The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 July 2019, 02:15 AM   #31
mactruck
"TRF" Member

Many moons ago, I asked my boss for a raise and he said he couldn't do it, that times were tight. Well times were tight for me too so I put the Rolex on craigslist because I needed the money. Got someone wanting it immediately was conversing with him and realized it was my F*@#ING boss. Once I realized who it was, I told him he could have it for his asking price if he gave me the raise. He backed out then hit me back and said it was for a friend.

He fired me a month later. Prick.
mactruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 02:21 AM   #32
Secondchance
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexryan329 View Post
yeah actually...

While wearing my Submariner, I saw Ryan Gosling at a grocery store in Los Angeles. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
Hollywood elite....
Secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 02:43 AM   #33
ltmgeller
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex

Was cut off at 55mph on my bike. On top of multiple other injuries my left little finger was cut off to the wrist stopping at my
The only damage to the watch was a chip in the crystal.
Old 19 July 2019, 02:46 AM   #34
mudd
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma753BCE View Post
We were at a funeral when my wife turned to me and asked, “Is that a new watch? “
Similar experience here but off on a vacation. My now ex wife looked over on the plane and said you bought another one! Needless to say it was continually brought up over the vacation. Still have the watch, just traded in the wife!
mudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 02:52 AM   #35
donq
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610,1675,16030
Ate a bad oyster while wearing an oyster.

Oh the irony!
donq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 03:00 AM   #36
maxymax
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzord View Post
Only bad experience i had was on a dutch watch forum where they were overreacting and jealous about my watch collection so they attacked me. And because i was defending myself i got banned and the attackers were happy after that.

Stupid people
Wow!
maxymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 04:02 AM   #37
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexryan329 View Post
yeah actually...

While wearing my Submariner, I saw Ryan Gosling at a grocery store in Los Angeles. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
Funny story, you submit this kind of screenplay to his production company by any chance?
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 04:06 AM   #38
mactruck
"TRF" Member

When I was in college I got a ticket and had to go to traffic school and the teacher told a story of a guy in a BMW who totalled the car and lost his arm in the accident and all he was concerned about to the paramedics was where his Rolex was. She explained how dumb people are.

I thought to myself, well arms already gone might as well get the Rolex back.
mactruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 04:45 AM   #39
rolexryan329
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Funny story, you submit this kind of screenplay to his production company by any chance?
haha, found it on the internet it's a running joke
rolexryan329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 05:53 AM   #40
Wk33outlaw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhowton23 View Post
can we take a second to acknowledge this heat wave though.......
Its hot here this week for sure.
Wk33outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 05:57 AM   #41
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
It’s only rainbows and unicorns when I’m wearing mine
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 06:15 AM   #42
Roll the Lex
"TRF" Member

You wear your Rolex to go hit the bars and this happens.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...covered-729503

Note to self- AVOID any used platonas originating from Florida. Or if the guy offered it at a significant discount, would you buy it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roll the Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 06:16 AM   #43
Lumberjact
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactruck View Post
When I was in college I got a ticket and had to go to traffic school and the teacher told a story of a guy in a BMW who totalled the car and lost his arm in the accident and all he was concerned about to the paramedics was where his Rolex was. She explained how dumb people are.

I thought to myself, well arms already gone might as well get the Rolex back.

Classic!

"Onto his wrist he slipped his steel Rolex Oyster Perpetual, the 34mm model, the date window its only complication; Bond did not need to know the phases of the moon or the exact moment of high tide at Southampton. And he suspected very few people did."
Lumberjact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 06:18 AM   #44
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzord View Post
Only bad experience i had was on a dutch watch forum where they were overreacting and jealous about my watch collection so they attacked me. And because i was defending myself i got banned and the attackers were happy after that.

Stupid people
Yes that is a pretentious sh#t hole. I'm glad they are rarely seeing any activity these days.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 07:00 AM   #45
Quailhunter
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex President
Other than being turned down by a gorgeous flight attendant, nothing bad has ever happened to me whilst wearing my DayDate.
Quailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 07:07 AM   #46
Oldfellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma753BCE View Post
We were at a funeral when my wife turned to me and asked, “Is that a new watch? “
Love it.
Oldfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 07:14 AM   #47
tadbart
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060
I wore mine to work.

Work sucks. And I don't want to go anymore.
tadbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 07:53 AM   #48
TC94
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant Park View Post
Passed a kidney stone while wearing a Daytona. It was a very bad experience. Otherwise every other moment has been sheer bliss. Thanks for your concern.
That’s hilarious. I did the same thing 2 weeks ago.

Did you use the chronograph to time the passage? Hours feel like days when you pass stone. No better way to get an accurate measurement than with a chronograph.

Lost the tip of my finger in a garage door accident last December. An unexpected jam occurred while I was dressed for dinner. I took the Yachtmaster off before un-jamming it with a screwdriver, getting caught in the track and slicing off part of my left index finger and cutting the extensor tendons. So no Rolex involved in that one. Almost but not quite. It stayed in the glove box while my wife drove me to the ER because we were at our storage building when it happened.

Negative reactions from people? Never. No one ever even mentions or notices them.
TC94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 08:09 AM   #49
FloMoAggie
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN, 16710
Is that JVD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Yes

I had to leave here

FloMoAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 08:22 AM   #50
GradyPhilpott

Watch: 116710 BLNR
My bowling game went to hell in a hand-basket today while I was wearing my Explorer.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 08:25 AM   #51
Boutella
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Rhodium Sky
I learnt the hard way that my metal Rimowa luggage and my Rolex GMT Root Beer couldn't be friends.
Boutella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 08:27 AM   #52
Bryant Park
Banned

TC94 "Did you use the chronograph to time the passage? Hours feel like days when you pass stone. No better way to get an accurate measurement than with a chronograph. "

I am happy to report I produced a healthy 5mm girl stone I named Sharon. Wow did that hurt. Wife kept telling me, it's supposed to be "almost" as bad as childbirth. I don't recall my kids having sharp and jagged heads:).

Sorry to hear about the finger! Stay healthy!!
Bryant Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 09:22 AM   #53
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
Yes! Two weeks ago I tried to open a large glass door at a car dealership and let’s just say I was moving faster than the door wanted to go. Thus my face met glass as did the bezel and crown of my BLRO. The edge of the glass door grazed my watch scratching the steel on the bezel just to the left of 12 o clock which happened to be rotated to the crown. The damn door literally sheared off the edges of the ridges on the top of the crown. Luckily though, it wasn’t the case, and all can be repaired at service if I do choose
airchitect is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 10:00 AM   #54
FloridaSam
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16013
Harambe was murdered while I was wearing my Datejust. Just horrible. HORRIBLE.
FloridaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 10:06 AM   #55
Todd Turbo S
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP, Rolex, PAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by returntorolex View Post
I played the lottery once wearing my SD43.

Worst. Experience. Ever.
Lol
Todd Turbo S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 10:21 AM   #56
sillo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5 Digit
A bird took a crap on me one time

@TheGMTHand
sillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 11:20 AM   #57
SJC
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD-Blue 126660
Was wearing my TT sub in Best Buy. A good looking woman complimented me on the "handsome watch." In the next breath, she asked if it is an actual woman's watch. I said, "No, it is a popular mens' Rolex dive watch." (to which she said it just looked small) (I thought... Are we still talking watch here?) It's a 40mm sub for heaven's sake. This whole single ordeal has me wanting to sell the sub and get the TT Seadweller.
SJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 11:27 AM   #58
M45
Banned

I had raging diarrhea on a flight from AKL to LAX.
M45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 11:48 AM   #59
c41006
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pelagos
Quote:
Originally Posted by M45 View Post
I had raging diarrhea on a flight from AKL to LAX.

Sounds like a nightmare...
c41006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2019, 12:13 PM   #60
TC94
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant Park View Post
TC94 "Did you use the chronograph to time the passage? Hours feel like days when you pass stone. No better way to get an accurate measurement than with a chronograph. "

I am happy to report I produced a healthy 5mm girl stone I named Sharon. Wow did that hurt. Wife kept telling me, it's supposed to be "almost" as bad as childbirth. I don't recall my kids having sharp and jagged heads:).

Sorry to hear about the finger! Stay healthy!!
You got me beat. I measured it in CT and when I passed it. Just under 3mm. My 6th stone in 30 years but my 2nd in last 14 months. I’ve passed all of them in less than 8 hours. Last year was on a cruise ship leaving Aruba and felt the “uh oh, here comes a stone” feeling.

Started hurting at 1 am and woke up 6 am with no more pain for the rest of the trip. Visit sick bay on a cruise ship sometime. It isn’t a pleasant experience. I’m screaming for drugs and they’re trying to take a 40 yr medical history from me.

Later in the day noticed 2 stones and a blood clot in the urinals. Didn’t measure those.

The finger was a “stupid penalty.” I knew better, got in a hurry and didn’t wear work gloves. I knew where the pressure was and what was going to happen. I didn’t anticipate getting flung into it that fast.

Life lessons. More water and more work gloves.
TC94 is offline   Reply With Quote