Old 6 July 2015, 02:06 PM   #151
Marvoon
"TRF" Member

Classic = black
Old 22 July 2015, 06:35 AM   #152
Santiago79
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner a
Rolex Submariner is a great choice! Rolex Submariner black goes with everything!!!
Old 23 July 2015, 11:34 PM   #153
hulkyv
"TRF" Member

My one and only Rolex 😆

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 April 2016, 10:03 AM   #154
westcoastunionthug
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1988 16800
Congrats... Now, close your eyes and imagine owning them both. Open your eyes... You know what you need to do. You are one good change order away from affording them both. :)
Old 29 April 2016, 11:25 PM   #155
Glockman131
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116688 YG YM II
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkyv View Post

My one and only Rolex ��

Well, you picked the right "ONE"!
Old 1 May 2016, 08:32 AM   #156
masyv6
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBat View Post
You need to get to an AD and try both on. That's the only way you'll know which watch appeals to you the most.
Yep! This is seriously underrated advice. No amount of guys on a forum can tell you what looks best on your wrist to you.
Old 4 May 2016, 03:06 AM   #157
iAmVice
"TRF" Member

If you like the green sub... it's not for everybody. But having seen the 116610LN in person, I must say that the way the light plays on the dial.. is pretty freakin' nice.
Old 14 May 2016, 02:21 AM   #158
dcoy
"TRF" Member

Old 14 May 2016, 02:23 AM   #159
dcoy
"TRF" Member

Old 14 May 2016, 02:30 AM   #160
dcoy
"TRF" Member

Old 18 May 2016, 03:37 AM   #161
Trurolexer
Banned

Watch: 5513MaxiI+PreComex
Beautiful Hulk
Old 9 November 2016, 06:27 AM   #162
JohnGreen300
"TRF" Member

Really interesting thread just been through nine pages covering 5 years of opinions !

Interested to hear people's opinions as to whether or not the lv-c is still at risk from going out of fashion or losing value long term. Seems to be commanding a premium in the U.K. preowned market.

I visited an AD that have an LV I am due to pickup, first time seeing it in person and I'm really happy with it...... but now I've seen it in the flesh I can appreciate why many would have "clashing" concerns. Luckily I've always been a fashion disaster !

Also do we think the green is now a permeant part of the sub line up ?
Old 22 November 2016, 05:08 AM   #163
Pagey1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV & 114060
Icon20

Go for the green!!
Pic of mine brought in august this year.
IMG_0151.jpg
Old 22 November 2016, 02:53 PM   #164
seankendall
Banned

Five years of answers? WOW

OK, I just joined this forum. You guys are are something else. I started to read the thread and noticed the OP was from 2011. Whats up here? I'm on a number of gun forums and they generally will close a thread after it seems exhausted.

This is my maiden post here, so just in case the OP hasn't yet popped for the watch of his dreams:

I am 62 years old. I just bought a black Sub five days ago. Why did I wait until I could actually afford it? Why did I pick the all black Sub?

1. Unless you are independently wealthy buying a watch that will easily set you back $5K used, $7.5K new from an AD or somewhat less from a a gray market source, I would say that you should NOT buy one at all until you can afford to (a) pay cash, (b) the layout of cash has no effect what-so-ever on your savings plan or your current financial situation and, (c) buying a nice, high end watch for cash is a great feeling and you know you aren't screwing your future retirement or your kids and any other part of your life or your loved ones lives.

2. I bought a new black Sub from an AD. It was still in its plastic and styrofoam shipping case. Rolex ships the watches to dealers in a special protective case that is not meant to be seen by the end buyer. I have the shipping case and the "display" case and all papers and the five year warranty. The plastic sticky covers were all over the crystal and stainless steel and it was pristine.

Why black? As others have said already, it goes with EVERYTHING. It is classic. It will never go out of style.

This thing is built like a tank and is ready to go to war . . . it hasn't left my wrist except when I sleep since I bought it.
Old 22 November 2016, 04:35 PM   #165
Bigsykedaddy
"TRF" Member

Watch: LVc | SubC
Quote:
Originally Posted by seankendall View Post
OK, I just joined this forum. You guys are are something else. I started to read the thread and noticed the OP was from 2011. Whats up here? I'm on a number of gun forums and they generally will close a thread after it seems exhausted.

This is my maiden post here, so just in case the OP hasn't yet popped for the watch of his dreams:

I am 62 years old. I just bought a black Sub five days ago. Why did I wait until I could actually afford it? Why did I pick the all black Sub?

1. Unless you are independently wealthy buying a watch that will easily set you back $5K used, $7.5K new from an AD or somewhat less from a a gray market source, I would say that you should NOT buy one at all until you can afford to (a) pay cash, (b) the layout of cash has no effect what-so-ever on your savings plan or your current financial situation and, (c) buying a nice, high end watch for cash is a great feeling and you know you aren't screwing your future retirement or your kids and any other part of your life or your loved ones lives.

2. I bought a new black Sub from an AD. It was still in its plastic and styrofoam shipping case. Rolex ships the watches to dealers in a special protective case that is not meant to be seen by the end buyer. I have the shipping case and the "display" case and all papers and the five year warranty. The plastic sticky covers were all over the crystal and stainless steel and it was pristine.

Why black? As others have said already, it goes with EVERYTHING. It is classic. It will never go out of style.

This thing is built like a tank and is ready to go to war . . . it hasn't left my wrist except when I sleep since I bought it.

Congrats on the pickup! I just bought the same watch Yesterday and I love it!
Old 6 December 2016, 03:58 PM   #166
indywatchguy
"TRF" Member

Go Green! Everyone has black! And resale on green will go through the roof!
Old 25 December 2016, 10:13 AM   #167
3ems
"TRF" Member

Watch: DavidzergeAJ
Black was a no brainer for me. But with you, it depends...
Old 25 December 2016, 09:26 PM   #168
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
I tried both on last week. Both lovely. The green is something else, and needs to be seen in person as is not as bright as photos may suggest. If it was me, I'd go green. They are both beautiful, but the light on that dial is something else and it's less common (which I like). I think the shade is just dark enough not to cause dressing issues too.
Old 26 December 2016, 01:11 AM   #169
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Green for me. It is good to have some color.

Old 29 December 2016, 02:43 AM   #170
jzzmn88
"TRF" Member

Watch: 118238
I've always loved the Green ever since I saw it in person at an AD. If I was to ever own a Sub, that would be the one to get.
Old 8 January 2017, 05:43 PM   #171
mikeps2006
"TRF" Member

Without a question I would go with the hulk. A big part of my decision to get one was because I see the regular black submariners every single day. I like Rolexes that you don't see often. I also own a Rose Gold DayDate President and a 116621 SS/RG two tone yachtmaster w/ chocolate dial. The hulk is my daily watch and it's hands down my favorite watch out of the three watches I own. Yes, the LN may be easier to wear, but the hulk stands out and that's what I love about it. It's just so different.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7728.jpg (68.7 KB, 340 views)
Old 31 January 2017, 09:17 PM   #172
max.chin3
"TRF" Member

Take black ! Nicer !
Closed Thread