The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 9 September 2017, 01:48 PM   #91
madmax21
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master ll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phudu View Post
There were 2 white dial Daytona C listed recently for $24,500 on the T.O, Canada WatchFinder website. I owner (Sean) informed me that they were sold for $26,000. The MSRP for this watch in Canada is $14,250. Imagine that eh.
I can't say I'm surprised coming from watchfinder I dealt with them once between Sean and his brother-in-law I wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw them I'm sorry but it was a real world experience so I would have void these two characters.

It could just be hoopla it's a great way to drive the used prices up for themselves to gain from
Old 9 September 2017, 01:51 PM   #92
madmax21
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master ll
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
That's crazy
There's really no way of knowing what they really sold the watches for and unfortunately this particular dealer is well-known for our being sometimes dishonest at least for my own experience
Old 10 September 2017, 10:15 AM   #93
richard371
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN White
Is it just me or are people asking more recently for the D500? Google search they avg about 18-20 now for the white face. When I checked about a month ago they were 17-18 or so. Seems like they should be lower as more hit the market.
richard371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2017, 12:07 PM   #94
archangelfire
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500
It's not just hype fueling the Daytona sales. It's just that a ceramic SS Daytona is something that people have wanted for a really really long time. It's not even close to use the BLNR hype as an example because that was just a different colour bezel but the SS GMT has had a ceramic bezel for years.

I myself have always wanted a Daytona but could never live with the stainless steel bezel. I've waited for years for a ceramic Daytona to be released. Now I finally got one. From my perspective, it's not hype that made me get it and I'm sure many others feel the same.
archangelfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2017, 04:34 AM   #95
rossi46
"TRF" Member

Watch: shopping
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard371 View Post
Is it just me or are people asking more recently for the D500? Google search they avg about 18-20 now for the white face. When I checked about a month ago they were 17-18 or so. Seems like they should be lower as more hit the market.
Not just you. It's like sellers are playing a game to see who can list theirs for more and more. And, since the demand is out there, people are paying.

I feel like I'm going to regret not jumping on one of the private seller listings (i.e., non-"trusted sellers") that were asking $15k.
Old 12 September 2017, 02:20 PM   #96
hua_qiu
"TRF" Member

I really do not understand why people consider 500 Daytona over priced. In reality the market price is about in line with the TT Daytona which retail a little bit less in the place I live. I guess the gold parts are actually cheaper to manufacture due to higher yield in production processes. Yet seem not a lot people criticising TT D is crazily over priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hua_qiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2017, 11:31 AM   #97
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

The local AD in Ottawa has a list of over 70 ( a year ago) and get little if none for the last year. Good luck getting your hands on one from your AD. Grey market and 70% over MSRP the only choice if you must have one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2017, 02:39 PM   #98
mahefa
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes
Many Daytona C threads going on :)

I think those who do not want Daytona are a majority of forecasters who see Daytona prices going down, Daytona charm fading away or Daytona being overpriced :)

Daytona C with it’s details and history is a modern tech sculpture, absolutely beautiful. It is so beautiful that i am happy to have one, but also happy that something this beautiful is available in a way that only money is needed. It is again something you never even need to wear, just looking at it unlocked on your hand makes you smile and happy!
♛Deepsea Blue -17 ♛ Deepsea Blue -19 ♛Deepsea Black ♛Explorer I ♛Explorer II ♛ Explorer 1 ♛GMT-Master II BLNR ♛ Sky-Dweller Blue ♛ Sky-Dweller Black ♛ AirKing ♛ Day-Date 40 Platinum ♛ Daytona C White ♛ Submariner LVc ♛ Two-Tone Submariner ♛ Day-Date 36 ♛ Datejust 41 grey ♛
mahefa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 12:12 PM   #99
fixinbones
"TRF" Member

Watch: 118206
Anybody know what caused the grey market price to jump from ~15k to almost 20k. It seems like this happened overnight. Maybe the speculation of limited SS models this year
fixinbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 12:20 PM   #100
Naples09
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixinbones View Post
Anybody know what caused the grey market price to jump from ~15k to almost 20k. It seems like this happened overnight. Maybe the speculation of limited SS models this year
No supply at the end of last year - as Rolex shuts down and rumors that they sold all the supply of SS which reduced shipments more.

SS have been shipping since the start of the year - but still pent up demand.
Naples09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 03:26 PM   #101
Hangten
"TRF" Member

I hope all of you who are making judgments have seen the piece in person on the wrist. But this watch to me is worth every penny.

Always bet on black! :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 4F8BF452-213E-457D-96CB-9DF62B2CED61.jpeg (205.9 KB, 477 views)
Hangten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 03:34 PM   #102
00devo
"TRF" Member

The ceramic might be cheaper than the Zenith Daytona now.
00devo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 05:15 PM   #103
Rodrigo082
"TRF" Member

Before I had my Daytona, I didn’t understood the “hype” as well -
I have many rolex models (BLNR, Sub LV, SD43, D- Blue) but now that I own the D500, I can tell you that it’s a real beauty.

It’s totally in another level and it’s really worth to paying a bit of premium to own this fantastic model
Rodrigo082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 05:46 PM   #104
timeldn
"TRF" Member

Rolex Daytona C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby81 View Post
I just don't understand all the hype surrounding the new Daytona C. OK it's a nice watch but paying premium cost for them I think their overrated & to go on a waiting list for up to two year's it's madness. Rolex are releasing them slowly to create this demand. I myself have a TT Daytona White Dial 116503 & I wouldn't exchange it for the Daytona C. Does anyone agree with me or are you all hypnotized by it
I agree with you, the Daytona C is very much hyped up, which creates a great demand for the watch. I would not pay over list price, I would use that money to purchase other watches in the Rolex range. The Daytona TT is a very nice watch.

In the UK some Grey Dealers are charging over 50% above list price.
timeldn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 07:47 PM   #105
topfuel25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeldn View Post
I agree with you, the Daytona C is very much hyped up, which creates a great demand for the watch. I would not pay over list price, I would use that money to purchase other watches in the Rolex range. The Daytona TT is a very nice watch.

In the UK some Grey Dealers are charging over 50% above list price.
The premium can be used to get a pre owned sub or gmt! not feeding the greys flippers
topfuel25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 10:03 PM   #106
exador
Banned

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYnt652B...y=shameonwrist
exador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 10:27 PM   #107
Busyboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00devo View Post
The ceramic might be cheaper than the Zenith Daytona now.
It often is now

Wish I hadn't sold mine for √zilch
Busyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2018, 12:08 AM   #108
jmlow17@gmail.com
"TRF" Member

Watch: YG/SS Daytona
I agree with you. Love the look of the TT 116503 White. Prefer the PM bezel over the C. Good choice.
jmlow17@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2018, 12:13 AM   #109
Rolexsd4000
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Mk1 , TT SD43
I always thought the Daytona SS bezel and the Ceramic is a beautiful watch in the display, but once on my wrist it did nothing for me ..Gods my witness . I passed it up from my AD 2x . No regrets.
I do not buy to flip. I wear them and it makes me a happy Camper.
Just my 2cents
Old 1 March 2018, 12:39 AM   #110
Seaswirl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo082 View Post
Before I had my Daytona, I didn’t understood the “hype” as well -
I have many rolex models (BLNR, Sub LV, SD43, D- Blue) but now that I own the D500, I can tell you that it’s a real beauty.

It’s totally in another level and it’s really worth to paying a bit of premium to own this fantastic model
Per your previous posts, I thought you very much disliked your DaytonaC and ended up flipping it Apologies if I’m mistaken.
Seaswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2018, 06:33 PM   #111
Rodrigo082
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaswirl View Post
Per your previous posts, I thought you very much disliked your DaytonaC and ended up flipping it Apologies if I’m mistaken.
Yes - you are totally right.
After comparing all of them, I can see the perfection and beauty of the Daytona.
It’s very clear without the date and gorgeous dial
Rodrigo082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2018, 10:32 PM   #112
fnfiveseven
"TRF" Member

An amazing piece but I personally wouldn't pay more than a £2k premium for any watch.

The Burlington Arcade London has a black for £17k and a white for £19k if anyone is interested.
fnfiveseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2018, 02:07 AM   #113
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
I wouldn't buy the current DaytonaC , but I would be interested in this model in SS and 42mm if Rolex were to ever produce it.
VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 05:30 AM   #114
Longbow42
"TRF" Member

Love my gold and steel Daytona, but it has to go.
Longbow42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 11:49 AM   #115
jerrydlamme
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfiveseven View Post
An amazing piece but I personally wouldn't pay more than a £2k premium for any watch.

The Burlington Arcade London has a black for £17k and a white for £19k if anyone is interested.
This is crazy price....
jerrydlamme is offline   Reply With Quote