The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 30 June 2021, 01:45 AM   #1
EfraM12
"TRF" Member

Rolex Tudor Oyster Prince redial and restoration!

Hello everybody, after a few years I decided to rejoin the watch obsession.
In 2018, my father gifted to me a Tudor watch. I knew nothing about it, and in this forum I learned that was a Tudor Oyster Prince, ref. 7995, Tudor Caliber 2483 (not sure about the mechanism). Sadly, it was redialed. And that is what I wanna do.
My question is, how can I found the original design?
And in that case, should I take to a watchmaking and tell him to redial it?
Or should I buy a new dial? taking into consideration that it's a watch from 1965-1969
Any response would be helpful. I'll leave the photos attached. 
Thank you everybody and greetings from Argentina!

20181023_185210-01.jpg
20181023_185214-01.jpg
20210629_115540.jpg
20210629_115623.jpg
20210629_115718.jpg
EfraM12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2021, 04:32 AM   #2
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

It would probably just be easier and cheaper to find another dial. You wont find a new dial unless its aftermarket. The dial is probably already aftermarket and isnt an original repaint as well as the hands. The bracelet is a much later add on and does not have the correct end links for that case. It should have either 57, 357 or 557 end links for that case. The dial, hands and bracelet were probably all swapped out at the same time later in the watches life.
The Tudor 7995 is a common reference and you should be able to find original used parts online for it.
Old 30 June 2021, 06:46 AM   #3
EfraM12
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
It would probably just be easier and cheaper to find another dial. You wont find a new dial unless its aftermarket. The dial is probably already aftermarket and isnt an original repaint as well as the hands. The bracelet is a much later add on and does not have the correct end links for that case. It should have either 57, 357 or 557 end links for that case. The dial, hands and bracelet were probably all swapped out at the same time later in the watches life.
The Tudor 7995 is a common reference and you should be able to find original used parts online for it.
Nay thanks for your response. I found that the bracelet it's from february 1995 and the serial number of the watch starts 535XXX, so it's from 1967.
I'll take to the watchmaker. It's also has a 4.0ms beat error.
Old 30 June 2021, 06:55 AM   #4
EfraM12
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
Thank you very much. I checked and its serial starts with 535XX (so the watch is from 1966/7) and the bracelet is from 1995.
Wich end link is the correct? and where do you suggest me to look for?
Old 30 June 2021, 08:58 AM   #5
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfraM12 View Post
Thank you very much. I checked and its serial starts with 535XX (so the watch is from 1966/7) and the bracelet is from 1995.
Wich end link is the correct? and where do you suggest me to look for?
For that date range, 57 would be a correct end link but the later bracelet you could use any one of the three