The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 8 August 2013, 10:05 PM   #1
nanagno
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665 RD
Icon4 * Issues with: STEVE MULHOLLAND - Time Vintage Rolex *

I am very frustrated and cannot really explain or justify the situation.

About a month ago ordered and paid immediately for some items, Steve was very fast in his communication, took time to send pics, he was a bit edgy as he was sending me paypal invoices without my consent, but I figured that he did that to save me time.

Anyhow...still today I haven't received any confirmation of shipping, and for the last week no reply to my emails.

He is supposed to be a trusted seller, in many forums, and for some time, so I was wondering if anyone knows if he might be sick, or something has happened to him.

I do not want to start (just not yet) the negative feedback, I am just trying to find out what is going on!
Old 8 August 2013, 10:27 PM   #2
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Hi N,

Haven't dealt with Steve.

Why not try a Forum search and see what you can come up with?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2013, 10:39 PM   #3
nanagno
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Hi N,

Haven't dealt with Steve.

Why not try a Forum search and see what you can come up with?
Did the research and guess what:

Why...Why didn't I do my research before buying
Old 8 August 2013, 10:45 PM   #4
Alanautumn
"TRF" Member

Watch: exp1 39mm
Sorry
Alanautumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2013, 10:50 PM   #5
Foxy1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Love them all
Dont know if this is any help

http://www.mulhollandtime.com/
Foxy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2013, 11:30 PM   #6
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Sorry to hear.. The guy has become a bust... Stay away !!
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2013, 11:50 PM   #7
nanagno
"TRF" Member

Paypal dispute is already open.

I shall inform you accordingly.

I have been receiving PM's from other forum members that they have also been scummed by:

STEVE MULHOLLAND - Mulholland Time Vintage Rolex @ http://www.mulhollandtime.com/ all in the last month or so!
Old 8 August 2013, 11:53 PM   #8
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Sorry to hear
Old 9 August 2013, 12:19 AM   #9
Kringkily
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster, Rolex
can't believe he is still doing this to people...
Kringkily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2013, 12:23 AM   #10
buke45
Banned

Watch: Your Butt
Yep do research first
I sorry
buke45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2013, 12:23 AM   #11
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

oh dear, another one duped - sorry
Vincent65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2013, 12:42 AM   #12
Lgear080
Banned

Wow. Can't imagine why you'd do business with Steve.
Lots of readily avail information indicating that you should
Have stayed away. Buyer def beware. He's been on the black
List for over a year.
Lgear080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2013, 12:55 AM   #13
nanagno
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgear080 View Post
Wow. Can't imagine why you'd do business with Steve.
Lots of readily avail information indicating that you should
Have stayed away. Buyer def beware. He's been on the black
List for over a year.
Unfortunately I found him through TRF old messages and then found his email through his website!

Asked if he had what I was looking for, then sent pics with prices...the rest is history!
Old 9 August 2013, 03:47 AM   #14
Grumpy Badger
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M Sub (cosc)
Terribly sorry to here this and hope something works out for you...

I've been on here for 2 1/2 years now and if asked would have thought of the top of my head that Steve was indeed a trusted seller... I've obviously missed the scandal but remember people recommending him so, like you, I might have gone on the old reputation.

Once again I hope you get satisfaction.

"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill KG, OM, CH, TD, PC, DL, FRS.
Grumpy Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2013, 08:55 AM   #15
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
I can't stand Steve, he's terrible to deal with and to think I got burned way back in the day for posting a negative about him on TRF as his rep wasn't completely ruined then.. It was an early sign to stay away I guess.

I cannot believe they still let him post over on the vintage forums..
SubKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2013, 09:24 AM   #16
TAKUYA
⭐⭐⭐⭐2024 Boutique Seller

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
why did you take to so long to open paypal dispute......... when i buy the watche i need it within 24 hours or at least 2-3 days if the deal is on weekend...... Sorry to hear that, hope you will get your money....

P.s actually i got an unlucky thing as well, bought the watch from a trusted seller (who i've been dealing with so many times), but the watch got lost somewhere by usps express mail for over 3 weeks, so now we waiting for the insurance.............

Instagram @takuyawatches
TAKUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2013, 11:15 AM   #17
Rebel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Sub 75090
Check over on VRF. He has been banned there. I hate this because I had a great transaction with him about 4 years ago. Now, .........
Old 9 August 2013, 01:04 PM   #18
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
Check over on VRF. He has been banned there. I hate this because I had a great transaction with him about 4 years ago. Now, .........
is this within the the last that he has been banned on VRF? because I just saw some stuff posted by him over there about a week ago.
He has some inserts for sale on ebay right now, I don't suppose he is going to keep his 100% feedback score for long if he pulls the same crap on there..
SubKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2013, 05:07 PM   #19
nanagno
"TRF" Member

Through a small research and various emails that I have received, there are at least another 3 persons that have been scammed over the past 3 weeks by Steve Mulholland and have just opened disputes. There are many others that did believed his excuses and unfortunately the dispute time frame had passed and now they have no insurance over Paypal.

In a few hours I shall escalate the dispute to a claim, as I left him a final chance to refund me.

I do not really believe that I will be hearing from him, any time soon as he most probably is full of guilt. It is a shame to grow a business and then throw it all away for what? a few thousand dollars? Is that how much a persons dignity is worth?

Does it have a price tag?

I do not feel bad for my decision in dealing with him, it was my choice and did what I did. I feel bad that through my research I learned a few things about his charakter, and boy have I come across a few people like that...but most of these people have a good soul, and are kind, it is their ignorance and undisciplined life that lead them there! And most of the times these people end up in the street pavement alone and cold.

Life tests you daily, or hourly or all the time...its a hard world out there and you have to prove your values every single time that they are under attack.

Most of the message above goes to Steve, and to let him know that it is never too late to come clean. I am sure that he needs help, he just only needs to ask for it!

Even if you do not have the money to refund all the people back Steve, you can come out, you will be beaten but some will understand some not. But you will feel better and realise your mistakes, then try hard with support and be a better man!
Old 9 August 2013, 06:50 PM   #20
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

'people' like that are beyond sermons like yours, sadly...
Vincent65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2013, 07:02 PM   #21
nanagno
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent65 View Post
'people' like that are beyond sermons like yours, sadly...
I do strongly believe and will do so hopefully until I die, that everyone and anyone can change. It is not a matter of sermons or whatever you want to call it, peoples' actions always have a meaning and a reason. They do not grow on trees, something somewhere got wrong, you solve that, you become a better man, and that never stops.

That is the purpose of being alive, otherwise "you rot". and since I wish no one to end up like that, that's why I disagree with you.

But my initial post is not about "MY" personal ethics, (to go back into the subject) but to warn others as much as I can about Steve, and give him a second, third etc chance.
Old 9 August 2013, 09:32 PM   #22
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanagno View Post
I am very frustrated and cannot really explain or justify the situation.

About a month ago ordered and paid immediately for some items, Steve was very fast in his communication, took time to send pics, he was a bit edgy as he was sending me paypal invoices without my consent, but I figured that he did that to save me time.

Anyhow...still today I haven't received any confirmation of shipping, and for the last week no reply to my emails.

He is supposed to be a trusted seller, in many forums, and for some time, so I was wondering if anyone knows if he might be sick, or something has happened to him.

I do not want to start (just not yet) the negative feedback, I am just trying to find out what is going on!
Trusted seller? Been banned here for quite a while and has had many issues well known for a long time now! Sorry but you probably should have done some more homework. Hope you work it out although can't say I would count on it.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2013, 09:44 PM   #23
nanagno
"TRF" Member

Since I came out in the open yesterday I have received several emails from people that have had issues with Steve in the last 3 weeks, he is still active on ebay and on his FB page and his own web page. This makes his business still active and on the loose.

Since he is banned why don't you delete all the information on TRF database that can mislead people, as when you google Steve there are several threads that appear under TRF that are praising him as an excellent seller. Thats how I was mislead in the first place through TRF. I should have continued and do more recent research but unfortunately I did not.
Old 9 August 2013, 09:50 PM   #24
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Since I came out in the open yesterday I have received several emails from people that have had issues with Steve in the last 3 weeks, he is still active on ebay and on his FB page and his own web page. This makes his business still active and on the loose.

Since he is banned why don't you delete all the information on TRF database that can mislead people, as when you google Steve there are several threads that appear under TRF that are praising him as an excellent seller. Thats how I was mislead in the first place through TRF. I should have continued and do more recent research but unfortunately I did not.
If you would have simply looked up his username you would have seen he was banned here. Banned members are anything but trusted sellers.

Again you should have done your homework and only person to blame is yourself. Live and learn....Sorry.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2013, 09:50 PM   #25
MonBK
Banned

Quote:

Can't see how you were mislead?

The very first thing that pops up about Steve when you Google him are warnings about him.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2013, 09:53 PM   #26
schinie
"TRF" Member

you all should inform the police so he cannot cheat more people in the future
schinie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2013, 09:56 PM   #27
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFan65 View Post
If you would have simply looked up his username you would have seen he was banned here. Banned members are anything but trusted sellers.

Again you should have done your homework and only person to blame is yourself. Live and learn....Sorry.
This, unfortunately.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2013, 10:07 PM   #28
nanagno
"TRF" Member

The blame is on me, I haven't and wont disagree with you in that!

The blame is always to the one that did not do enough research!
Old 9 August 2013, 10:38 PM   #29
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The blame is on me, I haven't and wont disagree with you in that!

The blame is always to the one that did not do enough research!
Sorry to hear, just saw your post but Steve has been banned here from about 12th June 2012 atleast so I would have thought any research on that would have been easy to find here. Plus you could have just asked.
We have a list of member recommended vintage sellers here which is a sticky in the vintage Rolex section http://rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32 (the latest update is the last update on the list, so you need to page through it) http://rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180461

This is the post on12th June, 2012 when he was taken off the list and banned around then too, amazes me he still does the same thing even more than a year later though we did see that coming
http://rolexforums.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=191

The current list of sellers when you page to the last page is here http://rolexforums.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=368

Wish you all the luck in your next purchase, please do ask around before you delve into vintage and vintage sellers!

Last thing I remember, I was Running outta sight
I had to find the passage back,To the place I was before.
’Relax,’ said this Rolex place,We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!
cruvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2013, 10:52 PM   #30
Kringkily
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster, Rolex
Quote:
Through a small research and various emails that I have received, there are at least another 3 persons that have been scammed over the past 3 weeks by Steve Mulholland and have just opened disputes. There are many others that did believed his excuses and unfortunately the dispute time frame had passed and now they have no insurance over Paypal.

In a few hours I shall escalate the dispute to a claim, as I left him a final chance to refund me.

I do not really believe that I will be hearing from him, any time soon as he most probably is full of guilt. It is a shame to grow a business and then throw it all away for what? a few thousand dollars? Is that how much a persons dignity is worth?

Does it have a price tag?

I do not feel bad for my decision in dealing with him, it was my choice and did what I did. I feel bad that through my research I learned a few things about his charakter, and boy have I come across a few people like that...but most of these people have a good soul, and are kind, it is their ignorance and undisciplined life that lead them there! And most of the times these people end up in the street pavement alone and cold.

Life tests you daily, or hourly or all the time...its a hard world out there and you have to prove your values every single time that they are under attack.

Most of the message above goes to Steve, and to let him know that it is never too late to come clean. I am sure that he needs help, he just only needs to ask for it!

Even if you do not have the money to refund all the people back Steve, you can come out, you will be beaten but some will understand some not. But you will feel better and realise your mistakes, then try hard with support and be a better man!
Not a few thousand from some of the people I've spoke with but in the tens of thousands in total (could be more). Most of them paid for and never received or on consignment and never paid... Still taking funds from recent victims is just mind boggling.... The story just doesn't add up as having no internet or computer access is strange even if smashed I could go to best buy and be back im business within the day. To answer new prospective buyer emails and conclude deals while conpletely ignoring past clients and asking for a little trust is even more strange. Gluck on your refund and I believe the mods leave posts as that is their policy for historical review plus the feedback is from other members and not his direct posting.
Kringkily is offline   Reply With Quote