The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: NON-ROLEX watches

Old 11 March 2015, 03:12 AM   #1
woodwkr2

FS: Vintage Blancpain Aqua Lung, Fifty Fathoms Dive Watch. Gorgeous Bezel & Lume Svcd

Maker: Blancpain
Case: Stainless steel screw back case. Case is in original condition and has likely never been polished.
Rotating diver’s bezel with original bakelite insert; no cracks. Caseback number 1018**. The Fifty Fathoms models have become so expensive in the past few years. These sweet 37mm civilian pieces remain relatively affordable, though their value is following the same trends as they are snapped up by collectors world wide.

Crown: Correct, original unsigned crown
Dial: Factory finished dial is a real beauty with aged lume, and date display at 3 O'clock. Signed ”Swiss Made T<25MC” at 6 O’Clock. The black dial is aged, not flawless, but in all original condition. These photos were only edited to correct brightness and clean up the background. There is an area of varnish loss on the left hand side of the dial between ~7:30 and 9 O'Clock that does not show up well in the pictures. You can spot it if you really look, so I'm making certain to point it out.

Original lume in silver handset with some light oxidation consistent with age.
Crystal: Recently polished crystal.
Movement: Automatic winding, A. Schild 1700/01 17 Jewel movement. Automatic rotor signed Blancpain Rayville S.A.

My master watchmaker has performed a full inspection and servicing on this watch. The watch was completely disassembled, the appropriate parts were cleaned in the ultrasonic and then oiled using the finest quality Swiss Moebius oils. The mainspring was replaced. It was regulated and is keeping good time.

This watch is no longer water resistant, and should be kept dry.
Dimensions: 42mm x 37 mm without crown; 40mm with crown. 19 mm strap.
Band: Pictured on a genuine Swiss made Tropic dive strap. This watch also looks amazing on a black Horween shell strap. Add $75 to switch the Tropic strap for a Horween shell strap of your choosing.
Shipping: Domestic shipping Fedex Overnight, fully insured. International orders, will ship via Fedex International.
Payment: Check or Bank Wire only (many references are available).
Inspection: I adhere to the customary three day inspection period. That is, once you receive the watch, you have three days to check it out, try it on, impress your friends, etc. You can contact me at any time in those three days and return it--for any reason--in the same way that it was shipped to you. I'll inspect it on receipt and if everything's the same as when I sent it, you'll get an immediate refund minus any shipping costs or payment fees I incurred.
Price: $9850 USD
woodwkr2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aqualung , blancpain , diver , fifty fathoms , vintage