The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 February 2018, 03:15 AM   #121
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
Where did I even discuss the movement?

Here. ETA is the movement ;)

Quote:
Especially an ETA Tudor vs a Rolex 14060.
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2018, 03:33 AM   #122
NeedlessKane
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1991 14060 Sub
Wow, I am glad I got mine last March when I did! Such a great piece.

I was considering selling it last year and I am glad I didn't.
1992 Omega Speedmaster Pro
NeedlessKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2018, 08:05 AM   #123
Rafabond
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Tudor, etc
As I have both versions, I do not care which one will go up more than the price

Rafabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2018, 09:02 AM   #124
MARTIN1264
"TRF" Member

Joined the Club......

A new one and a pre-loved.....I bought the used one and my wife found me a Brand spankin new one....
MARTIN1264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2018, 02:03 PM   #125
Jcy90
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT & SUB
i think these hit $5k by summer
Jcy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2018, 05:38 AM   #126
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcheroo View Post
Here. ETA is the movement ;)
I didn't discuss it in terms of better or worse.

There is an ETA and an in-house movement, so it was a bit easier to recognize both.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2018, 12:50 AM   #127
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I didn't discuss it in terms of better or worse.

There is an ETA and an in-house movement, so it was a bit easier to recognize both.

Gotcha
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 05:19 AM   #128
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Interesting tidbit... just left my AD where they carry Tudor. I was looking at the BB's, among others, and was told by the person who I always work with that when they sell a BB with the in house movement (shield) they've been getting replaced by rose versions with the ETA. This has been going on for quite some time but she didn't tell me how long. They have 4 BB's with the rose that were all recently shipped to them, two black bezel and two red. She said people want the in house version and not the ETA, so when they get ETA's to replace in house versions it makes it more difficult to sell watches.

She thinks that Tudor is trying to work through the ETA stock, not that it's making a return or anything of the sort. It's interesting that the prices on gray/ secondary market are going up with this going on.

Very tempted to snap up a red rose...

And on a related note. Not a single sub or Explorer II. They now have a list of people who want SS models, Sub, Explorer, Explorer II (of course the LV, 500, SD43, SkyD) and they just call the list and they don't go into the case. They received a Sub date and ExpII yesterday and both were already paid for.
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 06:51 AM   #129
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcdhtwn View Post
Interesting tidbit... just left my AD where they carry Tudor. I was looking at the BB's, among others, and was told by the person who I always work with that when they sell a BB with the in house movement (shield) they've been getting replaced by rose versions with the ETA. This has been going on for quite some time but she didn't tell me how long. They have 4 BB's with the rose that were all recently shipped to them, two black bezel and two red. She said people want the in house version and not the ETA, so when they get ETA's to replace in house versions it makes it more difficult to sell watches.

She thinks that Tudor is trying to work through the ETA stock, not that it's making a return or anything of the sort. It's interesting that the prices on gray/ secondary market are going up with this going on.

And on a related note. Not a single sub or Explorer II. They now have a list of people who want SS models, Sub, Explorer, Explorer II (of course the LV, 500, SD43, SkyD) and they just call the list and they don't go into the case. They received a Sub date and ExpII yesterday and both were already paid for.
That would crush the whole "black ETAs are rare" talk.
Old 21 February 2018, 06:58 AM   #130
opawlows
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor/Breit
I have seen a few of the BBB and BBR eta's floating around local AD's as of late as well. None of the BBB's are on bracelet though which is what I am after to complete my "set"
opawlows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 07:44 AM   #131
Ballzzz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I think the FS section has two.

Here is one:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=586495
Old 21 February 2018, 08:10 AM   #132
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
That would crush the whole "black ETAs are rare" talk.
It sure does, just perception I suppose.
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 10:26 AM   #133
MSK
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Would you mind passing along the dealers info? I’d be interested in taking both of the black eta’s off of their hands.
MSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 10:43 AM   #134
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:

This would be interesting indeed. My AD had not seen an ETA in a while. They are a smaller AD but move thru some Tudor.

To be honest this just does not smell right to me. I know that when the Pelagos LHD came out Tudor did ship the numbers out randomly and there was really no rhyme or reason but I find it hard to believe that they have been hoarding eta BB’s.

If you saw them with your own two eyes I would never doubt you, but I would buy them up. They are not making any more and it was a short run in terms of the watch world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 12:11 PM   #135
Polarbears
Banned

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
This would be interesting indeed. My AD had not seen an ETA in a while. They are a smaller AD but move thru some Tudor.

To be honest this just does not smell right to me. I know that when the Pelagos LHD came out Tudor did ship the numbers out randomly and there was really no rhyme or reason but I find it hard to believe that they have been hoarding eta BB’s.

If you saw them with your own two eyes I would never doubt you, but I would buy them up. They are not making any more and it was a short run in terms of the watch world.

I can confirm from my AD that they are no longer produced. He goes to Baselworld and toured Tudor and was told they are no longer produced.
The manufacturing ended years ago. Many dealers never saw a black Bezel eta. Any new deliveries is just old inventory-Remember this watch the Black Bezel was supposed to launch the in house movement but they released a limited batch to get rid of existing parts.
Polarbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 03:53 PM   #136
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcy90 View Post
i think these hit $5k by summer
Well of course
Old 21 February 2018, 04:05 PM   #137
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafabond View Post

The perfect two watch collection! I’d like to own a second, preferably the strap version to add more rarity to the collection.
Old 21 February 2018, 11:46 PM   #138
Raza_actual
"TRF" Member

Watch: Monaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarbears View Post
I can confirm from my AD that they are no longer produced. He goes to Baselworld and toured Tudor and was told they are no longer produced.
The manufacturing ended years ago. Many dealers never saw a black Bezel eta. Any new deliveries is just old inventory-Remember this watch the Black Bezel was supposed to launch the in house movement but they released a limited batch to get rid of existing parts.
I once owned a car like that. The company did a short special edition to move out an engine they were replacing with one that had the same output and mileage, but had some technical improvements (timing chain over a timing belt, among some other things). Funny thing was, they set the production numbers too high, and had to stick the new engine in the car to meet it. My car had the newer engine. Great car, too. I miss it.

Of course, in this case, you wouldn’t see that happen because the rose case probably couldn’t fit the in-house movement.
Old 22 February 2018, 01:57 AM   #139
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raza_actual View Post
I once owned a car like that. The company did a short special edition to move out an engine they were replacing with one that had the same output and mileage, but had some technical improvements (timing chain over a timing belt, among some other things). Funny thing was, they set the production numbers too high, and had to stick the new engine in the car to meet it. My car had the newer engine. Great car, too. I miss it.

Of course, in this case, you wouldn’t see that happen because the rose case probably couldn’t fit the in-house movement.

It will. They put a different back on the in house to allow for the extra movement thickness. Hence another reason I prefer the eta in any colorway. It just wears better to me.

bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2018, 02:31 AM   #140
Raza_actual
"TRF" Member

Watch: Monaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
It will. They put a different back on the in house to allow for the extra movement thickness. Hence another reason I prefer the eta in any colorway. It just wears better to me.

There’s something fun about the ETA version that the in-house version is missing. The straight text, the shield; it just doesn’t feel like the same Black Bay. The spirit of the watch is different, if that makes any sense.

Here’s mine with some others that I traveled with (I could have left the Suunto at home, to be honest, I don’t think I wore it once):
Old 22 February 2018, 05:08 AM   #141
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raza_actual View Post
There’s something fun about the ETA version that the in-house version is missing. The straight text, the shield; it just doesn’t feel like the same Black Bay. The spirit of the watch is different, if that makes any sense.

Here’s mine with some others that I traveled with (I could have left the Suunto at home, to be honest, I don’t think I wore it once):
I agree with you. The Black Bay feels like it lost it’s soul with the in house version.
Old 22 February 2018, 05:16 AM   #142
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:

Referencing the discussion here I'd have thought both versions meant in house and out house. Other than hording the Etas I can see no reason to have both the bracelet and strap models as the strap can be purchased from an AD relatively easily. I have both the BBN and BBR; one on strap and one on bracelet, Both are Etas. The wrist attachments can be mixed and matched.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2018, 05:51 AM   #143
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
Referencing the discussion here I'd have thought both versions meant in house and out house. Other than hording the Etas I can see no reason to have both the bracelet and strap models as the strap can be purchased from an AD relatively easily. I have both the BBN and BBR; one on strap and one on bracelet, Both are Etas. The wrist attachments can be mixed and matched.

Yes they can be mixed and matched but for collectors the version that has strap on the warranty card is more rare. That’s why one would like a set of each.
Old 22 February 2018, 06:00 AM   #144
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yes they can be mixed and matched but for collectors the version that has strap on the warranty card is more rare. That’s why one would like a set of each.
Nothing changes the strap warranty card one if it temporarily gets a bracelet on it. Nor does the bracelet version change if one wears a strap on it. Out of curiosity, how do you know the strap version of the BBN is rarer?

Old 22 February 2018, 06:17 AM   #145
Polarbears
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
Nothing changes the strap warranty card one if it temporarily gets a bracelet on it. Nor does the bracelet version change if one wears a strap on it. Out of curiosity, how do you know the strap version of the BBN is rarer?
It’s been discussed in various threads and debated. Collectors care about uniqueness. The strap card is a bit of provenance that’s all. It’s the small things like the dot above the 9 on Speedy. Just more allure and mystique. I like your idea best though buy the strap Black Rose and then a Blue or Red to have the bracelet and interchange!
Old 22 February 2018, 07:10 AM   #146
astrazen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I understand the reasoning. A short/limited production and it will be difficult to find and the prices rise.

But why weren't people jumping on this when they announced the in-house movement? This happens EVERY time. And topics like this fuel the need/craving for this, people don't want to miss out. Same happened to the Hulk.

And I simply don't see the value in this watch when it goes to +5.000 USD. Especially an ETA Tudor vs a Rolex 14060. The bracelet and overall feel is better on the Rolex.
I have both and the bracelet is definitely better on the Tudor.
astrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2018, 09:33 AM   #147
Hoangoneone7
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of the Above;)
Quote:

Beautiful watches. The hype is real on The BBB ETA
Hoangoneone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2018, 10:14 AM   #148
HORNBLOWER
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1 OR 2
The most valuable part of the Noir is the original i.d card. Without that it could easily be a rouge with swapped out bezel insert and stem cover.
HORNBLOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2018, 10:21 AM   #149
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
It’s been discussed in various threads and debated. Collectors care about uniqueness. The strap card is a bit of provenance that’s all. It’s the small things like the dot above the 9 on Speedy. Just more allure and mystique. I like your idea best though buy the strap Black Rose and then a Blue or Red to have the bracelet and interchange!
Maybe you could point to a thread; I've been following this pretty closely and missed it apparently.

Old 22 February 2018, 10:40 AM   #150
stlwx21
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR & 79220N
Black Bay noir eta

Whatever your motivation for wanting this watch, to keep as a collector’s item or to wear it, you’d be wise to pick it either one up...whether it is bracelet or strap.

I wouldn’t let the fact that it is on bracelet be a deal killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stlwx21 is offline   Reply With Quote