sincere apologies for the cars stuck behind us until we (finally) made it back to the car to exit the ferry.

Old 20 November 2022, 08:56 AM   #53
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oooh, we did that on the ferry from Dover to France once. Long story... yet worth it as we were a bit, ummm, busy at the time. My sincere apologies for the cars stuck behind us until we (finally) made it back to the car to exit the ferry.

Lol. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20 November 2022, 01:19 PM   #54
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
[QUOTE=pickettt;12474455]
Quote:
Yeah, we Californians are a crazy bunch. What do you think of New York, Washington? How about the COUNTRIES of Belgium, Iceland, Germany, Ireland, Israel ETC. Of course, all those thousands of scientists, environmentalists, engineers, all of them must be wrong.[/QUOTE

If the funding is right, so is the data.
Exactly this, imho EV are not solving but adding to the ecological disaster.
Those who dare to voice a different opinion are doomed and will be cancelled
Old 20 November 2022, 02:00 PM   #55
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Okay…. You just earned hero status.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
Old 20 November 2022, 02:04 PM   #56
TheVTCGuy
Banned

[QUOTE=joli160;12477641]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickettt View Post

You’re entitled to your opinion, personally, when literally THOUSANDS of scientists, environmentalists, Engineers in DOZENS of countries tell us that EVs are less harmful to the environment, I believe them. I am not a scientist, they are not commercial pilots, they refer to my expertise and I refer to theirs. If this were an isolated bunch in one state or city or even country I would lend more credence to the conspiracy theory, but it is much bigger then that.

And someone has to explain to me the money aspect. Are you trying to say that a group that will benefit from this is leading the move to EVs? Who? Elon? Transitioning to EVs from ICE is costing automobile manufacturers BILLIONS of dollars, so who exactly is benefitting from this extremely costly transition? Again, we are talking countries all over the world, so whomever these conspiracy leaders are that will benefit financially from the transition to non-ICE vehicles must be extremely powerful.
Old 20 November 2022, 02:22 PM   #57
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
[QUOTE=joli160;12477641]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickettt View Post

Agree, warm fuzzy idea but execution a sh*tshow on steroids.
Old 20 November 2022, 02:42 PM   #58
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
[QUOTE=TheVTCGuy;12477681]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post

You’re entitled to your opinion, personally, when literally THOUSANDS of scientists, environmentalists, Engineers in DOZENS of countries tell us that EVs are less harmful to the environment, I believe them. I am not a scientist, they are not commercial pilots, they refer to my expertise and I refer to theirs. If this were an isolated bunch in one state or city or even country I would lend more credence to the conspiracy theory, but it is much bigger then that.

And someone has to explain to me the money aspect. Are you trying to say that a group that will benefit from this is leading the move to EVs? Who? Elon? Transitioning to EVs from ICE is costing automobile manufacturers BILLIONS of dollars, so who exactly is benefitting from this extremely costly transition? Again, we are talking countries all over the world, so whomever these conspiracy leaders are that will benefit financially from the transition to non-ICE vehicles must be extremely powerful.
[QUOTE=Moondoggy;12477699]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post

Agree, warm fuzzy idea but execution a sh*tshow on steroids.
I don't know how that happened...but that isn't my post
Old 28 November 2022, 11:42 PM   #59
youknow23
"TRF" Member

electric cars have now become electric self driving cars. wide release beta is just a matter of time before legislation follows seeing as autopilot has had 19 fatal crashes since 2016!
Old 29 November 2022, 01:39 AM   #60
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknow23 View Post
electric cars have now become electric self driving cars. wide release beta is just a matter of time before legislation follows seeing as autopilot has had 19 fatal crashes since 2016!
How many fatal crashes were caused by human error since 2016? My guess is a lot more than 19. Oh I am not a proponent of self driving vehicles, I don’t care if they are continued or cancelled, but people point to it such a big deal when there is an unfortunate death caused by AI, when there are dozens, hundreds, thousands? Of deaths in the US EVERY SINGLE DAY caused by human error.
Closed Thread