The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 19 July 2021, 09:42 AM   #1771
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGT3 View Post
The bottom line is that Hamilton didn't want to go for the Apex because he wanted 1 of 2 outcomes:

1. push Max out wide and off the track

2. contact with Max who had a 33 pt. advantage.

Both would work out better for Hamilton as long as he was able to keep going in the race.

With regard to what some have commented about LeClerc giving a wide berth is erroneous because toward the end of race the track surface is not in the same condition as the beginning of the race. Leclerc was in the marbles and Hamilton on the much more rubbered in racing line. Leclerc simply lost grip out in the gray matter.

I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 09:44 AM   #1772
BobMartian
Banned

Quote:
The bottom line is that Hamilton didn't want to go for the Apex because he wanted 1 of 2 outcomes:

Both would work out better for Hamilton as long as he was able to keep going in the race.

With regard to what some have commented about LeClerc giving a wide berth is erroneous because toward the end of race the track surface is not in the same condition as the beginning of the race. Leclerc was in the marbles and Hamilton on the much more rubbered in racing line. Leclerc simply lost grip out in the gray matter.

BobMartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 09:58 AM   #1773
77T

The Official Formula One Thread!

Quote:

My

Possibly #1 onto kerbs - But no to #2.

On last point…
Yep, once LEC didn’t cover into T9 he was left to the marbles and did a great job countering a snap as he lost grip. But he also knew that was a corner not to slam the door shut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 10:20 AM   #1774
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

it is funny how much extra hate lewis gets for anything he does. whether it was right or wrong, senna did this all the time and brundle even talks about it all the time saying senna would put you in a position where if you defend you'll crash, and if you don't then he beat you psychologically because he knew he'd be able to do it every time. somehow senna was a genius and praised for this and lewis is just a "cheater" trying to get a cheap win. also can't forget how senna actually did the same thing to prost but with the pure goal of actually dq'ing him just so he could win the championship

i think if it was reversed here a lot of people would be scrambling to find excuses for max because he's such a talented up and comer that is allowed to pull off dangerous moves for whatever reason
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 10:37 AM   #1775
walds11
"TRF" Member

Nasty crash anyway you dice it. Not sure if I can post this video, but search for “VERSTAPPEN FULL TEAM RADIO AFTER HIS MASSIVE CRASH WITH LEWIS HAMILTON! | 2021 British GP” by F1Fun4u on YouTube. It was painful to listen to.
Old 19 July 2021, 10:44 AM   #1776
77T

The Official Formula One Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
Nasty crash anyway you dice it. Not sure if I can post this video, but search for “VERSTAPPEN FULL TEAM RADIO AFTER HIS MASSIVE CRASH WITH LEWIS HAMILTON! | 2021 British GP” by F1Fun4u in YouTube. It was painful to listen to.

Yes - that was an audio clip I guess someone captured before the feed to repeaters was cut.

If you look at other YT link (the spectator video) you’ll see 2 marshals run right to edge of tire wall.

I just wish they had carried a fire bottle in case it became a Grosjean incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 19 July 2021, 11:05 AM   #1777
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
it is funny how much extra hate lewis gets for anything he does. whether it was right or wrong, senna did this all the time and brundle even talks about it all the time saying senna would put you in a position where if you defend you'll crash, and if you don't then he beat you psychologically because he knew he'd be able to do it every time. somehow senna was a genius and praised for this and lewis is just a "cheater" trying to get a cheap win. also can't forget how senna actually did the same thing to prost but with the pure goal of actually dq'ing him just so he could win the championship

i think if it was reversed here a lot of people would be scrambling to find excuses for max because he's such a talented up and comer that is allowed to pull off dangerous moves for whatever reason
It's a different era and Senna taking both he and Prost out so he could secure the championship at the time was outrageous to me at least.

How much "hate" did Schumacher get for these exact tactics? Or perhaps the hate he got for team orders when Ruben's let Schumacher through. As I'm watching today I think back about all the hand wringing that was done in the 90's when this was going on and today... nothing... Hamilton pulled a Schumacher today plain and simple and Bottas again let's him through and no mention of that.

Hungary is going to be special.
SDGT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 11:16 AM   #1778
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
It's a different era and Senna taking both he and Prost out so he could secure the championship at the time was outrageous to me at least.

How much "hate" did Schumacher get for these exact tactics? Or perhaps the hate he got for team orders when Ruben's let Schumacher through. As I'm watching today I think back about all the hand wringing that was done in the 90's when this was going on and today... nothing... Hamilton pulled a Schumacher today plain and simple and Bottas again let's him through and no mention of that.

Hungary is going to be special.
i don't think lewis went into that corner with the intention of crashing max personally. i think it was a racing incident and ended unfortunately, but max is too aggressive and hot headed to let anyone beat him in his own game. there have been instances in the past (this season even) where max made the same move on lewis and lewis pulled out to let him. horner is the main reason all of this is getting blown up, in his eyes max can do no wrong and any and all aggressive driving is encouraged by them because he's the only chance they have at winning again
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 12:06 PM   #1779
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
Quote:
i don't think lewis went into that corner with the intention of crashing max personally. i think it was a racing incident and ended unfortunately, but max is too aggressive and hot headed to let anyone beat him in his own game. there have been instances in the past (this season even) where max made the same move on lewis and lewis pulled out to let him. horner is the main reason all of this is getting blown up, in his eyes max can do no wrong and any and all aggressive driving is encouraged by them because he's the only chance they have at winning again
Intentions are difficult to predict but Lewis certainly had less to lose so even if he puts Max off track or he loses momentum, all he needs is to be in front at the end of the 1st lap and Hamilton's straight line speed advantage would most likely indicate that Max could not repass. The Sprint Qualifying results may have had a bigger factor in his "positioning" his car 4' off the apex than if it didn't.

The post race interviews with Jensen Button were revealing in that he indicated that Max did leave Lewis more than sufficient room, but Lewis did not take it and either purposely put his car more mid track or had more understeer than expected. Ultimately the penalty was hardly a penalty when given the totality of the results and how it affected the race/championship.

I heard Horner's interview after the race and he made good points, but ultimately there's probably nothing that will be done after today. With regard to Helmet Marko, he makes Gunther Steiner sound sane!

As it relates to Max, he'll learn from this and adjust. He's never been in a position where he's leading the WDC by 33 points. Hindsight is 20/20 and even though the race stewards found in his favor, at the end of the day, they're only separated by 8 points now. Knowing Max may not be able to pass Hamilton on the straights, maybe you go with tire strategy and an undercut, maybe this was just not going to be your day and you "settle" for 2nd place points. It's too early to think about this and a 23 year old is going to go for the kill every time, but sometimes you take what they give you and go forward.
SDGT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 04:33 PM   #1780
BobMartian
Banned

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sp...ts-2021-07-19/
BobMartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 04:47 PM   #1781
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMartian View Post

Unacceptable behaviour

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 05:12 PM   #1782
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
Verstappen got Verstappened to be honest. Hamilton never lifted, if the roles were reversed, (Verstappen on the inside) he would have forced Hamilton off by not lifting. If he doesn't like drivers driving like him, he should stay clear of them. Neither of them are Angels, let them race.

This was written 5 years ago.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/37210411
Everyone knows how reckless Max is. Just ask Hamilton, Ocon, Kimi, Botas or Riccardo to name a few. Max only does good when he’s out front by himself.
If he’s going wheel to wheel through the turns with someone, it nearly always ends in a crash or the other driver backs off to let him through to avoid damage.
I thought he was maturing but it’s clear all that has happened is that he’s been out front without challenge so he’s been out of trouble.
If he’s going to be one of the next F1 greats like people expect, he won’t make it by reckless intimidation.

Just when I was starting to like him, he’s still the same old Crashstappen.

Quote:

The Lewis haters are strong and in effect as soon as Lewis wins. If he didn’t recover from the ten seconds and ended mid pack, people would be happy, but since he recovered the deficit with his superb driving and championship car, it wasn’t enough, ban him.
Look how much activity this thread got when Lewis wins lols.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 05:18 PM   #1783
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
Unacceptable behaviour

Appalling, and people say he’s making it up or that he exaggerates about his experiences.
Old 19 July 2021, 05:19 PM   #1784
Highend7
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116520
Yes I'm a Lewis fan and I'm sure glad he won. But from a non biased point of view, Max is just too reckless and intimidating. That's just something he should drop if he's to get the recognition deserved.
Highend7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 05:23 PM   #1785
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Appalling, and people say he’s making it up or that he exaggerates about his experiences.

Disgusts me, something has to be done about these racist cowards.

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 05:33 PM   #1786
Lol-x
Facilitator

Whenever Hamilton gets criticism the spin turns it into "Lewis hate".

After the crash, Hamilton said on the radio, "I was in front" trying to justify his action. Fact is he was never in front.

Hamilton's car not damaged at all.......what a miracle

Then Hamilton runs the spin that Verstappen is an aggressive driver, so that gives him the mandate to do what he did.

Hamilton seems to be drinking from the same trough as his best buddy Tom Cruise.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 05:33 PM   #1787
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highend7 View Post
Yes I'm a Lewis fan and I'm sure glad he won. But from a non biased point of view, Max is just too reckless and intimidating. That's just something he should drop if he's to get the recognition deserved.

Couldn’t agree more, IMO he has a really bad attitude and lack of respect to the other drivers.

Old 19 July 2021, 05:40 PM   #1788
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Whenever Hamilton gets criticism the spin turns it into "Lewis hate".

After the crash, Hamilton said on the radio, "I was in front" trying to justify his action. Fact is he was never in front.

Hamilton's car not damaged at all.......what a miracle

Then Hamilton runs the spin that Verstappen is an aggressive driver, so that gives him the mandate to do what he did.

Hamilton seems to be drinking from the same trough as his best buddy Tom Cruise.

If you watch the replay in slow motion you can see Verstappen turn the wheel away from Hamilton and then turn back right across his line. Verstappen expected Hamilton to brake and drop back.

Old 19 July 2021, 05:50 PM   #1789
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If you watch the replay in slow motion you can see Verstappen turn the wheel away from Hamilton and then turn back right across his line. Verstappen expected Hamilton to brake and drop back.

That made me bust out laughing.
Old 19 July 2021, 06:16 PM   #1790
Andad

Watch: A few.
Quote:

At these speed at that corner steering corrections are in microseconds based on feedback.

The correction was not ‘turning back across his line’.

H had space between V and the apex but went wide when not at the apex.

V is accused of being aggressive but in this instance his only goal was to pull away from H as quickly as he could.

H’s only goal was to pass V ASAP.

Who is the aggressor in this instance?

A difficult decision for the stewards, IMO 60/40 in favour of V.

FYI.
I’m not a fan for V or H.

I hope V is ok.

Andad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 07:08 PM   #1791
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Damon Hill, has just said,"racing incident"....and he knows better than most people here about the subject.
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 07:33 PM   #1792
Andad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird-1 View Post
Damon Hill, has just said,"racing incident"....and he knows better than most people here about the subject.

I’m not surprised that had said that after his similar incident with Michael Schumacher in the 1994 Australian season finale.

I was there on track and watched Hill do much the same.

Old 19 July 2021, 07:46 PM   #1793
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post

I’m not surprised that had said that after his similar incident with Michael Schumacher in the 1994 Australian season finale.

I was there on track and watched Hill do much the same.
You were there 'on track' and racing and saw the Cheating German lose it, hit the barrier and then deliberately and with malice aforethought cut across and into our Brave Damon Hill to stop him taking the lead and winning the race and Championship!?
Old 19 July 2021, 07:52 PM   #1794
Andad

Quote:
You were there 'on track' and racing and saw the Cheating German lose it, hit the barrier and then deliberately and with malice aforethought cut across and into our Brave Damon Hill to stop him taking the lead and winning the race and Championship!?
That is not exactly how I saw it.

Old 19 July 2021, 07:54 PM   #1795
zama
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4 Broken glass
Lewis needed a miracle to get back into the championship, so he made one. Really disappointed in the fans cheering a shocking accident. Lewis probably learnt the technique from Jeremy 3min mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyamlGlrERQ
zama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 08:31 PM   #1796
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post
That is not exactly how I saw it.
Had it been, the great Alan Jones taken out...you might have!

How are things down there Eddie....all safe and well, I hope?

We've got Aussie winter weather up here at the mo'..........30oC for a week!!
Old 19 July 2021, 08:36 PM   #1797
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Interesting wording ...

Look at the list, can't find Damon Hill

saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2021, 08:45 PM   #1798
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Can't find Max Verst there either........not even 1, unlike our plucky hero the completely lovely Formula 1 Drivers Championship Winner, and all round, nice bloke, Damon Hill.

When is the next Helvetica Grand Prix?
Such a choice of circuits too!

I hear they still have Hillclimbs......hard not to, I suspect.

Old 19 July 2021, 10:18 PM   #1799
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessyKares View Post
When it comes to top-class luxury or premium cars, all people will get only two names. They are BMW and Mercedes. Both these brands are top class in terms of performance and reliability. Also, most people will be in a dilemma about which one to buy. For those in this dilemma, we have provided an article about BMW Vs Mercedes Reliability.
This isn’t the place for that - your post history indicates you have some ulterior motives…can you explain?

Old 19 July 2021, 10:21 PM   #1800
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Interesting wording ...

Look at the list, can't find Damon Hill

I don’t know where you get your stuff - but when I read my stuff I see Damon Hill won WDC in 1996…