The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 24 October 2008, 04:28 PM   #31
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmachead View Post
Word to the wise...if that's what attracts a woman to you, you probably don't want her. My wife met me when I drove a beat up VW Golf, was broke as the day is long, and wore a Casio (the horror!).
Wiser words were never spoken.

Why would you need a watch - any damned watch for that matter - to attract the opposite sex?

When I met Zemina for the very first time way back in Jan. 1970, I was wearing bell-bots and she had on a mini-skirt to die for!! I kept staring at those gorgeous gams and she kept furiously tugging at her skirt!!

Watch? Who cared!! 38 years later and she still doesn't give a rat's ass whether I wear a Rolex or a RADO!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 24 October 2008, 04:30 PM   #32
feudallordcult
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller
how about a lifesize poster? john, think u could better invest this amount into further education. pardon me for this but so what even if you could impress chicks whose interest is what u hv on yr wrist? after all the moola spent on the rollie, u may not even hv enuff to buy her a drink.
Old 24 October 2008, 04:41 PM   #33
T5AUS
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the time go by
Ditto JJ, right down to the bells and mini, those were the days
Old 24 October 2008, 04:49 PM   #34
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Probably the one you sell and give her the money from.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
Old 24 October 2008, 05:07 PM   #35
erasuretim
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060m
I do not think the OP is ready to be a Rolex owner.

Regards

Tim
Old 24 October 2008, 05:23 PM   #36
Art161
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasuretim View Post
I do not think the OP is ready to be a Rolex owner.

Regards

Tim
Why would you say that? Buying a Rolex is a "no brainer."
Member #13992 HM Power to the Superlative Panda, officially certified! HMPanda eats, shoots and leaves.
Rolexers do it with perpetual movements.
Old 24 October 2008, 05:29 PM   #37
john_dt
Banned

Mein Gott!! You all are pretty riled up aren't you?

In my defence I will say that I do like the Sea Dweller that I bought, recently. I do like the fact that it is one of the few watches with which you can dive down to 4000ft but still wear to dinner. I'm aware of the COMEX connection and appreciative of the history of the watch.

However, when I see pictures of every wanna be Hollywood bimbette sporting a Professional Rolex it detracts from the pedigree and value of the brand. All Rolex cares about is that you buy into their hyper inflated brand at criminal prices!

If we really cared about horological considerations we'd be saving up and buying Phillipe Dafour, A. Lange & sohne, VC, PP etc.

To use a methphor: if Seiko, Citizen, Casio etc are the street walkers of the horological tradition Rolex could be considered a high class call girl but not a virtuous woman you'd make your wife.

In light of the above I have no compunctions in using a Rolex watch to make me a little more desirable in the eyes of the opposite sex. In fact I'll actually be using the watch for a purpose insteading of pretending to myself that I'll ever dive down to 4000ft.
Old 24 October 2008, 05:39 PM   #38
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Too funy, Phillipe Dafour.

Old 24 October 2008, 06:12 PM   #39
scottschoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_dt View Post
Mein Gott!! You all are pretty riled up aren't you?

In my defence I will say that I do like the Sea Dweller that I bought, recently. I do like the fact that it is one of the few watches with which you can dive down to 4000ft but still wear to dinner. I'm aware of the COMEX connection and appreciative of the history of the watch.

However, when I see pictures of every wanna be Hollywood bimbette sporting a Professional Rolex it detracts from the pedigree and value of the brand. All Rolex cares about is that you buy into their hyper inflated brand at criminal prices!

If we really cared about horological considerations we'd be saving up and buying Phillipe Dafour, A. Lange & sohne, VC, PP etc.

To use a methphor: if Seiko, Citizen, Casio etc are the street walkers of the horological tradition Rolex could be considered a high class call girl but not a virtuous woman you'd make your wife.

In light of the above I have no compunctions in using a Rolex watch to make me a little more desirable in the eyes of the opposite sex. In fact I'll actually be using the watch for a purpose insteading of pretending to myself that I'll ever dive down to 4000ft.
Rolex won't fix ugly. Neither will a PP. If you can't get girls without a Rolex, you can't get girls with one. And no, don't say you get plenty, because if you did, you wouldn't have made your original post in the first place.

Nobody is forcing you at gunpoint to buy a certain brand. Since you seem to care about what's "in" these days, try to catch the Panerai train if it hasn't already left the station. Don't forget to check to see if your condoms are expired....they tend to expire after a few years of sitting idly.
Old 24 October 2008, 06:17 PM   #40
Art161
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Wiser words were never spoken.

Why would you need a watch - any damned watch for that matter - to attract the opposite sex?

When I met Zemina for the very first time way back in Jan. 1970, I was wearing bell-bots and she had on a mini-skirt to die for!! I kept staring at those gorgeous gams and she kept furiously tugging at her skirt!!

Watch? Who cared!! 38 years later and she still doesn't give a rat's ass whether I wear a Rolex or a RADO!!
JJ, you never cease to amaze. I would have thought that you would be the one wearing the mini-skirt.
Member #13992 HM Power to the Superlative Panda, officially certified! HMPanda eats, shoots and leaves.
Rolexers do it with perpetual movements.
Old 24 October 2008, 06:36 PM   #41
john_dt
Banned

Scottschoe, as a rolex owner I'd think you'd be cynical enought to know that everything gets fixed when you give off the illusion of money.

Why are you guys so offended by the whole topic? I was simply looking for a watch that women would admire without giving off the impression of being a tasteless fool.

None of you have suggested a single watch to that purpose. I'm truly amazed!

Last edited by john_dt; 24 October 2008 at 06:40 PM.. Reason: addition
Old 24 October 2008, 06:54 PM   #42
Jimbits76
"TRF" Member

Is it me or are things sinking to an entire new level???????

This is without the help of Bubba and I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you need to find me, I'll be in the Open Discussion areas!

Jim
Old 24 October 2008, 06:57 PM   #43
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Scottschoe, as a rolex owner I'd think you'd be cynical enought to know that everything gets fixed when you give off the illusion of money.

Why are you guys so offended by the whole topic? I was simply looking for a watch that women would admire without giving off the impression of being a tasteless fool.

None of you have suggested a single watch to that purpose. I'm truly amazed!
OK, enough's enough here.

First off, you're a newbie coming to a place where people loathe the idea of someone being a flashy show-off spoiled brat type.

Everything does not get fixed when someone gives off the illusion of money. You ask the members what their possessions were or how much money they had when they met their spouse, I guarantee most of us didn't have much. I wore a Timex when I met my wife and it didn't matter.

If you want a gold digging airhead then yeah, go show off your Rolex. If they're smart enough to know what it is they may realize that you might be trying to compensate for shortcomings in other areas.

You state "I was simply looking for a watch that women would admire without giving off the impression of being a tasteless fool." Also you said in another thread ""I wanted the watch to be readily recognized but subtle enough to impress on others my good taste."

When you start a topic like this on TRF, you're going to get flamed. We're the corner pub, with a core of non uppidity working class people who could care less if everyone of anyone notices their watch.

Personally I think Scott hit the nail on the head with his post. Now I'm telling you that if you want to continue to play here, be nice and lose the spoiled brat attitude.
Old 24 October 2008, 07:00 PM   #44
Jimbits76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
OK, enough's enough here.

First off, you're a newbie coming to a place where people loathe the idea of someone being a flashy show-off spoiled brat type.

Everything does not get fixed when someone gives off the illusion of money. You ask the members what their possessions were or how much money they had when they met their spouse, I guarantee most of us didn't have much. I wore a Timex when I met my wife and it didn't matter.

If you want a gold digging airhead then yeah, go show off your Rolex. If they're smart enough to know what it is they may realize that you might be trying to compensate for shortcomings in other areas.

You state "I was simply looking for a watch that women would admire without giving off the impression of being a tasteless fool." Also you said in another thread ""I wanted the watch to be readily recognized but subtle enough to impress on others my good taste."

When you start a topic like this on TRF, you're going to get flamed. We're the corner pub, with a core of non uppidity working class people who could care less if everyone of anyone notices their watch.

Personally I think Scott hit the nail on the head with his post. Now I'm telling you that if you want to continue to play here, be nice and lose the spoiled brat attitude.
You wore a Timex and she still married you?????????????

What they say about the Mailman MUST be true!!!!!!!!!!!!

J
Old 24 October 2008, 07:05 PM   #45
hsung

Watch: Daytona
I can't remember what I wore when I met my wife ... was it a Seiko or Citizen?

Anyway, she was more interested in my 14 inch TV and my cooking
Old 24 October 2008, 07:06 PM   #46
mailman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbits76 View Post
You wore a Timex and she still married you?????????????

What they say about the Mailman MUST be true!!!!!!!!!!!!

J
Sure did buddy I still do to the gym sometimes, when I'm painting, doing the weed wacking or anything else of that kind of nature
Old 24 October 2008, 07:08 PM   #47
SLS
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT's & Sub's
You need a better wingman, not a watch! Gheez, do us married guys need to teach you everything!
~Scott

Member No. 922
Old 24 October 2008, 07:29 PM   #48
wristworks
Banned

This guy is a troll. Get him OUT
Old 24 October 2008, 07:32 PM   #49
john_dt
Banned

I think, until now, I've firmly abided by the forum rules on this post. Unlike Scott I haven't made any personal attacks or comments.

Whether I'd prefer a woman who's in love with my Timex is a personal matter I'd rather not burden others with.

I simply wanted fellow members to recommend watches that I could look into. I have no interest in discussing lifestyle choices, personal hygiene, social status, physical traits etc.

That none of you have been able to do so beggars my imagination!
Old 24 October 2008, 07:33 PM   #50
swatty
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: The Game
Mate, you need more than a watch
Old 24 October 2008, 07:35 PM   #51
mailman

Quote:
I think, until now, I've firmly abided by the forum rules on this post. Unlike Scott I haven't made any personal attacks or comments.
I beg to differ with you;

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=55414

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...331#post815331
Old 24 October 2008, 07:36 PM   #52
SLS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wristworks View Post
This guy is a troll. Get him OUT
True, but it is sometimes more fun to egg them on! Seriously, how much of a loser do you have to be to make stupid posts on an enthusiasts site....it's not like he is the first or will be the last!
~Scott

Member No. 922
Old 24 October 2008, 07:45 PM   #53
Slieverue

Watch: Sea-Dweller
Makes you wonder why free speach is even allowed!!

Mate - I think you've got yourself the wrong forum. I think you are looking for "Hiding Under the Bridge Forum" or "The Shoot me Down in Flames Forum". Oh and don't bother letting me know if you find them or not.

Take care and don't let door hit your @ss on the way out!!
Old 24 October 2008, 07:53 PM   #54
Jimbits76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLS View Post
Seriously, how much of a loser do you have to be to make stupid posts on an enthusiasts site....it's not like he is the first or will be the last!~Scott
Here, what are you trying to imply? Have you been talking to Eddie!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slieverue View Post
Mate - I think you've got yourself the wrong forum. I think you are looking for "Hiding Under the Bridge Forum" or "The Shoot me Down in Flames Forum".
There aint no room under the bridge for that ego...Bitsy is here and staying put!!!!!!!

J
Old 24 October 2008, 07:56 PM   #55
SLS
"TRF" Member

Maybe you should have posted:

What Rolex will get me l__d the fastest.

Come on, re-read your OP and look how silly it is.

Gheez, I feel like I am talking to my 9 year old son about....

~Scott

Member No. 922
Old 24 October 2008, 08:08 PM   #56
toph
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Brellum,
unbelievable,
and while you are buying your new watch my I also suggest a new Brain or a balaclava. Whichever is easiest

"Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."

Member No.# 11795
Old 24 October 2008, 08:18 PM   #57
Ormiboy

Dont you guys think you may be getting a tiny bit wound-up here????

Get it wound-up on a watch forum! time for some tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Have a nice day all ( including the OP )

Willie
Old 24 October 2008, 08:18 PM   #58
Quicksilver
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing watches
Hi John

Believe me - your watch is not going to make any difference on that level. I wish it did - it would make life easier - but that's not the case and women aren't stupid. Attractiveness comes from within.

Now, if what you meant to say is "which Rolex do you think looks the coolest, smartest, best etc" - now that's fine. I'm sure that's what you meant.

The answer then is without doubt the classic Sub, black bezel
Old 24 October 2008, 08:29 PM   #59
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your P's & Q's
Quote:
But most of all it should be an absolute chick magnet of a watch.
Be careful with a chick magnet, it will attract this chick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chick magnet.jpg (178.2 KB, 85 views)
Member #1,315

I don't want to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol IS a solution!
Old 24 October 2008, 08:33 PM   #60
Quicksilver
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing watches
With all that metal on her face I think an ordinary magnet would do the trick !