The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 May 2018, 12:19 PM   #421
Ballzzz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I need to get a bracelet or rubber b for my BBN - decisions decisions
Old 2 May 2018, 02:12 PM   #422
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballzzz View Post
I need to get a bracelet or rubber b for my BBN - decisions decisions

Put a Ranger bracelet on it. One of the straight end link strapcodes are cheaper but that Ranger bracelet on a BB is a fine look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2018, 02:25 PM   #423
Brandon -B-
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tissot Seastar1000
Black Bay noir eta

Quote:
Originally Posted by liuk3 View Post
I didn't buy my watches to sell them. Looks like you are enjoying it and putting it to use. Dings on it are a part of your personal history. You could likely order another bracelet from an AD if necessary. I dunno how much it would be.

Yeah wouldn’t be worth it. The whole reason I needed another was because it didn’t fit with the factory bracelet.

And knowing what I know now I would have purchased a Ranger bracelet with straight end links for that OEM+ style

I also plan to get a shark mesh at some point. I have another watch I want to put the shark mesh on but I’ll try it with the BB as well. I liked the look on some of the vintage style Breitlings and it may translate to the BB.

And I have a MN strap from Erica’s Originals on the way too. Gotta love options!!!

Maybe a bond NATO too?? Sure looks like a BBN he has there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brandon -B- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2018, 12:07 AM   #424
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon -B- View Post
Yeah wouldn’t be worth it. The whole reason I needed another was because it didn’t fit with the factory bracelet.

And knowing what I know now I would have purchased a Ranger bracelet with straight end links for that OEM+ style

I also plan to get a shark mesh at some point. I have another watch I want to put the shark mesh on but I’ll try it with the BB as well. I liked the look on some of the vintage style Breitlings and it may translate to the BB.

And I have a MN strap from Erica’s Originals on the way too. Gotta love options!!!

Maybe a bond NATO too?? Sure looks like a BBN he has there

All good options. I have a 22mm sharkmesh coming in a package now from another forum member. May give it a try on my BBR. The Erica’s are great on a BB. Did you get the black with the red stripe?? I have wanted to buy a BB Dark and go to town on the case to expose some SS and out it on the Erica’s black with the red stripe.

The BBN on a Ranger bracelet is

Old 22 May 2018, 07:44 AM   #425
Brandon -B-
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
All good options. I have a 22mm sharkmesh coming in a package now from another forum member. May give it a try on my BBR. The Erica’s are great on a BB. Did you get the black with the red stripe?? I have wanted to buy a BB Dark and go to town on the case to expose some SS and out it on the Erica’s black with the red stripe.

The BBN on a Ranger bracelet is

Any update on how the Shark Mesh looks???

Old 22 May 2018, 07:57 AM   #426
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Any update on how the Shark Mesh looks???

Here it is on my Red. Have not tried on the black one yet.

Old 22 May 2018, 08:06 AM   #427
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
I had an in house BBR but feel out of love quick and flipped it for a Ranger. I was thinking I'd like to have a Blue eta but now l wanting to see a 58

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 08:27 AM   #428
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikrnic View Post
I had an in house BBR but feel out of love quick and flipped it for a Ranger. I was thinking I'd like to have a Blue eta but now l wanting to see a 58

I too am waiting for the 58. And I want to see the GMT but fear it may be too thick.
But the ranger and BBB are wonderful.

Old 22 May 2018, 10:38 AM   #429
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Quote:
I too am waiting for the 58. And I want to see the GMT but fear it may be too thick.
But the ranger and BBB are wonderful.

Wow your blue eta looks sharp..

Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 11:10 AM   #430
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikrnic View Post
Wow your blue eta looks sharp..

Thanks. I had bought a couple of sets of replacement hands for the inevitable on my Tudor Sub and figured what the heck. And it is just the bracelet off of the Ranger.

I know that snowflake hands is just a Tudor thing. But the round markers with the squarish hands was lacking something to me.

Old 22 May 2018, 01:47 PM   #431
Brandon -B-
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Here it is on my Red. Have not tried on the black one yet.

Thanks for the pic and yup it looks great just as I had imagined it! As for that BB Blue. Now that I’ve seen the Mercedes, I can’t unsee it! What a nudge in the right design direction!!! Ranger is on my short list as well. Great pieces.

Old 22 May 2018, 09:09 PM   #432
aproo
"TRF" Member

So i happened to walk-in to my regular AD during lunch time and just casually browsing through the watches and commenting the difficulty to get the Rolex sports model (bugging my sales lady about my 116500) and somehow we went onto the topic of Tudor and how Tudor is getting some attention with their recent new launches e.g. GMT. She then asked if i was interested to which i replied i probably need to see it in person etc.

She told me to hold on and said they were recently taking stock of their inventory and found something which i might be interested. She went to the back of the office and took out a box which contained the Tudor Black Bay ETA Noir. It was brand new and the tags showed it was from 2015. It was the first time seeing it in person and i have to say it looked very nice. No date and the movement was very smooth. The distressed cracked leather strap looks very nice as well, somewhat like a Panerai strap.

Anyways, i picked up the watch. Did not expect this to be an expensive "lunch" but walked out a happy man.

aproo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 09:24 PM   #433
Ballzzz

Congrats Welcome to the club, I have not seen an incoming of one of these in months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aproo View Post
So i happened to walk-in to my regular AD during lunch time and just casually browsing through the watches and commenting the difficulty to get the Rolex sports model (bugging my sales lady about my 116500) and somehow we went onto the topic of Tudor and how Tudor is getting some attention with their recent new launches e.g. GMT. She then asked if i was interested to which i replied i probably need to see it in person etc.

She told me to hold on and said they were recently taking stock of their inventory and found something which i might be interested. She went to the back of the office and took out a box which contained the Tudor Black Bay ETA Noir. It was brand new and the tags showed it was from 2015. It was the first time seeing it in person and i have to say it looked very nice. No date and the movement was very smooth. The distressed cracked leather strap looks very nice as well, somewhat like a Panerai strap.

Anyways, i picked up the watch. Did not expect this to be an expensive "lunch" but walked out a happy man.

Old 22 May 2018, 11:14 PM   #434
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Nice!! I could not have passed up that opportunity either.

Old 22 May 2018, 11:29 PM   #435
yannis
"TRF" Member

Watch: maniac
Quote:

Congrats man!

yannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 11:58 PM   #436
BlackRose
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballzzz View Post
Congrats Welcome to the club, I have not seen an incoming of one of these in months.

You’ll love it. Congrats.

BlackRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2018, 05:11 AM   #437
Gary.
"TRF" Member

Quote:

The guy has his watch on upside down.
Gary. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2018, 05:21 AM   #438
Ballzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary. View Post
The guy has his watch on upside down.
Duhh the sharks need to tell the time too ya know!
Old 23 May 2018, 09:32 AM   #439
Brandon -B-
"TRF" Member

Ha haaaaaaa awesome catch. That’s straight off the Tudor website.

Old 23 May 2018, 04:02 PM   #440
Polarbears
Banned

Watch: 16570
Quote:

Very rare find. Great pickup. Only a few thousand exist. You were lucky.
Polarbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2018, 07:38 PM   #441
Richmor
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Patek
Quote:

She told me to hold on and said they were recently taking stock of their inventory and found something which i might be interested. She went to the back of the office and took out a box which contained the Tudor Black Bay ETA Noir. It was brand new and the tags showed it was from 2015. It was the first time seeing it in person and i have to say it looked very nice. No date and the movement was very smooth.

Congrats on your new BBNoir. This shows again how important it is to develope a relationship with your local AD.
Old 24 May 2018, 08:56 AM   #442
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarbears View Post
Very rare find. Great pickup. Only a few thousand exist. You were lucky.
You still predicting 5k on these by summer? I think we have about 4 weeks and there are several examples sitting at 3800 here on trf.
Old 24 May 2018, 12:58 PM   #443
Polarbears
Banned

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
You still predicting 5k on these by summer? I think we have about 4 weeks and there are several examples sitting at 3800 here on trf.
I think the new Tudor releases will slow demand for the older models for around 3 months. There will be a few bargains to be had as unknowing owners will flip the old models for new models bringing the supply up while new buyers will be focused on the new models. I think the time to buy will be now as the nostalgia will be clouded for a few months but there are less than 2000 in circulation-supply will dry up and the new models will be abundant. No doubt a short dip but right back up as the nostalgia hits again $5k is around the corner but slightly delayed. I think then the prices will climb steadily and never return to under $5k again.
Polarbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2018, 06:21 AM   #444
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

I’m not associated with the watch or the seller, just passing it on if anyone is interested.
I was offered this 79220N for $2950. Complete set from 2016. Warranty card is included. I had to pass on it because I just bought another watch the other day. PM me for the sellers info. It looks like it’s in great condition. I had him set the time to my requested time and he did so, makes me more confident that its in his possession.
Looks like it’s in great condition from the pics.

Old 28 May 2018, 06:38 AM   #445
SilverKast
"TRF" Member

Watch: always one more...
Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
I’m not associated with the watch or the seller, just passing it on if anyone is interested.
I was offered this 79220N for $2950. Complete set from 2016. Warranty card is included. I had to pass on it because I just bought another watch the other day. PM me for the sellers info. It looks like it’s in great condition. I had him set the time to my requested time and he did so, makes me more confident that its in his possession.
Looks like it’s in great condition from the pics.

I’m the seller, I’ll be putting up an ad shortly. Great watch, but my 16710 hogs all the wrist time. Likely enough that I’ll also list my SD43 lol.
SilverKast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2018, 07:05 AM   #446
jaySL350
"TRF" Member

Watch: BBG,Hulk,16013,DJB
One of the big grays has a BBN for £3000,box no papers over here in the UK,,

jaySL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2018, 04:49 AM   #447
HORNBLOWER
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1 OR 2
If it has no box or papers its essentially a rouge with a black bezel insert and black crown tube added.
HORNBLOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2018, 04:51 AM   #448
jaySL350
"TRF" Member

Watch: BBG,Hulk,16013,DJB
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNBLOWER View Post
If it has no box or papers its essentially a rouge with a black bezel insert and black crown tube added.

Has a box and tags but no warranty card,,a deal breaker on such a piece for me,,,

jaySL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2018, 04:55 AM   #449
HORNBLOWER
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1 OR 2
I agree.
HORNBLOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2018, 05:42 AM   #450
Richmor
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Patek