The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 19 November 2021, 04:28 AM   #8551
chsu74
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710,116520,SLA19
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
What a ER from TSM, great beat on EPS and raised guidance for next year. Significant demand for 5nm chips. Going under the hood, margins at 51%! Almost 11% operating and building new plant in Japan. Also forecasting chip shortage well into 2022 https://www.investorsobserver.com/ne...inue-into-2022. Absolutely nailed this call, disappointing to see the stock only rally 2% but very confident in these trades. Look at their market share and rev, one could argue one of the most important companies in the world, no problem waiting this one out.
This and AUPH are the two bright green sticks in my portfolio today
chsu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2021, 04:39 AM   #8552
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsu74 View Post
This and AUPH are the two bright green sticks in my portfolio today
Looks like IV is finally ticking up on TSM too. Those 2024 110c's we bought are now up 50% in 4 weeks, certainly no NVDA or AMD though. That was a total score under $110.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2021, 06:17 AM   #8553
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No need to ever apologize! We all do our own due diligence and invest at our own risk. I enjoy all of us investing together, makes it a lot more fun. My apologies, that was not my intention to come across that way, was just eluding to SABR not being my lone red ranger.

Speaking of which, are you rolling your options here on UP? I am slightly bewildered here on this slide down to $5 after clearing a billion on the last ER. Slightly concerned their EBITDA loss was that much higher with member and revenue at record increases. I think worth at least holding until next ER, seems a steal here at $5? jan 2024 $5c is only 2.40
Yeah this UP drop is madness. I ended up rolling shares into May 2023 $5 calls and effectively doubled the position as I think a lot of the sell of right now is a combo of the rising expenses which apparently they say should improve and broader market travel stock sell down. A bit riskier, but I would expect (and hope for) a hard rally soon. Same deal for SABR, crazy pricing right now, been buying every day. Still down, but I’ve dropped my average to 2/3 my cost basis from a week or two ago. It’s going to be a tequila Thursday today for sure haha
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2021, 06:36 AM   #8554
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
Yeah this UP drop is madness. I ended up rolling shares into May 2023 $5 calls and effectively doubled the position as I think a lot of the sell of right now is a combo of the rising expenses which apparently they say should improve and broader market travel stock sell down. A bit riskier, but I would expect (and hope for) a hard rally soon. Same deal for SABR, crazy pricing right now, been buying every day. Still down, but I’ve dropped my average to 2/3 my cost basis from a week or two ago. It’s going to be a tequila Thursday today for sure haha

Welcome to my world with BBIG. Don’t even know what to do with it at this point.

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2021, 07:04 AM   #8555
Texote69
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
Welcome to my world with BBIG. Don’t even know what to do with it at this point.

Me neither - keep averaging down I guess.
Texote69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2021, 08:33 AM   #8556
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texote69 View Post
Me neither - keep averaging down I guess.
How are you guys down here? BBIG was ~$2.50 when I mentioned here earlier this year and trading near $4 now, you should be pretty deep in the green. Or did you guys buy in after the major runup?
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
Old 19 November 2021, 09:24 AM   #8557
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
How are you guys down here? BBIG was ~$2.50 when I mentioned here earlier this year and trading near $4 now, you should be pretty deep in the green. Or did you guys buy in after the major runup?

I’m not the most brilliant around here. Bought and sold 4 different times on gains from $4.15 to $8 ish. Misread some info, sold all of my BORR at $1.06 and dumped all that into BBIG looking for another run at $8.46. That run was actually a retreat and I’m sitting here minus all my gains over the previous year. I didn’t find this thread and really use it till someone was pumping BBIG at low $4.

MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2021, 09:43 AM   #8558
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

i wanna stay optimistic about bbig with earnings coming next week and thinking they can say something that'll spark some kind of bounce but it's hard to feel that way after what we've seen. i'm not selling because i'm still up about 60-70% and have over a year worth of time but thinking if it somehow bounces back to the 8-10 range i might get out if it stays flat on huge volume like before, even if i think it should be higher than that. i definitely think the current valuation is silly and feel like it'll recover, it's just a matter of how much and will we ever see 12 again, and the opportunity cost of it all...moral of the story, take profits lol
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2021, 09:49 AM   #8559
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Anyone own NET? Nice chart.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2021, 09:56 AM   #8560
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

also thanks CoveWatch and 7sins for all the info as always. i read the deck and it seems pretty promising, started buying some warrants on treb by moving some stuff around. i missed out on vivid seats so gonna hop on this one with you guys
Old 19 November 2021, 10:04 AM   #8561
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
Anyone own NET? Nice chart.
Been in since $28. Doubled down at $70. Haven’t sold anything.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2021, 02:10 AM   #8562
spurwar
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126600, 79220N
Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
Been in since $28. Doubled down at $70. Haven’t sold anything.
Same here. Got in at $34.50 and have been sitting tight as it has been offsetting my losses in SABR, which I hope will turn around soon.
spurwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2021, 04:01 AM   #8563
hkuo
"TRF" Member

Odd, I can’t seem to buy TREB/WS through fidelity. I can search it and it pops up but just can’t buy. It says the ticker is wrong.
hkuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2021, 04:22 AM   #8564
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
also thanks CoveWatch and 7sins for all the info as always. i read the deck and it seems pretty promising, started buying some warrants on treb by moving some stuff around. i missed out on vivid seats so gonna hop on this one with you guys
Happy to bounce ideas to share and receive any feedback. There's been some great plays shared here.

On a side note, Pypl has been kicking my butt! Getting absolutely crushed there on leaps.. I stopped averaging down a few days ago because its just been so costly to do so each time so I'm just not willing to throw any more into it for now and just let it ride. Also eyeing GRWG.. started a position and still deciding to add or not. If anybody is more familiar with them or growing supplies in general, please chime in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkuo View Post
Odd, I can’t seem to buy TREB/WS through fidelity. I can search it and it pops up but just can’t buy. It says the ticker is wrong.
Sounds like you need to change brokers But I think since these warrant tickers can vary amongst diff brokers.. you may just need to play around with it and add a .ws or just a W instead of /ws... or maybe even take away the . or / altogether. Hopefully that helps.
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2021, 04:27 AM   #8565
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoveWatch View Post
Happy to bounce ideas to share and receive any feedback. There's been some great plays shared here.

On a side note, Pypl has been kicking my butt! Getting absolutely crushed there on leaps.. I stopped averaging down a few days ago because its just been so costly to do so each time so I'm just not willing to throw any more into it for now and just let it ride. Also eyeing GRWG.. started a position and still deciding to add or not. If anybody is more familiar with them or growing supplies in general, please chime in.
same here, i averaged down a bit yesterday but really didn't expect it to go below 200. holding off on it for now and just gonna see where it goes. would probably put a bit more in if it hits 180s
Old 20 November 2021, 04:27 AM   #8566
chsu74
"TRF" Member

Talking Stocks 2.0

Quote:

On a side note, Pypl has been kicking my butt! Getting absolutely crushed there on leaps.. I stopped averaging down a few days ago because its just been so costly to do so each time so I'm just not willing to throw any more into it for now and just let it ride. Also eyeing GRWG.. started a position and still deciding to add or not. If anybody is more familiar with them or growing supplies in general, please chime in. .
Thanks to you and @7sins for TREB. Added mostly warrants and small qty of shares just to observe stock uptick.

Getting crushed on PYPL also. Should have sold shares at $215.. oh well. Thought CNBC pump would have longer legs.

I bought HITI instead of GRWG. Underwater on that lol..
Old 20 November 2021, 04:44 AM   #8567
Zack21
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkuo View Post
I have Fidelity and I believe it is TREBWS
Zack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2021, 04:55 AM   #8568
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Quote:
Thanks to you and @7sins for TREB. Added mostly warrants and small qty of shares just to observe stock uptick.

Getting crushed on PYPL also. Should have sold shares at $215.. oh well. Thought CNBC pump would have longer legs.

Gotcha, but HITI are suppliers and sellers of cannabis itself right? There's just so many cannabis companies that, other than straight quantitative metrics, I wouldn't know whos better than who or who has any type of proprietary or market advantage. GRWG was intriguing because valuation is reasonable after its dump and they're not growing or selling cannabis itself but instead, supply the hydrophonics setup and other necessities to growers. I honestly don't know much about this industry so hopefully someone with more knowledge chimes in.
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2021, 05:07 AM   #8569
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

meanwhile viacom....
Old 20 November 2021, 05:09 AM   #8570
chsu74
"TRF" Member

Talking Stocks 2.0

Quote:
Gotcha, but HITI are suppliers and sellers of cannabis itself right? There's just so many cannabis companies that, other than straight quantitative metrics, I wouldn't know whos better than who or who has any type of proprietary or market advantage. GRWG was intriguing because valuation is reasonable after its dump and they're not growing or selling cannabis itself but instead, supply the hydrophonics setup and other necessities to growers. I honestly don't know much about this industry so hopefully someone with more knowledge chimes in.

I don’t have much in HITI but want to ride the space in the event US federal govt legalizes it.

GRGW sells growing equipment. I don’t know how long those equipment last though. Canada is very mature in their greenhouse produce industry. There was a SPAC last year called (APPH)App Harvest? It is now lower than 50% off its high as well.

I do agree that GRGW looks attractive at $20. Their growth comes from a lot of acquisitions if I remember correctly but I am waiting for federal legalization before committing more. I thought there was a banking act introduced which allows financing for cannabis companies to be voted on soon? That is writing on the wall for me.
Old 20 November 2021, 05:16 AM   #8571
chsu74
"TRF" Member

Talking Stocks 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
meanwhile viacom....

VIAC is something I just do not get. Someone must have put a hit on the company. Les Moonves was loved by Wall Street and Shari won that lawsuit between the two of them. Maybe its personal and WS is helping LM get even? No idea. It would be painful, while incredible, to witness $30Cs burn.

My wife tells me I have poor judgement but how do I tell her that she chose to marry me? No way out of that dog house just like this VIAC trade..
Old 20 November 2021, 05:40 AM   #8572
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
VIAC is something I just do not get. Someone must have put a hit on the company. Les Moonves was loved by Wall Street and Shari won that lawsuit between the two of them. Maybe its personal and WS is helping LM get even? No idea. It would be painful, while incredible, to witness $30Cs burn.

My wife tells me I have poor judgement but how do I tell her that she chose to marry me? No way out of that dog house just like this VIAC trade..
yeah no clue either. seemed like a home run but it's now a worse trade than baba for me which i didn't think would be possible (thank god i got out of that one though)
Old 20 November 2021, 05:50 AM   #8573
hkuo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack21 View Post
I have Fidelity and I believe it is TREBWS
I tried that and it defaults to TREB/WS. Below is the error I get when I try to place the order. I’ll call support to see how to get around it.

“(000940)Your order can not be processed at the current time. Please verify that you have entered the symbol correctly. Note that a symbol with a suffix, such as . N or .OB, is generally quotable but not tradable. You need to use the root symbol to place an order.”
Old 20 November 2021, 07:02 AM   #8574
ft laud mike
"TRF" Member

Curious what anyone thinks of TCNNF?
ft laud mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2021, 08:44 AM   #8575
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

AUPH down 20% after hours. Can’t find any info on why.
honuswagner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2021, 08:47 AM   #8576
hkuo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honuswagner13 View Post
AUPH down 20% after hours. Can’t find any info on why.
Shelf offering. https://seekingalpha.com/filing/5799...TM_ROM241350_5
Old 20 November 2021, 09:28 AM   #8577
7sins
"TRF" Member

A very important point to distinguish here, this is a shelf registration not an offering. Hope this holds Monday so I can add more before A2 data hits. Same thing happened with TRIL and then BO was announced shortly there after so I would presume it does not mean BMY BO is off the table. Same for ARRY and TSRO, they did an offering then BO literally one month later. Equally as strange is the company has plenty of cash and also PG said last call they had no intention of any dilution, curious to the tactic at hand here.
Old 20 November 2021, 10:18 AM   #8578
chsu74
"TRF" Member

Quote:
A very important point to distinguish here, this is a shelf registration not an offering. Hope this holds Monday so I can add more before A2 data hits. Same thing happened with TRIL and then BO was announced shortly there after so I would presume it does not mean BMY BO is off the table. Same for ARRY and TSRO, they did an offering then BO literally one month later. Equally as strange is the company has plenty of cash and also PG said last call they had no intention of any dilution, curious to the tactic at hand here.

Moreover, AUPH only had a shelf in Canada. Since AUPH is delisted, then they need one for the US. What sucks is that insiders sold at $30 before this registration announced so its kinda planned..
Old 20 November 2021, 10:37 AM   #8579
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Moreover, AUPH only had a shelf in Canada. Since AUPH is delisted, then they need one for the US. What sucks is that insiders sold at $30 before this registration announced so its kinda planned..
Good points. Note on the insider sales, those were all pre planned 10b5-1 stock sales which are setup in advance and usually triggered when the stock hits a pre-determined price. Albeit very oddly and nicely timed sales from insider above $30. Hope we drop through $20 next week, I have a bunch of cash ready to back the truck up.
Old 20 November 2021, 10:44 AM   #8580
chsu74
"TRF" Member

Talking Stocks 2.0

Quote:
Good points. Note on the insider sales, those were all pre planned 10b5-1 stock sales which are setup in advance and usually triggered when the stock hits a pre-determined price. Albeit very oddly and nicely timed sales from insider above $30. Hope we drop through $20 next week, I have a bunch of cash ready to back the truck up.

My truck backed up already and broke my covenant on diversification so will have to ride this out. Not willing to spend the balance of my cash adding on this position anymore.

Just saw this.. S3 is shelf and S4 is merger filing which makes the stock for stock swap BO easier. hmmm

https://www.olshanlaw.com/blogs-Secu...sition-anomaly