The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 5 January 2024, 01:06 PM   #1
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
All day Watch shopping in NYC all stores 1/04/24

Today I started off by hitting the Vault in the lower level of Sax 5th on 5th ave the selection was very limited for the brands I was looking for. Vacheron has a small section that had 3-4 watches NO overseas and two of the pieces where ladies pieces. One was a traditional meh 🫤 lots of bling though
I did a quick pass around the vault and nothing really caught my eye

Next I rushed off to 47th and I have to say I was Very Underwhelmed it’s 90% jewelry and 10% or less watches I did see Mousie he is a super nice guy and was chatting with any fans who walked up to him and took time to meet with them and talk to them.
I went to look for Moses and couldn’t find him. He is one of my favs on YouTube and I enjoy his energy and always doing the flips 😆 he even has his own coin now that cracks me up.

Now it was time to hit the big boys so my first stop was AP

My goal is to hit Every AP I can I have racked up 15 so far. Lots of them in Europe and I love to see and talk to the SAs in every house and experience the difference between them all. YES there are differences and YES there are locations Easier than others to get pieces.

I hit the AP house in the meat packing district yesterday and then the Boutique off 5th today

I made an appointment through my Nomad
First off the mini museum at the AP house was unexpected and a great experience
Next the house was smaller than expected but a very nice man cave feel with a very comfortable feeling and I never felt rushed by the SA and had a great experience talking watches and the wifey tried on a rose gold 34mm piece
(The wifey likes bling so it was not her style lol, the more ice the better)
The House had about 20 pieces lots of mid sized pieces on display that was a lot more than I expected to see honestly and they asked if we wanted to try any pieces on.
The service was great the mood was relaxed and friendly other customers came and went while we where there and I didn’t see any pieces actually getting sold

57th I think that’s the street it’s on the Boutique, I was a walk-in and no problem to get in. the staff was great they had about 12-16 watches on display again a good amount of them are mid sizes 37-38s I tried on a 38mm it’s like a Daytona 😂 IMHO. I hung out and tried on the Green Dial chrono RO SS it was much darker than the pictures online look it’s almost black.
Again me and the SA shot the shit for a while super nice guy. I told them I just like to visit the Stores all over the world and they still didn’t rush me or anything we had some good watch talk about what’s coming (they didn’t really know) and I did ask them about Barcelona and Madrid store. I know they are remodeling the Barcelona store to have more events there was what I was told in Barcelona
The service was great they asked me to try on a few watches super friendly and chill.

Overall I was happy to see so many pieces in the store to try on and I checked two APs off the list

My second stop was Vacheron across the street from the AP store and I have to say the most friendly store I visited today the staff Loni was super super nice offering me hot water to warm up or tea and coffee.
I have 3 pieces so we sat and talked for a while about what they had in stock and what I was possibly interested in. They had a nice white dial traditional Tourbillion in Platimum in the more classic collection that I’m just not a fan of.
In total they had about 8-10 pieces I didn’t try anything on as I was in a rush to hit more stores quickly

My third stop was Jacob and Co who I have 2 Epic X’s from and this is where they replaced the exhibition back crystals for both my pieces for free and gave me 3 free straps because it took so long.
I wanted to stop in and tell them thank you personally for the service and the straps.
They had a good supply of watches 30-40. I actually tried on the new Roulette wheel 42mm in rose gold with the tourbillion in the rear and it was actually amazing. But for $280k 🤔 I was thinking more 120k range for me. But it was cool and had amazing weight it was thick and had to be 15-16mm thick. The things I loved about it was that the Roulette wheel spins free while you move and the size of the watch where perfectly in-line making the piece a joy to wear. It’s hard to get a hardcore watch guy to feel warm and fuzzy about a watch and this watch did that for me!

My fourth stop was the RM store next door they had 2 Woman’s pieces inside and honestly the worst service of all the stops I had today. It’s sad to say that when the brand is where it is and the price point is where it’s at.

Yes I did walk past the big Rolex boutique in the meat packing district yesterday and I didn’t have a chance to go in. They had a lot of watches in the windows but I was headed to dinner.
I will try to hit a Rolex shop tomorrow

Tomorrow I will for sure go to Wempe and this time I swear I will get pictures 😂 total fail on my part and it will not happen again

Below I will drop some stock images I pulled off the net of some of the pieces I saw today and tried on

Cheers
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 06:40 AM   #2
REQUIEMnJADED4U
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C Date, Pepsi
Glad to hear that you're enjoying your time window shopping. Make sure to check out Bucherer TimeMachine as it's one of the largest watch stores in the world.
REQUIEMnJADED4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 10:38 AM   #3
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Don't forget Cellini on Park Avenue. Lots of high-end independent brands.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote