The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 7 October 2013, 06:10 AM   #61
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
Sounds like a nightmare place - who would go near it!
strafer_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2013, 06:20 AM   #62
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael57 View Post
I recommend everybody who love watches and other collectible items.

Thanks
I also recommend everyone who loves watches. Salt of the Earth.
Welshwatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2013, 06:36 AM   #63
MitchSteel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage Rolex
Quote:
I love this place and I have been there customer for long long time. I disagree with the fact that mike presented here because everybody knows that you cannot have somebody locked in without your consent. Its just sounds impractical. I bought many watches over the years. I have Rolex Submariner, Yacht-master and other brands for my wife.I did buy a Patek Philippe Calatrava once and trade-in back with a new Audemars Piguet Royal Oak chronograph and it was a best deal.

I recommend everybody who love watches and other collectible items.
Never been there, nor, are the chances I ever will.But reading testimonials from reputable members here, I gotta say, something doesn't add up.To me, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......well it's a duck.
MitchSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2013, 06:44 AM   #64
MonBK
Banned

I've been to his store and trust me it's a duck.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2013, 06:53 AM   #65
motoikkyu
"TRF" Member

When the selection of comparatively hard-to-find timepieces is that extensive, and anyone who has passed the Plaza Galleries will attest, there are a lot of watches, there must be a reason. Either the shop has a very gifted and resourceful set of buyers OR the prices are exorbitant and nothing is leaving the shop. The customers who have commented in this thread are offended by the New York style of aggression and security: these are less reprehensible than the bad deals and criminal attitude. If you want a nice watch, you sometimes have to put up with some 'tude and some inconvenience. You may receive nearly the same level of abuse at J & P Time over on 2nd: they were subject of a thread back in 2009. Again, some items there you won't see elsewhere, but why spend three times market value? I think these groups make their money on visitors to New York who aren't 100% on the local currency. I think most New Yorkers (and heretics like me) tend to avoid them.
motoikkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2013, 08:00 PM   #66
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSteel View Post
Never been there, nor, are the chances I ever will.But reading testimonials from reputable members here, I gotta say, something doesn't add up.To me, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......well it's a duck.
Reputable members? Here?

AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2013, 11:51 AM   #67
Wacker23
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex sub
Michael57 lololol what a funny guy.
Wacker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2013, 12:18 PM   #68
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Thanks Michael57, if you hadn't bumped this thread back up, I would never have seen it. You've saved me and many other forum members some grief, by the sounds of it. Will steer clear of the place when I visit NYC, despite your kind advice.
Old 8 October 2013, 07:50 PM   #69
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
I no Dick Tracy Carl my man but if it walks like a ducking talks likes duck, it sure as heck isn't a platypus

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 October 2013, 12:13 AM   #70
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Thanks Michael57, if you hadn't bumped this thread back up, I would never have seen it. You've saved me and many other forum members some grief, by the sounds of it. Will steer clear of the place when I visit NYC, despite your kind advice.
Perfect,
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2017, 06:44 AM   #71
csfischer20
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
I went in there in January and he was unreasonable. That many watches in one place is a sight to see, but that was the only value I got. He tried to sell me a refinished dial datejust where one of the coronet points was crooked. Not just a little either, I didn't have a loupe on hand and could see it. Every watch I was actually interested in, he had a story of why it was priced so high and how special it was. No box sets. No papers. We are talking DJ here too. I wasn't looking for a special watch. I left after a while because he didn't seem to care if he made a deal for anything. I'm actually not sure what his purpose is. They still make you write down what you want with your info on a paper. My opinion is that it's worth seeing all that stuff in one place at one time if you have time to kill, but other than that... he's a joke and really doesn't want to sell anything.
csfischer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2017, 09:41 AM   #72
ncaffrey_watch
"TRF" Member

My friend left a deposit for a watch but after I did my research (Yelp, and here) I am really worried.

And everything everybody has been saying about the "customer sign in sheet" and not being able to be buzzed out is true.

Any advice?
ncaffrey_watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2017, 07:26 AM   #73
zfkta
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaffrey_watch View Post
My friend left a deposit for a watch but after I did my research (Yelp, and here) I am really worried.

And everything everybody has been saying about the "customer sign in sheet" and not being able to be buzzed out is true.

Any advice?
Did you poor friend end up buying from him?
zfkta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2017, 11:05 AM   #74
riesco
"TRF" Member

Passed by their store once last month and thought the store looked interesting from the outside. It was filled with lots of interesting watches.

Today, I went in, and the experience was ridiculous. Some old guy rudely directed me to some younger guy. The guy had an attitude and did not know anything about watches. He started interrogating me and asking for my personal information. I told right away, that I did not want to give him any of my information.

I asked to see two watches--both were ridiculously overpriced. At that point, I was done. I tried to leave, but the door was locked. I asked the guy to let me out. He said that he has to buzz me out and walks away to the back. The old guy comes back and start trying to sell me watches again. I told him I was not interested. He started asking for my information, phone number, email, etc. I had to raise my voice and tell the clown to open the door. I almost lost it.

He buzzed me. All along the button for the door was right where the younger guy was.

I hope other people read these reviews and never go there.
riesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2019, 08:43 AM   #75
Craigdwh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet Type XXI
Lol I just experienced the same thing many of you have already posted. My polite Canadian demeanour had to take the back seat for about 25 seconds. During this time I told Lee how I felt about his ridiculous prices and strategy of trying to force me to make an offer while restricting my ability to exit his store.

$8900 for a Tudor big block. Lmao. I couldn’t run fast enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Where's the nearest bridge"?
Craigdwh is offline   Reply With Quote