The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 13 April 2010, 04:35 AM   #1
emergant
"TRF" Member

Help A Newbie

Couple of weeks ago my dad said he wanted a rolex but didnt want to pay new prices. He knew I'd used ebay and wanted some help. I had no real interest in getting a rolex for myself until I started looking... :)

So here I am close to buying a rolex yachtmaster for £4k from www.watches.co.uk for myself I've advised my father to be extremely careful with rolex and ebay. I'm confident in my abillity generally to spot an ebay scam but not where fake watches are concerned and reckon we're better off with a dealer even if its one one ebay but probably better off

So I'd like to hear from anyone whose dealt with watches.co.uk and been happy or not. I've done a search and found a couple of mentions but not many.

Its a great deal of money and dont want to be an idiot so I'm asking the experts.

Apparrently I cant pay by phone. I can do a bank transfer with absolutely no payment protection, or pay 2% extra to use my CC online once they send me a password. Seems kind of odd really
emergant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2010, 04:43 PM   #2
mcjp6
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513s
Not heard of that website but they appear to have a physical location and all the correct details on their website.

Is it not possible that you could go there? If you did go with them I would be paying the 2%/ £160 and pay via CC for peace of mind, at least that way you have some protection.

Others from the UK may jump in and comment. Best of luck and welcome to TRF...
mcjp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2010, 07:48 PM   #3
BASSETHOUNDS
Banned

Watch: 116520/660/710/334
X2 , there is enough info provided on their website enabling you to do a background check . I would agree with Michael and pay them a visit . You are looking at quite an investment , well worth the trip .
BASSETHOUNDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2010, 09:38 PM   #4
TheBluePrince
"TRF" Member

Buy with confidence from that site, 100% safe, respected and trustworthy
TheBluePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2010, 09:57 PM   #5
idk01
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ16233TT
Hi emergant,

Welcome to TRF

I have relatives and friends in the UK that have purchased from watches.co.uk, I'll have to check if they purchased online or a personal visit, which ever it was the transactions were hassle free :-)

All the best with your future purchase, hey check out the for sale section here, we have some great seller here

Have a good one,

idk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2010, 03:57 AM   #6
emergant
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the help. I'm probably not going to be able to get there in person. But I agree about paying by CC if I go ahead. £80 is a small sum out of £4k.

I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Its al least good to see a couple of people who have knowledge of the site :)
Old 3 May 2010, 08:08 AM   #7
emergant
"TRF" Member

Just an update to let you know where we're at.

Watches.co.uk werent terribly good on the comms side of things. I wrote to them via their site and entered into a dialog. Couple of days later said I'd buy it only to be told it was on hold for someone else. They did not see fit to tell me this earlier, said theyd contact me that afternoon with news but didnt until next morning.. I'd actually thought it was on hold for me. In the meantime I decided that the full size yachtmaster was too big for my puny wrist :) So alls for the best I guess. Nothing happened which would stop me dealing with them in the future though.

I ended up with a gray two tone thunderbird from Watchfinder which I'm very happy with. Not a perfect transaction as the advert stated it was black. However I'm pleased with it and they would have taken it back if I wasnt. I'm a little disappointed with its accuracy. Over seven days it gained just about a minute. When I checked the first couple of days it was about 7 secs a day which is on the edge of the spec. reset it on saturday and its gained about 6/7 secs. Do you think this is too bad or am I obsessing? Perhaps I'll get it callibrated one day. Its a Dec 2006 model.

Now to my Dad. He's ordered a Daytona two tone white dial. Still waiting on that one :) It looks like a great watch. Buying from Second Time Around.

Mark