The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 November 2017, 04:26 AM   #31
lecorsaire
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Thank you. I ment market value. I was trying to give another example of the market setting the real world price.
Got you. In the end the market price is the price whether we agree with it or not.
Old 21 November 2017, 05:02 AM   #32
hulkalicious
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner LVC
I don't think it will go down
hulkalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2017, 05:13 AM   #33
Bok88
"TRF" Member

Supply and Demand . Haven't seen any LVc at my big AD for months now.
Bok88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2017, 08:15 PM   #34
jdlc1406
"TRF" Member

Well. I found one semi-local at an AD and drove the couple hours to get it yesterday.
jdlc1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2017, 08:27 PM   #35
Bagman
Banned

Watch: Rolex Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkalicious View Post
I don't think it will go down

Picked one up Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2017, 12:50 AM   #36
wuyeah
"TRF" Member

Robert Downey Jr not calling it "Green Money" for nothing!
wuyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2017, 01:55 PM   #37
Nycturbovr6
"TRF" Member

I would hold out a bit until after the holidays
Nycturbovr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2017, 02:22 PM   #38
WhiskeyKoffee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk 116610LV
Hey, I get the whole supply and demand thing. I do. But I also see a bigger issue. Grey market sellers have enjoyed a strong reputation here for a very long time. However, if you read the recent comments, buyers are turning on the grey market sellers, based on the grey market sellers hoarding the Hulk and selling it far over MSRP. Yes, supply and demand does matter, but so does reputation and credibility. Win the battle but lose the war. The more I see grey market sellers sell the Hulk for "only" hundreds or thousands above MSRP, the less I care to ever purchase from grey market sellers again. This includes any watch at any price.
Old 26 November 2017, 01:49 AM   #39
jdlc1406
"TRF" Member

I’m loving it :)

Got it from an AD a couple towns over for MSRP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 654E7455-DDA2-4AE5-BA64-2FBFC64E8C88.jpeg (71.6 KB, 182 views)
Old 26 November 2017, 02:05 AM   #40
stylinleems
2024 Pledge Member

I received a call yesterday from my AD stating that they received a Hulk and if I wanted it. I bought one last month so I passed, and she did mention that three other people were waiting for one. I'm glad I helped the next one on the list =)
stylinleems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2017, 03:08 AM   #41
Farsh14
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Green Sub
Put your name on as many AD lists as possible. It took me about 5 or 6 different guys before I finally got the well-timed call on a day off from work.
Farsh14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2017, 04:56 AM   #42
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyKoffee View Post
Hey, I get the whole supply and demand thing. I do. But I also see a bigger issue. Grey market sellers have enjoyed a strong reputation here for a very long time. However, if you read the recent comments, buyers are turning on the grey market sellers, based on the grey market sellers hoarding the Hulk and selling it far over MSRP. Yes, supply and demand does matter, but so does reputation and credibility. Win the battle but lose the war. The more I see grey market sellers sell the Hulk for "only" hundreds or thousands above MSRP, the less I care to ever purchase from grey market sellers again. This includes any watch at any price.

I agree wholeheartedly. The for sale section here is looking more like a black market back alley. I get the whole running a business and trying to make money but the whole "trusted" in sellers is losing it's charm real quick around here.

How can you be "trusted" if your over charging by a wide margin on a product, sure the product is authentic but I suppose that is all it means now. I think the line for a business case is being crossed and now we are just prey. The ADs will start to see a little more traffic soon. I'd rather wait, than to pay $1k extra and lose a lot of benefits of purchasing from an AD some which are silly and didn't matter when I was saving $1k but now it kind of does.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2017, 05:05 AM   #43
hitman23
"TRF" Member

I see an LV-C for sale every day here. Everybody trying to make a buck.
hitman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2017, 06:47 AM   #44
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

I remember when I purchased mine over 6 years ago. No one really liked it, now everyone scrambling
Runnin' Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2017, 06:48 AM   #45
jdlc1406
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
I remember when I purchased mine over 6 years ago. No one really liked it, now everyone scrambling
I’ve wanted one for years. Just had to save up. I still can’t stop looking at it.
Old 26 November 2017, 07:26 AM   #46
EmilA
"TRF" Member

I REALLY need to get mine out the safe when I get home. All these Hulk threads got me having withdrawal symptoms.

I was offered £600 over list for mine a few days ago, it was a no as I’m not after a profit and it’s a keeper.

If you are after one, get your name down at as many AD’s as possible. Took me less than 12 weeks to get mine
EmilA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2017, 09:55 AM   #47
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
I agree wholeheartedly. The for sale section here is looking more like a black market back alley. I get the whole running a business and trying to make money but the whole "trusted" in sellers is losing it's charm real quick around here.

How can you be "trusted" if your over charging by a wide margin on a product, sure the product is authentic but I suppose that is all it means now. I think the line for a business case is being crossed and now we are just prey. The ADs will start to see a little more traffic soon. I'd rather wait, than to pay $1k extra and lose a lot of benefits of purchasing from an AD some which are silly and didn't matter when I was saving $1k but now it kind of does.
I’d expect that the trusted sellers are themselves paying a premium to acquire many of these pieces and, even if not, paying a couple of bucks to save the hassle of calling numerous ADs to find a piece and then having to travel to collect it seems a fair trade to me. In any event, let’s hope the demand-supply situation balances out in the new year and that will bring prices back down closer to earth.
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2017, 10:04 AM   #48
10klakes
"TRF" Member

Watch: Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeykoffee View Post
hey, i get the whole supply and demand thing. I do. But i also see a bigger issue. Grey market sellers have enjoyed a strong reputation here for a very long time. However, if you read the recent comments, buyers are turning on the grey market sellers, based on the grey market sellers hoarding the hulk and selling it far over msrp. Yes, supply and demand does matter, but so does reputation and credibility. Win the battle but lose the war. The more i see grey market sellers sell the hulk for "only" hundreds or thousands above msrp, the less i care to ever purchase from grey market sellers again. This includes any watch at any price.
100%
10klakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2017, 10:37 AM   #49
WhiskeyKoffee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post

Yep. I check the "for sale" area here on a daily basis. Every time I see a "trusted seller" trying to gouge me/us by charging "only" hundreds/thousands over MSRP, I simply note the sellers name and remove him from my "trusted" list. In the last several months, I have seen one trusted seller sell his Hulk below MSRP. He is still very much on my trusted list, not only for the Hulk, but other purchases in the future.
Old 26 November 2017, 10:44 AM   #50
Lol-x
Facilitator

I paid over MSRP....but not from a retailer.

My choice to pay over MSRP was of my own free will, its just the way it is.....at least for some and for now.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2017, 10:50 AM   #51
Lol-x
Facilitator

Interesting but I don't understand how Aluminium+Gold=Green Dial???
I'm not saying I don't believe it, but I just don't understand how that can happen?????

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2017, 11:04 AM   #52
herts9
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Alchemy + magic = green

:)
herts9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2017, 01:17 AM   #53
rolexier_muizard
"TRF" Member

Watch: your back
I paid over MSRP at AD otherwise I gotta buy one more Datejust to get Hulk
rolexier_muizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2017, 08:32 PM   #54
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
I'm not saying I don't believe it, but I just don't understand how that can happen?????
I don't think it's just that simple math. When the watch came out I remember Rolex advertising the gold flakes or dust. It was mixed in to give it the radiance that the dial has.
Then a few months later all materials promoting the gold in the dial sort of withered away. Some speculate that it's because there isn't enough gold to give the dial a hallmark like the Yachtmaster's platinum dial has, which if advertising the gold with no hallmark on the back then it can have legal ramifications.
Don't know if that was the case but makes sense.
I see it similar to the era when Rolex advertised and promoted it's watches as waterproof, where now they are classified as water-resistant.

There is gold in the dial, how much and exactly what it's purpose or how the gold is used is sort of a mystery.
Gold was never suggested as a mixture in the process for creating any of the other beautiful sunburst dials. But I can say that the green seems a bit special in the extreme ways it changes color. It has magic awesome sauce, I suspect.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2017, 08:48 PM   #55
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Steve the dial is a mainly a Aluminum disc they apply a mixture of gold powder and aluminium powder to get the shade of green its very similar to PVD coating.And on the Rolex web site they did state once it was gold but it was soon removed. Because if over a certain weight and real gold because of the laws in many countries the dial would have to bare a assay hallmark if real solid gold.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder

Last edited by padi56; 24 November 2019 at 07:31 PM..
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2017, 09:27 PM   #56
yannis
"TRF" Member

Watch: maniac
Interesting info gents!

yannis is offline   Reply With Quote