The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 27 June 2012, 03:25 AM   #31
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Watch: If you wish...
Awful story Michael, I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad experience! Needless to say I'll avoid this place if I ever go to Manhattan (or I may just go in for the trip...now that would be a good story to tell! ).
On va hisser le drapeau blanc un point c'est tout.

- André Fortin
FeelingTheBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2012, 03:26 AM   #32
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle L View Post
Had a similar experience and I posted in your other thread... Their reviews here are obviously made up:

http://newyork.citysearch.com/profil..._exchange.html

It's nice to look at their store window but I wouldn't go in.
Clearly made up, are they really trying to make us believe four customers gave them feedback the same day?

- André Fortin
Old 27 June 2012, 04:15 AM   #33
SPARTAN2161
Banned

Watch: me flip
Quote:
Originally Posted by ev8296 View Post
i would've filled out the form like this

name: herman monster
1313 mocking bird lane
whatcha talkingabout, ny 16570

then i'd ask to see every watch in the case and ask him if thay where authentic. i'm sure he would of thrown me out. LOL
SPARTAN2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2012, 04:25 AM   #34
xhype
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT II 16710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
Sounds like an absolute nightmare visit, however, he is right, the 5513 is a Bond watch, worn by both George Lazenby and much more famously by Roger Moore, equiped with a magnet and a buzzsaw bezel.
THE WATCH HE SHOWED ME WAS A 5513 LOOKED REALLY BAD THEN BROUGHT OUT A 1680 AND A AND CALLED IT A JAMES BOND
xhype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2012, 04:34 AM   #35
Twsns

Watch: 5513
The guy who owns it is super aggressive. I was looking at a 5513 they had, and he kept pushing me to purchase it via an installment plan, which I gather probably had an interest rate attached to it. I wasn't interested to begin with because the price was astronomical, and also the watch wasn't a great example of something you would pay that much for. If you're shopping for vintage in NYC, avoid this place they're are plenty better places to go.
Twsns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2012, 04:37 AM   #36
xhype
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twsns View Post
The guy who owns it is super aggressive. I was looking at a 5513 they had, and he kept pushing me to purchase it via an installment plan, which I gather probably had an interest rate attached to it. I wasn't interested to begin with because the price was astronomical, and also the watch wasn't a great example of something you would pay that much for. If you're shopping for vintage in NYC, avoid this place they're are plenty better places to go.
yup
Old 27 June 2012, 04:40 AM   #37
Twsns

Watch: 5513
Go to see John at 70 Bowery or George at Tempus Fvgit 40 W 25th st. They are good guys and have a nice selection of vintage Rolexes.
Twsns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2012, 04:48 AM   #38
xhype
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twsns View Post
go to see john at 70 bowery or george at tempus fvgit 40 w 25th st. They are good guys and have a nice selection of vintage rolexes.
i'll visit there tomorrow before i go to the panerai cocktail party
Old 27 June 2012, 05:23 AM   #39
Zerodesign
"TRF" Member

xhype, panerai party? my ears just perked up. where / when / how?
Zerodesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2012, 05:29 AM   #40
kyle L
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twsns View Post
Go to see John at 70 Bowery or George at Tempus Fvgit 40 W 25th st. They are good guys and have a nice selection of vintage Rolexes.
+1, John is a good guy!
kyle L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2012, 05:46 AM   #41
xhype
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodesign View Post
xhype, panerai party? my ears just perked up. where / when / how?
it's strictly by invitation only it you want you can see if there is a spot still open
Old 27 June 2012, 06:16 AM   #42
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhype View Post
THE WATCH HE SHOWED ME WAS A 5513 LOOKED REALLY BAD THEN BROUGHT OUT A 1680 AND A AND CALLED IT A JAMES BOND
You have me confused... in your original post you said he brought out the 5513 and said it was the James Bond watch that left you
rr-nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2012, 12:42 PM   #43
Grandslamsuperjam
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc
Steer clear of that dump!

I had an unpleasant experience there as well. Went in and asked about a "fat lady" 16760 which he says he has in the back. Kept me waiting and waiting during a lunch hour as more people are coming into the store asking about batteries and band changes. The place probably has a max capacity for 3-4 customers. I didn't want to wait any longer and asked to be buzzed out. The guy manning the door the says no. I gave him a " F's is your problem look", then he calls out to Lee, the owner who comes out with a 16710 and calls it a "fat lady". As I'm looking at the 16710 stamped on the case in bewilderment, a call comes in, and the young lady who answers the phone fields a question from someone asking if they buy historical documents. I'm asking myself what kinda documents are being offered, when Lee screams out, we buy anything of "value". The young lady politely conveys this the caller and comes back with another question to Lee on how much would it be worth. He answers with Bruce Lee reflexes of $4000.00!! I'm stunned! Should I return with my signed program from the Lieuentant Governor of Delaware and collect my four grand? I wasn't sure how he sustains the ADHD pace of this circus. But I am sure at this point I'm though with this terrible experience, and tell him his "fat lady" is neither fat nor a lady (I didn't actually say that, I was in 'fight or flight' mode at this point and could not of come up with such non-essential survivor humor. I just needed to get the hell out of there. Finally got buzzed out by the sandwich munching ex-commando. I saw sunshine and bolted east....and never turned back.

I felt bad for the very nice young lady who works there and hope she finds a better working environment. If any TRF members come across this joint, DONT BUZZ IN! Just look at the window display, cause there ain't nothing beyond that pane of glass that you'll want or need from there.

I'll keep getting my thrills here on TRF. Thank you TRF!
Grandslamsuperjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2012, 07:50 PM   #44
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
What a nightmare. Sounds like a little shop of horrors...
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2012, 10:37 PM   #45
xhype
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandslamsuperjam View Post
Steer clear of that dump!

I had an unpleasant experience there as well. Went in and asked about a "fat lady" 16760 which he says he has in the back. Kept me waiting and waiting during a lunch hour as more people are coming into the store asking about batteries and band changes. The place probably has a max capacity for 3-4 customers. I didn't want to wait any longer and asked to be buzzed out. The guy manning the door the says no. I gave him a " F's is your problem look", then he calls out to Lee, the owner who comes out with a 16710 and calls it a "fat lady". As I'm looking at the 16710 stamped on the case in bewilderment, a call comes in, and the young lady who answers the phone fields a question from someone asking if they buy historical documents. I'm asking myself what kinda documents are being offered, when Lee screams out, we buy anything of "value". The young lady politely conveys this the caller and comes back with another question to Lee on how much would it be worth. He answers with Bruce Lee reflexes of $4000.00!! I'm stunned! Should I return with my signed program from the Lieuentant Governor of Delaware and collect my four grand? I wasn't sure how he sustains the ADHD pace of this circus. But I am sure at this point I'm though with this terrible experience, and tell him his "fat lady" is neither fat nor a lady (I didn't actually say that, I was in 'fight or flight' mode at this point and could not of come up with such non-essential survivor humor. I just needed to get the hell out of there. Finally got buzzed out by the sandwich munching ex-commando. I saw sunshine and bolted east....and never turned back.

I felt bad for the very nice young lady who works there and hope she finds a better working environment. If any TRF members come across this joint, DONT BUZZ IN! Just look at the window display, cause there ain't nothing beyond that pane of glass that you'll want or need from there.

I'll keep getting my thrills here on TRF. Thank you TRF!

what this guy says is very true when i was there he asked the young lady how much do you think its worth lol she says maybe $3000 he asked make sure did you asked him bla bla bla she say no, he say com'om these are things you have to ask..... she comes back now the price drops $1000 lol.
Old 28 June 2012, 06:12 AM   #46
TakesALickin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko SBDX001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
Sounds like an absolute nightmare visit, however, he is right, the 5513 is a Bond watch, worn by both George Lazenby and much more famously by Roger Moore, equiped with a magnet and a buzzsaw bezel.
I'd always thought Lazenby wore a Rolex chrono, but when I checked "Watches In Movies" (a danged good reference run by my friend James Enloe), it confirmed what you said. Amazing what you can learn on this forum!
Old 7 October 2013, 03:30 AM   #47
michael57
"TRF" Member

Plaza 57 is the best place to buy Rolex Watches including Patek Philippe, Audemars!

I love this place and I have been there customer for long long time. I disagree with the fact that mike presented here because everybody knows that you cannot have somebody locked in without your consent. Its just sounds impractical. I bought many watches over the years. I have Rolex Submariner, Yacht-master and other brands for my wife.I did buy a Patek Philippe Calatrava once and trade-in back with a new Audemars Piguet Royal Oak chronograph and it was a best deal.

I recommend everybody who love watches and other collectible items.

Thanks
michael57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2013, 03:57 AM   #48
Sunny Arizona
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael57 View Post
I love this place and I have been there customer for long long time. I disagree with the fact that mike presented here because everybody knows that you cannot have somebody locked in without your consent. Its just sounds impractical. I bought many watches over the years. I have Rolex Submariner, Yacht-master and other brands for my wife.I did buy a Patek Philippe Calatrava once and trade-in back with a new Audemars Piguet Royal Oak chronograph and it was a best deal.

Thanks
MMMMMMMM............WELCOME TO TRF. I see you joined today....how interesting
Sunny Arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2013, 04:13 AM   #49
Rags
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16233,16610,214270
Quote:

Thanks
Hmmmm I smell something rotten with this post.

114300 Oyster Perpetual
76200 Tudor Date+Day
Rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2013, 04:16 AM   #50
tyrone
"TRF" Member

And his name just happens to be Michael "57"

LOL
tyrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2013, 04:18 AM   #51
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:

Thanks
Sounds more like you're the owner or an employee.
Old 7 October 2013, 04:31 AM   #52
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
Sounds more like you're the owner or an employee.
What makes you say that Paulie? Can't a man just casually bump a year old thread bashing a very rude watches dealer who sells overpriced products in order to say he has bought a lot of pieces from him and that he was very satisfied? What's so shady about that?

- André Fortin
Old 7 October 2013, 04:31 AM   #53
Oryx
"TRF" Member

Plaza 57 is one unnerving experience - seems to always be quite busy. I remember being locked in and having to wait a minute before I could get out.
Oryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2013, 04:38 AM   #54
threemonkeys
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTIIc, AK, LVc
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelingTheBlues View Post
What makes you say that Paulie? Can't a man just casually bump a year old thread bashing a very rude watches dealer who sells overpriced products in order to say he has bought a lot of pieces from him and that he was very satisfied? What's so shady about that?
This is funny, my Canadian friend.
threemonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2013, 04:43 AM   #55
mrhy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi GMT
His whole operation is not kosher.When I didn't want to pay 8000 for a pepsi GMT,he said he would be glad to overhaul my subLV for only $50,I wonder why?
mrhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2013, 04:45 AM   #56
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Shady before and now even more shady, shady squared.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2013, 04:48 AM   #57
Trouble15
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Shady before and now even more shady, shady squared.

Couldn't agree more....

Thanks for the heads up about this place, will not be setting foot in there ever.
Trouble15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2013, 05:23 AM   #58
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelingTheBlues View Post
I'm no Dick Tracy Carl my man but if it walks like a ducking talks likes duck, it sure as heck isn't a platypus

Last edited by mailman; 7 October 2013 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: Spelling error
mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2013, 05:26 AM   #59
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thanks
Michael, welcome to TRF and thank you for the recommendation.

I visited your store when I was in NYC several years ago and like you I was a customer for a long long time. The length of my stay was entirely due to the impractical sounding door that somehow wouldn't open!

Thanks for resurrecting this thread, as when I clicked on the link on the first page and compared the linguistics of your post with the glowing references there were a remarkable number of similarities.

In terms of the bold text above, I recommend everybody who love watches and other collectible items give this place a miss
stevedssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2013, 05:53 AM   #60
r-sj-lex

Quote:

Thanks
how stupid can you be
r-sj-lex is offline   Reply With Quote