The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 April 2020, 12:54 AM   #31
Aberdein
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1982 GMT 16750Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
I’m having a hard time sleeping, anxiety in and out most of the day, worry about my kids and home schooling, my small Business generating no income since this started... oh and of course living near what is basically the global epicenter of this virus that I’m starting to see kill people I care about.

Signing onto TRF, reading about watches, celebrating incomings and generally hearing the latest news in the watch world has been a fantastic distraction for me.

So please don’t act like you’re above all this watch talk cause there are more concerning things happening in the world.

Sorry to be such a downer everyone, but this is a watch forum. The right place to be concerned about watches.
Fully agree with you.
We in the UK see what is happening in NY on the BBC so take care and stay healthy...
Aberdein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2020, 02:24 AM   #32
Meyrin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 14060
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
I certainly agree that the profits are huge, Steve. Haven’t those past profits been transferred to the Wilsdorf Foundation where they can’t flow back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nobody really knows the answer to this, as Rolex are so secretive as are the Swiss Government when it´s about their charities, one of which the Wilsdorf Foundation, i.e. Rolex, is. I´m no lawyer and can only speculate that when Hans Wilsdorf set up his foundation (in 1944 after the death of his wife, if I remember correctly. They were childless.) he took the very best legal advice available at the time in war-isolated Switzerland. That might mean having some sort of "get the money back" clause in it should Rolex ever be in danger of going bankrupt. That will most probably never be made public, but who knows?
Meyrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2020, 03:33 AM   #33
Overwound
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Director EDTF View Post
I got an email yesterday from an AD offering me one of the models I was previously interested in. I kindly declined for now!
Time to turn the tables! Next time just laugh over the phone and let them know that many dealers have called to sell watches. Be polite of course. Offer to put them on "the list".
Overwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2020, 03:55 AM   #34
AJMarcus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchNutcase View Post
Thanks for this update. I wonder what the idea is behind this, because now they've essentially banned sales of Rolex during this pandemic.
I agree. Very shortsighted
AJMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2020, 03:59 AM   #35
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

This has be a tad frustrated as I have to wait longer to get my 1st Rolex now. But I completely understand why ADs are closed to stop potential spread of virus. I can respect that Rolex won’t see online but wish they would have during this unprecedented time.
Old 4 April 2020, 04:00 AM   #36
Mr. Miami
"TRF" Member

And I understand this is a 1st world problem. People are more worried about how to provide for their families during this time.
Old 4 April 2020, 05:46 AM   #37
AG23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homo Sapien X View Post
Any jail term?

I’ve only heard of fines so far but I’m sure there will be jail term offences.
AG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2020, 07:42 AM   #38
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
I would think any AD would sell and ship a new Rolex online if they choose, they'd have to swipe the card though. I'd ask mine if I wanted something, no harm there.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2020, 09:32 AM   #39
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Rolex doesn’t care and I salute them for sticking to their boutiques and whole buyer experience, even despite the current blip on the retail radar.
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2020, 10:29 AM   #40
Geckobros
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inadeje View Post
Rolex doesn’t care and I salute them for sticking to their boutiques and whole buyer experience, even despite the current blip on the retail radar.
I think in the short term it would have helped AD's during the pandemic. I sincerely hope you are right and this is only a "blip" but it is not looking that way so far.
Geckobros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2020, 09:51 PM   #41
nachopc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Only
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Robert View Post
I don’t care either......there’s too much going on to be concerned with watches.

Well...but this forum is about watches, specially Rolex, isn’t Doc ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
nachopc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2020, 10:27 PM   #42
Panerai23
"TRF" Member

Sorry to get away from the subject. I work in the healthcare field also and it’s true that watches may be the last thing I should worry about, but this forum provides a few minutes of mental rest and distraction from what I am facing and what I am about to face- everyday.
Going from being a Cath lab nurse one minute to being a resource nurse on floors with or without covid patients the next minute is,well, indescribable collage of feelings and stress which I would not wish upon anyone. I can only imagine how the ER crew/ Paramedic/ EMT / Fire Department and police officers feel being truly out in the frontline. And not to mention all the people who work in the grocery stores and etc.
And when this pandemic is over and hopefully it does not take me down, believe me, I will buy another Rolex- hopefully I can miraculously find a Pepsi - to remember what we had all gone through. Thank you everyone for posting.
Panerai23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 12:08 AM   #43
fed_fan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
I’m having a hard time sleeping, anxiety in and out most of the day, worry about my kids and home schooling, my small Business generating no income since this started... oh and of course living near what is basically the global epicenter of this virus that I’m starting to see kill people I care about.

Signing onto TRF, reading about watches, celebrating incomings and generally hearing the latest news in the watch world has been a fantastic distraction for me.

So please don’t act like you’re above all this watch talk cause there are more concerning things happening in the world.

Sorry to be such a downer everyone, but this is a watch forum. The right place to be concerned about watches.
Agreed. Don’t understand why folks come on here to tsk-tsk others for talking about watches. You’re always free to log off...
fed_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 12:12 AM   #44
Uglydog
"TRF" Member

Panerai 23: You are to be commended for the work you are doing during this stressful and difficult time. Hopefully you will be able to get your Pepsi in recognition of the service you have rendered to the community. I think your AD should grant you an automatic advancement to the top of the list, regardless of previous history, bundling, and whatever other criteria they have. To add icing to the cake, the AD should give you 15% off MSRP.
Uglydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 12:15 AM   #45
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panerai23 View Post
Sorry to get away from the subject. I work in the healthcare field also and it’s true that watches may be the last thing I should worry about, but this forum provides a few minutes of mental rest and distraction from what I am facing and what I am about to face- everyday.
Going from being a Cath lab nurse one minute to being a resource nurse on floors with or without covid patients the next minute is,well, indescribable collage of feelings and stress which I would not wish upon anyone. I can only imagine how the ER crew/ Paramedic/ EMT / Fire Department and police officers feel being truly out in the frontline. And not to mention all the people who work in the grocery stores and etc.
And when this pandemic is over and hopefully it does not take me down, believe me, I will buy another Rolex- hopefully I can miraculously find a Pepsi - to remember what we had all gone through. Thank you everyone for posting.
I would certainly like to see frontline workers pushed to the top of the list for hot models, and given a thank you discount too.

One thing this pandemic does is highlight which people and companies have some moral fibre and which do not, hopefully the people and karma will remember it later.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2020, 12:59 AM   #46
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
Yet you have nothing better to do than post on a watch forum...
Was thinking the same thing. Dr myself and I find watch forum another way to unwind from this pandemic.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote