The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 30 November 2022, 11:21 AM   #61
dbacr
2024 Pledge Member

Oh boy. Been though it many times. It’s never easy. As I look at my 1.5 year old chihuahua rolling around on the sofa, I know I’m committed to giving him the best life possible. Rest assured, she was happy to be yours. Godspeed.
dbacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2022, 11:49 AM   #62
JTL31
2024 Pledge Member

Alex, my heart goes out to you and your partner. Betty was truly loved and shared that with you as well! Just remember, she is pain free now and roaming around that beautiful dog park in the sky waiting for that day you will meet again. Best…
JTL31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2022, 12:17 PM   #63
Atone
"TRF" Member

Watch: TinTin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.cicollo View Post
My dear TRF friends…

Her official Kennel Club name was Ilchester Moonlight. Ilchester is a street, and she was born under the moonlight. That’s the explanation the breeder gave us when we picked her up at 8 weeks old. We named her Betty. We used to call her Betty Boop, then nicknamed her Boo. Or Boo-boo sometimes.

I do not know any of you personally, but you have no idea how much comfort you have brought me today, one of the hardest days of my life. I write this with tears in my eyes, hole in my stomach, and sadness like I have only experienced when my parents passed away.

The day started early, we had an appointment at 8.45am at the vet. Betty was up early, but coughing, panting, and clearly uncomfortable. She was also off her food, very unusual for her with her Lab genetics.

We guided her to our car for “walkies”, knowing full well that was a one way road. She climbed up, aided, her special steps that I had bought 2 years ago to help her get to the carboot. There she sat, and we drove off. As we parked, a dog walked by, and she mustered the strength to bark at the dog, but it came out as a weak grunt. That gave me a chuckle, thinking “no cancer is beating my girl’s spirit!”. I loved it.

Arriving at the vet, I asked if the procedure could be performed in my car, in “her” boot, which was a like a second home to her given she was always travelling somewhere with us.

Our vet was really wonderful. He owns the surgery and he suggested I parked the car in their car park, he then proceeded to lock the gates to give us privacy, and whilst I held my baby girl’s face, the anaesthetics went into her vein, and her little soul was released. It was all so fast, and he confirmed her passing, and my world fell apart.

I am crying as I write this - and this crying has not stopped today, from morning until now. The way she was lying down and me holding her little face was the way we arrived at the crematorium, an hour later.

She got such dignified treatment at the crematorium… I laid her on a little stretcher, she was prepared and we got invited to the room where they placed her; a little room, for two people plus one person from the crematorium. They explained the process, only one dog in each chamber at any given time, I could see the initiation of the process (which I didn’t). They had covered Betty’s little body with a pet-print blanket, and her little face was showing. We were then given time and privacy to kiss her good-bye. We told her we loved her very much, she was always a wonderful girl, and that we would never forget her. We were then on our way.

3 hours later we returned to pick her up. We drove back home (and arrived at our empty house) and decided to have a glass of wine each in her honour. I am not a massive alcohol person, but my partner wanted some wine and I obliged….

My partner and I have been crying the whole day, and I know this is not likely to get any easier any time soon. This is just so very sad, not to ser her little face anymore.

Anyway, sorry for the long and very sad post. Writing helps ease the pain a little bit, I hope you forgive the melodramatic tone - not usually me, but today, hell, why not. I know it’s a process, and I need to go through it, but yesterday I had a dog and today I don’t. My best friend, my little daughter, my dog, my joy is gone. Part of me has left too.

I love you Boo. See you on the other side.

Below, a few pictures of Betty in happier times.

Thank you again my dear friends. You have all been amazing today. X
ugh Alex, this made me cry. i'm sorry, it hurts a lot and we are so lucky to have our time with these special souls. i hope ruby and betty are having a blast and eating all the fun stuff (for ruby it was sushi and french fries ). My condolences, it just sucks.
Old 30 November 2022, 04:27 PM   #64
TOOK
"TRF" Member

I am sorry for this news, I've lost many friends yet none of those could compare to the passing of my pup.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
TOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2022, 01:57 AM   #65
alex.cicollo
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
damn
Damn indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emersm View Post
Alex, my heart goes out to you.

Three years ago next month, we had to say goodbye to our Buster. It was the hardest and saddest day of my life.

My wife and I were thinking of you today and just poured a glass of wine to toast your beautiful Betty and my handsome Buster.

Cheers to Betty! (and Buster)

My best to you,

Merle
Buster was a lucky boy! Thank you for the toast. We feel the love x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTL31 View Post
Alex, my heart goes out to you and your partner. Betty was truly loved and shared that with you as well! Just remember, she is pain free now and roaming around that beautiful dog park in the sky waiting for that day you will meet again. Best…
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVY View Post
Beautifully written and a beautiful girl. Take care of yourself ...
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
From our pup to yours ... we are thinking of you Alex and family.

Rest East Betty.

Attachment 1334270

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Thank you your pup’s adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondoggy View Post
I feel like I have fair-welled another to the Rainbow Garden, it's such a tough time, ironically my daughter found my old ipad yesterday with old photos here is my girl who moved on in 2016.

Thoughts are sincerely with you.

Attachment 1334280
Lovely picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacr View Post
Oh boy. Been though it many times. It’s never easy. As I look at my 1.5 year old chihuahua rolling around on the sofa, I know I’m committed to giving him the best life possible. Rest assured, she was happy to be yours. Godspeed.
Please give him a kiss from us

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
That was to say the least, a beautiful tribute to sweet Betty.

I don’t know you personally either. However, after reading about your day I want to give you the biggest hug. Wouldn’t matter that you’re crying because just reading the emotion in this post has me crying a combination of mournful and happy tears for your family and that sweet girl.

I’d say she had a pretty great life and lots of love. Rejoice and take comfort in that you and your family gave her that.

God bless you and your family Alex. Please continue to update this thread however mournful or sad you may think you sound. I will take a broad stroke here and say that most of us understand and are willing to share your sorrow and good memories. TRF has some really outstanding members that give incredible words of encouragement, understanding and strength. The few that I call friends are more than happy to help when needed.

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
You’re such a special soul, thank you so much for the lovely words and love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOK View Post
I am sorry for this news, I've lost many friends yet none of those could compare to the passing of my pup.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atone View Post
ugh Alex, this made me cry. i'm sorry, it hurts a lot and we are so lucky to have our time with these special souls. i hope ruby and betty are having a blast and eating all the fun stuff (for ruby it was sushi and french fries ). My condolences, it just sucks.
Ruby & Betty are playing together in doggy heaven x
alex.cicollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2022, 02:03 AM   #66
SFOB
Banned

You must feel so much hurt Alex. Be strong, Betty will always have you in her heart even in the afterlife.
SFOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2022, 05:29 AM   #67
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
I'm very sorry for your loss my friend. We lost our 7 year old lab about 1.5 years ago with an extremely aggressive form of cancer. They operated on her 1 night and she passed away at home in the arms of my wife and I 2 mornings later (luckily our children stayed asleep for the entire duration).

Truly terrible experience to lose a best friend, but I always find a little comfort in a story I read a long time ago when my Ruby was just a pup. That the entire purpose of life and being on earth is to learn to love and since dogs know how to do that immediately they don't have to stay around as long. Sometimes I think of that story and still think about Ruby and how she is truly missed everyday.

I hope you find comfort it's a brutal time and I know it gets easier but I promise you will think of her every day.
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2022, 09:40 AM   #68
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
I feel your pain Alex. I lost my 17.5 yr old Golden this year and my spouse lost her 11 yr. old Labrador. It is never easy.

But we have been down this road many times. It is the price you pay for having a really good friend.
Old 1 December 2022, 09:42 AM   #69
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyv11 View Post
The entire purpose of life and being on earth is to learn to love and since dogs know how to do that immediately they don't have to stay around as long.
Yes.
Old 1 December 2022, 10:39 PM   #70
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

A very famous lady, a dog lover, once said; "grief is the price we pay, for love".
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg th-193179504.jpeg (11.3 KB, 18 views)
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote