The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 7 April 2012, 09:23 AM   #1
kxux
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT II
Omegas pulled from Tourneau in King of Prussia mall

I was in KoP today doing some LEGO shopping with my son. While there I wanted to check out Omega Speedmaster Professional, but was told by staff at Tourneau that they have been asked to remove Omegas from their display since Omega is building new Boutique across from their store that should open in about a month.

In case you wanted to shop form Omega in KoP you will need to wait or head over to their dealer in Warrington where I stopped later in the day to check out the watch. It looks very nice.

Few pictures of the Omega Boutique front in KoP - well the pretty pictures of what is the door of the construction site.

kxux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2012, 10:04 AM   #2
gwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD; 116610LN
I was there last week and sad. I wanted to try on a PO 8500 again. I'm really wanting one but will have to sell my Sub C since I'm picin up and AP soon.
gwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2012, 10:07 AM   #3
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
sign of the times.....I mean, how many Omega's can you sell in a month to cover the rent and employees

Maybe they think of it as just brand advertising...I bet there is no way they can sell 10-12 watches a month
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2012, 11:41 AM   #4
TuonoRider
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Speedmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post
sign of the times.....I mean, how many Omega's can you sell in a month to cover the rent and employees

Maybe they think of it as just brand advertising...I bet there is no way they can sell 10-12 watches a month
KOP is probably one of the wealthiest areas in the East...I would bet they will sell 10-12 a week...

I'm glad for the boutique so I can see the full range of watches and try before I buy elsewhere! :)

TuonoRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2012, 11:51 AM   #5
kxux

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuonoRider View Post
KOP is probably one of the wealthiest areas in the East...I would bet they will sell 10-12 a week...

I'm glad for the boutique so I can see the full range of watches and try before I buy elsewhere! :)

Yep that is true. KoP Tourneau does not seem to struggle. I'm glad full line up will be available closer than NYC.

Just disappointed I had to drive more to see the Speedy.
Old 7 April 2012, 11:54 AM   #6
Subfiend
"TRF" Member

Watch: Isn't it obvious?
I'm going!
Old 7 April 2012, 12:54 PM   #7
kxux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subfiend View Post
I'm going!
Don't rush there just yet ;-). Give it few weeks. They are still building it.
Old 7 April 2012, 12:57 PM   #8
InTime
Banned

hire a stud salesman who likes to small chat and give discounts and im sure u can sell more than 12/month
InTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2012, 01:26 PM   #9
Zirotti
"TRF" Member

Watch: Invicta
NorthPark here in Dallas will soon have Rolex, Panerai and Omega boutique, to go along with the Cartier one already here.

Sadly, I think the days of ADs are dwindling. More and more manufacturers are getting into the retail business so they can control brand pricing.
Zirotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2012, 11:05 PM   #10
treeinthecity
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk
They did the same thing with the Tourneau in Natick Mall in MA. Good luck trying to get a discount at the boutiques. I don't know if this is a good long term business model, at least in the US. I would not buy Omega at full retail.
treeinthecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2012, 09:49 AM   #11
kxux

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeinthecity View Post
They did the same thing with the Tourneau in Natick Mall in MA. Good luck trying to get a discount at the boutiques. I don't know if this is a good long term business model, at least in the US. I would not buy Omega at full retail.
Yes. Especially considering the regular 20+% discounts offered at ADs.
Old 8 April 2012, 10:31 AM   #12
TuonoRider
"TRF" Member

My guess is a lot of AD's will either drop the brand due to pressure from Omega or raise their price to meet the boutique price...because they'll soon realize if Omega Boutique can get full retail or maybe a +/- 5% discount, why shouldn't they raise their price and earn more profit dollars...

Many people say they'd never pay full retail for an Omega. IMO, The new Omega's are easily going to be just as attractive as a Rolex. After just buying the latest model SMP 300, It's easily worth $4400 retail compared to a Sub for what? $7500? There will always be people that don't like Omegas...

I don't know...the boutique model is a tough call. Will certainly be interesting to watch it pan out.
Old 8 April 2012, 12:14 PM   #13
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
Everytime Im in Houston Galleria I see zero people in (Omega) it.....then I walk in and cant get the women to get off the phone to see what I want.....after 2-3 mins I walk out.....last customer of the day.
I bet they dont sell 6-7 a week if that.
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2012, 01:15 PM   #14
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 DATEJUST41 Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Me!!!
Rolex are on the way also....
Old 8 April 2012, 01:17 PM   #15
TuonoRider
"TRF" Member

Great point, Greg.

Funny how it usually comes down to the sales person. Like someone posted earlier, put some people on the sales floor that know how to chat it up with people, not matter what they look like (as in, leave your pretentious attitude at home) and you will move merchandise.

I'd walk out of a store like that too...I don't mind spending money when I'm in the mood, people like that couldn't give me an Omega. OK, maybe that's stretching it a bit!
Old 9 April 2012, 02:45 AM   #16
btrizzy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxux View Post
Yes. Especially considering the regular 20+% discounts offered at ADs.
Have you considered that Omega is heading towards boutiques being the only Omega AD's?
btrizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2012, 02:59 AM   #17
azguy
Banned

Watch: ---------
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuonoRider View Post

That's 1.5 watches a day, are you kidding me there's no way an Omega Boutique sells a watch a day....first, you got zero discount, they offer a free service 5 years down the road IF YOU FINANCE with them...secondly, the prices at full retail were very high. As I was looking around, I was thinking "heck I'll just buy another Rolex" lastly, you got another nearly 6-9% in sales tax depending on where you are.

1 a day seems highly optimistic in my opinion........
azguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2012, 03:16 AM   #18
MP5
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azguy View Post
That's 1.5 watches a day, are you kidding me there's no way an Omega Boutique sells a watch a day....first, you got zero discount, they offer a free service 5 years down the road IF YOU FINANCE with them...secondly, the prices at full retail were very high. As I was looking around, I was thinking "heck I'll just buy another Rolex" lastly, you got another nearly 6-9% in sales tax depending on where you are.

1 a day seems highly optimistic in my opinion........
Exactly, fat chance these are as attractive to buyers as Rolex. No way I'm paying new omega msrp for omega. They new watches are nice but they are only nice at heavy discounts. Omega is headed for a trail full of fail IMO
MP5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2012, 03:32 AM   #19
Zirotti
"TRF" Member

Watch: Invicta
you guys do realize that there are people who buy watches outside of TRF/WUS/TZ right? lol

The MAJORITY of luxury watch buyers don't expect the kind of prices we do.
Zirotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2012, 11:13 AM   #20
TuonoRider
"TRF" Member

I'm just basing my guess on how extremely busy Tourneau shop usually is...and the last two times I was in there, they just didn't seem to be struggling to sell watches in the least bit.

I would not be surprised they could average 1 to 2 watches per day...I don't know guys, its all speculation...I could be completely wrong.
Old 9 April 2012, 01:28 PM   #21
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

You could always check out the Omegas at Govberg at their new store in that area.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2012, 01:51 PM   #22
dbphotos
"TRF" Member

Watch: your 6!
If I were the store owner, I'd be ticked that I can't keep them in my display case even before the boutique is opened.

From a business standpoint, running your own boutique is much more expensive than selling through AD's and may work in some markets, but I think it will eventually run its course in North America. I know there are all kinds of arguments about more profit when not offering discounts, but keeping a store in buisiness takes a huge investment up front and on a monthly basis. I could be proven wrong, but my guess is that 5 years from now we will see a turn back towards AD's again and boutiques will start closing.

Rolex DD YG 18238 | Rolex 1675 Pepsi | Rolex 14060 |
Rolex Vintage 6694 | Rolex TT 16013 | Tudor Tiger 79280P on Shark strap | a whole bunch of misc watches
dbphotos is offline   Reply With Quote