"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕
Congrats very nice!
Old 2 July 2019, 09:53 AM   #32
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
Beautiful watch....congrats
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2019, 12:27 PM   #33
Zack1978
"TRF" Member

Quick question regarding the thickness of the watch.......
Will it comfortably fit under the cuff of a long sleeve dress shirt?
Zack1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2019, 02:13 PM   #34
tatery
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570 polar
Great write up op. I've wanted a Seamaster (blue) since the Brosnan era. With the way availability is on other models, I've been looking into this more. This thread may not be safe for my wallet
Old 5 July 2019, 03:21 AM   #35
Mr. Superlative
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Now
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatery View Post
Great write up op. I've wanted a Seamaster (blue) since the Brosnan era. With the way availability is on other models, I've been looking into this more. This thread may not be safe for my wallet
Ha! I know that feeling. The older we get, the faster time passes. Why not keep track of the time looking at something you love? In other words: do it! :)
Mr. Superlative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2019, 03:22 AM   #36
Mr. Superlative
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack1978 View Post
Quick question regarding the thickness of the watch.......
Will it comfortably fit under the cuff of a long sleeve dress shirt?
Yes. I wear a shirt daily, and this fits under the cuff very nicely.
Old 5 July 2019, 03:24 AM   #37
Mr. Superlative
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calh22a View Post
Congrats OP! Great write up. I’m actually in the market for one of these. One of my first nicer watches was an Omega AT. I’ve since moved to other brands including Rolex and AP, but I find myself looking to omega once again, specifically this model. I think Omega has a lot to offer.
Couldn’t agree more. As I said, I’m very much a Rolex guy, but this particular Omega just did something for me. I can’t articulate it, if you don’t understand, I can’t explain it to you. But if you do understand, oh you know exactly what I’m talking about! :)
Old 5 July 2019, 03:39 AM   #38
Mr. Superlative
"TRF" Member

Here is the latest dinner shot whilst waiting for my guest.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D3509CE0-4B9E-4A4B-AD31-708EF0AA425A.jpeg (218.8 KB, 302 views)
Old 5 July 2019, 10:12 AM   #39
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

Agree! One of my favorites. Happy 4th!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ROLEX Sea-Dweller Mk1 (126600)
ROLEX DeepSea D-Blue (136660)
OMEGA Speedmaster “Silver Snoopy Award” (310.32.42.50.02.001)
OMEGA Seamaster Diver 300M 75th Anniversary (210.30.42.20.03.003)
IWC Chronograph Top Gun Edition “Woodland” (IW389106)
Saoirse32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2019, 12:57 AM   #40
Mr. Superlative
"TRF" Member

Lovely! That picture shows just how versatile that watch is. Nice shot.
Old 9 July 2019, 06:15 AM   #41
Mr. Superlative
"TRF" Member

Got the rubber strap a couple days ago. It’s lovely, fits well and very comfortable.
Some quick shots:
Old 9 July 2019, 06:16 AM   #42
Mr. Superlative
"TRF" Member

Here:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 18311004-A860-498B-B80C-E381971AB746.jpeg (190.7 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpeg B40AB8CA-36CB-45FA-9FE7-49E35026D6F1.jpeg (177.9 KB, 299 views)
File Type: jpeg 5E316ECB-03F5-4A93-91E2-0DAFBA10F067.jpeg (223.3 KB, 292 views)
Old 14 July 2019, 05:05 PM   #43
TimeOnHand
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Air-King
Thats am amazing watch... I love it! I just can't decide between black or blue! Thanks for sharing!
Old 22 July 2019, 01:39 PM   #44
Mr. Superlative
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeOnHand View Post
Thats am amazing watch... I love it! I just can't decide between black or blue! Thanks for sharing!
No problem at all. You have a quality problem. Assuming you haven’t pulled the trigger already, try both on, one will eventually sing to you more than the other. With both being readily available, don’t rush to make a decision.
Old 22 July 2019, 04:20 PM   #45
Cdaddylutz
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
My Seamaster [pics]

Love my seamaster. I have owned it for about 6 months and Love it! in the water
Cdaddylutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2019, 04:57 PM   #46
66Berret
Banned

In love with that shot

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk
66Berret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 01:22 PM   #47
Mr. Superlative
"TRF" Member

Took a couple quick shots today, whilst wearing it at a kids theme park. I am still in love with this watch. Definitely a solid all rounder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E6924ABD-F1C3-44BF-B1C0-9A0599CD52A1.jpeg (152.8 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpeg C9692084-C434-4D73-AC11-2770DE522A76.jpeg (172.4 KB, 179 views)
Old 6 October 2020, 10:43 AM   #48
Jakx
"TRF" Member

Congratulations! It wears extremely well and the wrist shots attest to that. Plus there a ton of strap options!
Jakx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2020, 01:01 AM   #49
vianouche1
"TRF" Member

Great watch, congratulations!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
vianouche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 04:46 AM   #50
CollinVon
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
Great write up, and love the follow up! I recently purchased the white dial version, and had the same thing happen where I bought it on the bracelet and they included the strap. I've had it for just over a week and have kept it on the bracelet so far mainly because it's way more comfortable than I thought it would be!

It looks like you've had yours on rubber for a while; what are your thoughts on the difference in how it wears and overall comfort level compared to the bracelet?

PFA
CollinVon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 04:58 AM   #51
JohnGingerwood
2024 Pledge Member

Beautiful watch and pictures!
JohnGingerwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2020, 07:55 PM   #52
Rochester585
"TRF" Member

@CollinVon

i have both the bracelet and the rubber and its so hard to choose which is more comfortable.

the bracelet gets some criticism for not being tapered and for having a large clasp but i dont feel that its uncomfortable at all, and i love the quick easy adjustment capability whilst still on the wrist. anytime a watch is coming on or off a wrist is when there is potential for drops, damage etc...so its nice to put it on once and then easily adjust as you go thru the day

the rubber is supple where it needs to be and reinforced and rigid where it needs to be. it is first class and i think it speaks a lot to the design and dna of this watch that Omega took the time to engineer and develop this strap. There are people who buy and ONLY get the rubber, so its needs to be of a certain quality and design aesthetic.

you cant buy a submariner on a factory rubber strap, so that speaks to the intent of Omega on this, they took the time to make this strap quality and not an after thought

i have purchased an aftermarket rubber strap from a reputable brand that wasnt cheap, and while the quality on that strap is top notch and i think worth every penny that they charge...the factory strap is just that much better. worth the premium, and it is a PREMIUM$$$

if i wear the bracelet for a few weeks i miss the light weight and for me the careless nature of the rubber while working at my desk or hanging my arm out the window of a car, the rubber is soft and wont damage my cars or be damaged itself from my desk, keyboard, other chores

but then i wear the rubber a few weeks and i miss the luxurious and premium look and feel that i think comes with the bracelet. I really dont understand why it gets knocked for being uncomfrotable, there is enough articulation in the links by its design architecture that it very comfrotably wraps the wrist and in my opinion never feels bulky or blocky

i believe i have read every thread there is to read about rubber vs bracelet on this new seamaster and my comments here fit the trend of being non commital, both are excellent.

at the end of the day the only mistake someone can make while purchasing this newest seamaster is not purchasing on the bracelet. the rubber can be added for quite a bit less than the bracelet down the road, and like i said earlier, i went aftermarket first and that honestly would have been more than adequate, but the factory rubber is a cut above and im stubborn
Rochester585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 02:18 AM   #53
CollinVon
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester585 View Post
@CollinVon

i have both the bracelet and the rubber and its so hard to choose which is more comfortable.

the bracelet gets some criticism for not being tapered and for having a large clasp but i dont feel that its uncomfortable at all, and i love the quick easy adjustment capability whilst still on the wrist. anytime a watch is coming on or off a wrist is when there is potential for drops, damage etc...so its nice to put it on once and then easily adjust as you go thru the day

the rubber is supple where it needs to be and reinforced and rigid where it needs to be. it is first class and i think it speaks a lot to the design and dna of this watch that Omega took the time to engineer and develop this strap. There are people who buy and ONLY get the rubber, so its needs to be of a certain quality and design aesthetic.

you cant buy a submariner on a factory rubber strap, so that speaks to the intent of Omega on this, they took the time to make this strap quality and not an after thought

i have purchased an aftermarket rubber strap from a reputable brand that wasnt cheap, and while the quality on that strap is top notch and i think worth every penny that they charge...the factory strap is just that much better. worth the premium, and it is a PREMIUM$$$

if i wear the bracelet for a few weeks i miss the light weight and for me the careless nature of the rubber while working at my desk or hanging my arm out the window of a car, the rubber is soft and wont damage my cars or be damaged itself from my desk, keyboard, other chores

but then i wear the rubber a few weeks and i miss the luxurious and premium look and feel that i think comes with the bracelet. I really dont understand why it gets knocked for being uncomfrotable, there is enough articulation in the links by its design architecture that it very comfrotably wraps the wrist and in my opinion never feels bulky or blocky

i believe i have read every thread there is to read about rubber vs bracelet on this new seamaster and my comments here fit the trend of being non commital, both are excellent.

at the end of the day the only mistake someone can make while purchasing this newest seamaster is not purchasing on the bracelet. the rubber can be added for quite a bit less than the bracelet down the road, and like i said earlier, i went aftermarket first and that honestly would have been more than adequate, but the factory rubber is a cut above and im stubborn
Wow, thank you for such a comprehensive response.

I completely agree about the bracelet and the quick adjustment clasp. I have found myself using it multiples throughout each day as my wrist swells and shrinks at different times. I have relatively flat wrists so the lack of taper and the clasp size doesn't bother me at all.

I was originally only interested in the watch on the rubber, but the SA at Omega convinced me, just as you said, that the bracelet would be a much higher price if I ever wanted it down the road. Thankfully, he was able to include the rubber strap with the purchase, so it was definitely a case of best of both worlds.

I suppose the big takeaway is that I am grateful that I seem to have made the right choice by having both, and I should invest in some quality tools to be able to make the switch back and forth between the rubber and bracelet as I see fit. Historically, I do love quality rubber straps for my divers, but I am enjoying this bracelet far more than I thought I would.

Thanks again for such a great response.

Cheers!
CollinVon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2020, 05:38 AM   #54
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Effin GORGEOUS. This is the one I want as well. And I've been saying it since the watch came out and since I was able to inspect it a few times (my best friend owns one): The Submariner has ZERO, NADA, ZILCH on this Omega. Sorry. And to think you can get it at an AD immediately and with a discount is just another reason why it's better than a Rolex.

Good luck and wear it in good health.
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote