The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 6 October 2020, 04:27 AM   #211
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
I'm really liking this, thanks to the guys who posted links to the release and video.

Do I want to spend $9600 plus tax plus shipping (since I don't have an OB near me)? And I wish Omega would offer these special straps in a short version. I can wear the regular ones, but I've got 3 in. of extra strap flopping off the end, using the last hole.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 05:11 AM   #212
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick82 View Post
No gold, no bracelet, no LE for the same price as the apollo 11th 50th anniversary.
Price is high.

Seems like Omega is milking this one..
My thoughts exactly!
Skyrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 05:25 AM   #213
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringhio View Post
Do you have insights about the waiting time for the Snoopy 50th?
I was told this morning by my OB that it will trickle in sporadically this year but most orders will be filled early next year.

I am under the impression that most people who want will be able to get one with a little patience.
42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 05:32 AM   #214
42itus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No gold, no bracelet, no LE for the same price as the apollo 11th 50th anniversary.
Price is high.

I agree that the asking price is high.

But the caseback with the rotating earth and flying module are very cool. I don't know how much that would add to the cost though.

Maybe this is Omega's answer to a lot of people's suggestion that Rolex should raise the price of the MSRP. Maybe Omega is pricing it at what they think the market will dictate to make the profit instead of having people flip it. Just a thought.
Old 6 October 2020, 05:33 AM   #215
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
My thoughts exactly!
I actually like that there is no gold in this piece! I was afraid they would put some because the 50th. I'm glad they kept it as a solid steel piece with the silver dial. It makes it very fresh and sporty.

The Apollo 11 didn't have such a complex and nice "animation" on the back, with the earth constantly rotating and Snoopy space traveling for 14 seconds. I've never seen something like this before.

The price is high... true, but this is a more sophisticated piece when I compare it with the A 11.

The splash of moonshine gold doesn't make up for the difference in my opinion. I believe the new Snoopy is actually more a unique piece.
Hopefully they will keep the rate of production low.
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 05:35 AM   #216
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42itus View Post
I agree that the asking price is high.

But the caseback with the rotating earth flying module are very cool. I don't know how much that would add to the cost thought.

Maybe this is Omega's answer to a lot of people's suggestion that Rolex should raise the price of the MSRP. Maybe Omega is pricing it at what they think the market will dictate to make the profit instead of having people flip it. Just a thought.
Man, you are reading my mind
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 05:36 AM   #217
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Price is high.

Yeah the more I think about this piece the more I think the asking price is excessive. I love the watch but I don't know that I love it TWICE as much as a new Seamaster SMP 300M. Also wish it had a date feature even though I understand why it doesn't.

I think I may be white dial SMP shopping and pass on this piece. It is a very cool watch though, no doubt.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 05:46 AM   #218
42itus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringhio View Post
I actually like that there is no gold in this piece! I was afraid they would put some because the 50th. I'm glad they kept it as a solid steel piece with the silver dial. It makes it very fresh and sporty.

The Apollo 11 didn't have such a complex and nice "animation" on the back, with the earth constantly rotating and Snoopy space traveling for 14 seconds. I've never seen something like this before.

The price is high... true, but this is a more sophisticated piece when I compare it with the A 11.

The splash of moonshine gold doesn't make up for the difference in my opinion. I believe the new Snoopy is actually more a unique piece.
Hopefully they will keep the rate of production low.
One of the things I love about Omega. It seems like there's something for everyone. Value can be subjective and you have one watch with the moonshine and another with some neat features that I've never seen before.

I thought the A11 50th was priced a little high, and I'm sure others will think the A13 50th is overpriced. If you ask my wife or my son they're all grossly overpriced.

But to your point, these differences are some of what makes this so much fun. It would be boring if we all wanted the same thing.
Old 6 October 2020, 05:50 AM   #219
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Price is high.

No deployant even
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 06:05 AM   #220
wrxdev
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Omega
I am hoping this movement trickles in the regular Speedmaster next year.
wrxdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 06:26 AM   #221
The Continental
Banned

When thinking about the price, the comparison should be to the previous Silver Snoopy Award, which had an MSRP of $7,500...so its $2,100/27% more,5 years later. Think about how much the value of the previous one has gone up. Yeah, yeah.......I know the other one was an LE but this one is a beauty. Kind of mixes the original Snoopy with the previous one.
The Continental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 06:48 AM   #222
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Beautiful. I’m a fan! Hoping this lands on my wrist soon!
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 06:55 AM   #223
bibbi
"TRF" Member

Apart from its looks, the case back is so innovative. The surprise of the year! So many speculations abouth the size of 42mm, silvery-blue dial, 3861, but who could have guessed the funny dark side of the
bibbi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 07:11 AM   #224
nworbled
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42itus View Post
I was told this morning by my OB that it will trickle in sporadically this year but most orders will be filled early next year.

I am under the impression that most people who want will be able to get one with a little patience.
That's great cause I think I've just solved the riddle of what my next watch is going to be. Haha.

I know you were racking your brain on whether you were going to get this or the James Bond...now that you've seen the Snoopy, what have you decided?
nworbled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 08:01 AM   #225
42itus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nworbled View Post
That's great cause I think I've just solved the riddle of what my next watch is going to be. Haha.

I know you were racking your brain on whether you were going to get this or the James Bond...now that you've seen the Snoopy, what have you decided?

I hope you end up getting this one! I’m definitely on board. Love the strap. Love the bezel. Love the back. Love the silver and blue combo. It will be my Dallas Cowboys watch lol.

I love the Bond but I’m still on the fence which tells me I’m not going to get it. If I still can’t make up my mind after trying it on so many times the answer is obvious. It’s in the window now if you haven’t seen it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 6 October 2020, 08:27 AM   #226
Trog
Banned

Sorry to buck the trend, but that Snoopy really jumps the shark.

Gonna get my deposit back.
Trog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 09:03 AM   #227
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trog View Post
Sorry to buck the trend, but that Snoopy really jumps the shark.

Gonna get my deposit back.
Wow. Ok. Just finished watching Tim Mosso of Watchbox studios. He predicts greys will be selling this for over $20k in the next couple of months.

You may want to reconsider. ;)
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 10:01 AM   #228
Trog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaggi View Post
Wow. Ok. Just finished watching Tim Mosso of Watchbox studios. He predicts greys will be selling this for over $20k in the next couple of months.

You may want to reconsider. ;)
Nope.
Trog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 10:12 AM   #229
sfbatman007
"TRF" Member

My take on Omega's Apollo 13, Silver Snoopy Award release.

Omega needs a watch, like the Rolex Daytona 116500, which is exciting, hard to get, and retains its value, if not doubles, in the grey/trade market.

Omega is hoping that this new Silver Snoopy Award will be their Rolex Daytona 116500LN.
It is not a limited edition, but will be limited production. Meaning Omega will control the supply and I bet a lot of it will depend on the value this watch is trading for. If it's selling for less than MSRP, Omega will pull the supply, creating artificial scarcity that will drive the price up..
It will be only sold to customers who have bought Omega's previously. Meaning many people would have to buy other Omegas just to get on the list for one, and helping Omega's overall sales. Kind of like how many people are buying Rolex's Datejusts with hopes that it will lead them to a Hulk or Pepsi, or even better a Daytona.

It can't say that is a bad move. For collectors like myself, I love the watch and can't wait to have it. Put my deposit weeks ago. I think it will go nicely with my 50th anniversary Apollo 11...and if it ends up holding it's value, in the long run, I dont mind!

What are your thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
sfbatman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 10:15 AM   #230
zuckuss86
"TRF" Member

Sorry if I missed this when I went through the entire thread....but has anyone officially confirmed this will be boutique only...or that the boutiques are just the only ones that have taken deposits?

Reason I ask is a have a good relationship with an Omega AD but none with the boutiques.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm feeling a bit of watch hysteria fatigue...In an ideal world I'd just be able to walk into an AD or boutique and buy this. I hope it's not impossible to get. I probably won't attempt to get it until next year...I hope it's not too late by then.
zuckuss86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 10:27 AM   #231
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
I put my deposit down. They required the full price plus tax. I was told I’d have one by end of year. I have zero purchase history but was told they’re going by order of deposit first come first serve. Honestly I don’t care what the resale value is this one is really really cool. Worst case it drops a few grand. Oh well!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 6 October 2020, 11:48 AM   #232
Point2Point
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbatman007 View Post
My take on Omega's Apollo 13, Silver Snoopy Award release.

Omega needs a watch, like the Rolex Daytona 116500, which is exciting, hard to get, and retains its value, if not doubles, in the grey/trade market.

Omega is hoping that this new Silver Snoopy Award will be their Rolex Daytona 116500LN.
It is not a limited edition, but will be limited production. Meaning Omega will control the supply and I bet a lot of it will depend on the value this watch is trading for. If it's selling for less than MSRP, Omega will pull the supply, creating artificial scarcity that will drive the price up..
It will be only sold to customers who have bought Omega's previously. Meaning many people would have to buy other Omegas just to get on the list for one, and helping Omega's overall sales. Kind of like how many people are buying Rolex's Datejusts with hopes that it will lead them to a Hulk or Pepsi, or even better a Daytona.

It can't say that is a bad move. For collectors like myself, I love the watch and can't wait to have it. Put my deposit weeks ago. I think it will go nicely with my 50th anniversary Apollo 11...and if it ends up holding it's value, in the long run, I dont mind!

What are your thoughts?

I think Omega’s shot at the Daytona is not this Snoopy but rather the steel caliber 321 Speedmaster. That watch will be more exclusive and much harder to buy.
Point2Point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 11:51 AM   #233
sfbatman007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Point2Point View Post
I think Omega’s shot at the Daytona is not this Snoopy but rather the steel caliber 321 Speedmaster. That watch will be more exclusive and much harder to buy.
That watch looks too similar to all the previous moon watches. Most average customers won't be able to tell the difference. 321 is for the aficionados.

This one is very distinguishable with its white dial and blue subdials.

Old 6 October 2020, 11:55 AM   #234
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
Much of what I've read today about this watch has to to with value, Rolex comparisons, etc... When I started collecting, that never crossed one's mind. You saw a watch that spoke to you and you went for it, wore it, and enjoyed it.

This watch isn't the 2015 model, it's not a Daytona, it is the latest Snoopy, likely not the last, and it's very, very cool. One either likes it for what it is, or not.

I for one like it, and look forward to when it arrives.
bonovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2020, 11:59 AM   #235
sfbatman007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonovox View Post
Much of what I've read today about this watch has to to with value, Rolex comparisons, etc... When I started collecting, that never crossed one's mind. You saw a watch that spoke to you and you went for it, wore it, and enjoyed it.

This watch isn't the 2015 model, it's not a Daytona, it is the latest Snoopy, likely not the last and it's very, very cool. One either likes it for what it is, or not.

I for one like it, and look forward to when it arrives.
As much as I agree with you, for Omega it is a business and their effort to grab the market share.

Old 6 October 2020, 12:02 PM   #236
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
As much as I agree with you, for Omega it is a business and their effort to grab the market share.

Okay, so it is. What does that matter? If you like this watch, buy it, make memories with it, enjoy it. All the other stuff today is noise.
Old 6 October 2020, 12:07 PM   #237
sfbatman007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Okay, so it is. What does that matter? If you like this watch, buy it, make memories with it, enjoy it. All the other stuff today is noise.
Why are u on this forum?

Old 6 October 2020, 12:17 PM   #238
ILuvSubs
"TRF" Member

Wow! An amazing release from Omega! Probably their best Speedmaster in a while. The new Ed White was fantastic, but the 50th Apollo XI was very underwhelming. Love everything (colour way, non-LE, even the slightly gimmicky caseback) other than the MSRP.

I think with the new Ed White 321 and this new Snoopy (and the previous releases of the Bond-related Seamaster 300s and regular Seamaster 300), there is a genuine opportunity here for Omega with the Rolex SS shortage.

It will be interesting to see how this Snoopy settles in the secondary market after the initial hype dies down.
Old 6 October 2020, 12:31 PM   #239
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Why are u on this forum?

Old 6 October 2020, 12:32 PM   #240
sfbatman007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It's a platform for discussions, sharing and others. If you have a problem with these discussions, feel free to stay out of them.