The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 May 2018, 01:46 PM   #61
Tampashooter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skg307 View Post
If you like the watch buy it! Discount on a Stainless Steel?

Personally I have been a Mayors client for over 12 years, excellent service, and great communication. Also great customer service after the sale (good luck finding that with a grey market dealer).
lol. I’m a very good Mayors customer as well. Davidsw, in your town ( our state), may be the best person I’ve ever done business with.

He may be, one of the best people I’ve ever met, period.
Tampashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2018, 01:48 PM   #62
Tampashooter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Sickers off 100% NO EXCEPTIONS.

Warranty card is kept until after store return period is over. 30 days. Then it is mailed to you.

Not 100%. I assure you.
Old 21 May 2018, 02:35 PM   #63
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideclock View Post
Yes. I probably should not have said "lost" because it is only that store. It is pretty interesting how it works at that Mall. I remember when Hamilton was selling Rolex there, then Mayors comes back to the Mall, and Hamilton loses the ability to sell them. All the while Tourneau is there and can't sell Rolex, even though they do up the Street in Palm Beach. Apparently there can only be one AD in the Mall. At least that is what I was told. Not uncommon I guess.
Yep..lot's of brand bickering over a declining customer base...
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2018, 02:38 PM   #64
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampashooter View Post
Not 100%. I assure you.
Nah, but it will be even for you after that revelation. Don't think people in that AD chain who call the shots aren't reading posts on this forum, because they certainly are.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2018, 02:45 PM   #65
Tampashooter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nah, but it will be even for you after that revelation. Don't think people in that AD chain who call the shots aren't reading posts on this forum, because they certainly are.
lol

Good luck with that. We aren’t all afraid of our AD’s. It will never apply to me.
Old 21 May 2018, 11:03 PM   #66
Ballzzz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I was in the Aventura mall this weekend, nothing int he cases
Old 22 May 2018, 03:22 AM   #67
Alternative_Facts
Banned

I'll never shop at Mayors, but that's me.
#2, if you're in Miami there are a lot of options aka the Seybold building, the Rolex store in Bal Harbor, Tourneau etc.

I feel you could have gotten your watch easy but that's me.
Alternative_Facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 03:37 AM   #68
Tebow15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballzzz View Post
I was in the Aventura mall this weekend, nothing int he cases
Same in the Boca Mall. Mayors there did not have one SS or two tone sport watch (besides some YM1's) and only a WG smurf.
Tebow15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 10:39 AM   #69
jh225
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative_Facts View Post
#2, if you're in Miami there are a lot of options aka the Seybold building, the Rolex store in Bal Harbor, Tourneau etc.
So wait, you won’t buy from Mayors who sell a product without the usual salesman babble AND give an extra 5 yrs of warranty, but you will buy from Tourneau whose salesman come and go more than a washed up relief pitcher and will tell a customer anything to get a sale? Pretty dang funny.
jh225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 10:41 AM   #70
jh225
"TRF" Member

Quote:
They haven't lost AD status...just not selling Rolex through that location any longer.
Quote:
Yes. I probably should not have said "lost" because it is only that store.
Ya’ think?
Old 22 May 2018, 11:50 AM   #71
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Wow! Heard months back that Mayors gave up selling Patek in some locations to then open a dedicated Patek store in NYC. At least that's the rumor i heard.

Losing Rolex AD status for Mayors would be a big downturn for the company IMHO. Do like how they double the warranty to 10 years and so far their service of a piece i got from them has been excellent. Will be interesting to see how many post here that Mayors is where they received their Baselworld 2018 Rolex timepieces.
It appears Mayors is no longer AD for Patek. Mayors had 3 locations in South Florida selling Patek, but they all seem to be de-listed from Patek's website. It fact, quite a few other US Patek ADs are no longer on the list.

Aurum bought Mayors last year. Aurum is the parent company of UK Watches of Switzerland, Goldsmiths and Mappin & Webb, the largest Rolex retailer in the UK. They are planning to open a new Watches of Switzerland store in Manhattan by 2019, but we will see what brands they will carry there. Will be interesting to see what Aurum does to the Mayors stores in GA and FL.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 12:03 PM   #72
westsideclock
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh225 View Post
Ya’ think?
If you do read my whole original post, I did mention it was only the one store, and technically that store did lose the ability to sell Rolex because another store in the Mall got it. That all being said there are a bunch of Mayors locations selling Rolex, and even though it is tough to get a discount from them, I must say the stores are all very nice and high end.
westsideclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 12:13 PM   #73
jh225
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If you do read my whole original post, I did mention it was only the one store, and technically that store did lose the ability to sell Rolex because another store in the Mall got it. That all being said there are a bunch of Mayors locations selling Rolex, and even though it is tough to get a discount from them, I must say the stores are all very nice and high end.
Old 22 May 2018, 11:00 PM   #74
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative_Facts View Post

I feel you could have gotten your watch easy but that's me.
I would much rather shop at Mayors than Tourneau.
I have frequented 4 different Mayors stores in South Florida and the staff have always been very friendly and helpful.

Tourneau, on the other hand..... I stopped at the one in Bal Harbour once and they seemed uninterested in even acknowledging my presence in the store.
When I went to the one in Aventura mall, it was a little better experience, but I still wasn't too impressed.
Skyrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote