The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 28 November 2017, 11:45 PM   #1
Paul D Daniels
"TRF" Member

David M Robinson - Canary Wharf

Hi,

I'm in London next month on business and plan to purchase either a Rolex or Tudor whilst there. I usually visit the dealers in and around Bond Street or Mappin and Webb in the City of London.

A colleague suggested I visit DMR Canary Wharf and I just wanted to check if anyone had any opinions on using this AD? Any advise appreciated.

Paul D Daniels
Paul D Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2017, 12:05 AM   #2
swisscheeses
Banned

The BEST UK Rolex dealer I've had the pleasure of. Purchased my Air King a few months ago, they didn't have in stock, but got me one 3 days later! The normally have a few of the standard S/S in the window, Explorers, Millgauss etc... The staff are VERY friendly, can't recommend them enough... Michael who dealt with me is top chap!
swisscheeses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2017, 01:53 AM   #3
Muff.Taggart
"TRF" Member

DMR - Canary Wharf

Got to agree.

I was working in the UK and needed a particular model and configuration which I knew was difficult to source. No other dealership seemed that interested but I was lucky enough to be advised by Melanie who sourced the exact model for me, though slightly longer than 3 days :-)

All staff members I met were top draw, but Melanie really pulled out all the stops especially as she knew I had to fly back to Oz so had a limited window of opportunity to make the sale.

She is also expert on reclaiming the tax on exiting the UK which along with the present value of sterling made the transaction all that sweeter.

MT
Muff.Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2017, 09:32 PM   #4
Stuart Gilmore
"TRF" Member

DMR - Canary Wharf

I have never made a purchase at David Robinson so cannot really comment on the sale and post sales experience. On the occasions I have visited their Canary Wharf store I have always found the staff to be extremely courteous and knowledgeable on their entire range.

I find the showroom to be more spacious than others in the wharf which lends itself to a more relaxed and refined viewing experience.

No one in particular stands out as all staff were excellent but my wife was full of praise for the blonde lady who works there - apparently her advise was excellent - sorry, I cannot remember anyone's name.

Stuart
Stuart Gilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2017, 01:46 AM   #5
Steve Tyler
"TRF" Member

I am currently reviewing Rolex models for a purchase I plan to make in Q1 2018. I had read the recommendations and as I am based at Liverpool St I popped down one lunch time and I made two observations.

First and foremost the products they carry are limited when compared to the various Rolex flagship stores especially the Bond Street store and the range at carried at Harrods and Selfridges. I am looking for a particular high end model so perhaps I should not find this surprising.

I was however impressed by the relaxed and slightly informal layout of the showroom which made viewing a pleasure. I was assisted by Mel Ricks (I have her card here) who I think a previous poster referred to. Certainly her knowledge is excellent and the follow up emails kept me informed of her progress in attempting to locate the model I require. I am placing an order with a competitor who to be frank are undeserving compared to the staff at this store whom I feel are let down by their board of directors. Given additional support I am sure they would excel.

I would highly recommend this store and its staff, well worth a visit when considering purchase.

ST
Steve Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2017, 08:58 PM   #6
Larry De Verne
"TRF" Member

This store happens to be the nearest to me as my office is directly above. I know the staff very well, all of whom are excellent. On several occasions I have been assisted by Melanie in choosing the correct gift for female members of my family as I found her advice and opinion invaluable. Having a glass of fizz at the end of the transaction is such a very nice touch.
Larry De Verne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2018, 07:03 AM   #7
Claude Montana
"TRF" Member

If not the best showroom in London, certainly in the top 3. Just to echo what has already been written and Mel is always a terrific help, nothing seems to phase her and her professionalism is always 100%. Such a pity the store is not located in Frankfurt-Am-Main.

Happy New Year to all the staff.
Claude Montana is offline   Reply With Quote