The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1 December 2022, 06:09 AM   #1
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

A car repair questions for car guys.....

I've been bitching about this on this forum a couple of times but on May 30 some idiot in a parking lot smacked into my wife's car. He apologized but later to his insurance company changed his mind. Anyways not important.

So we took the car to two repair places and one of the parts is backordered, the interior fender well. The car is a 2017 Lincoln MKX and apparently made in Canada, and soon to be discontinued as is the new version, the Nautilus.

So we've been on hold for 6 months waiting for the part which may never come. And rented a car for 5 months and just recently bought another car for her.

My question is will any repair places just order this part from an autowrecker that totalled the front end, with a prefectly good back end, and repair the car. Three places we tried said they won't use, used parts. But its an interior wheel well so what's the big deal. (Panel Assembly Body Side Inner - Ford (KA1Z-5827864-B)) I believe the Ford Edge uses the same body.

Any suggestions???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6120xxx.jpg (45.4 KB, 129 views)