The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 April 2018, 04:25 AM   #61
Daso
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 16520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Yeah...

Still not seeing why this was a newsworthy event....

I'm just trying to gain some insight as to why there was an "internal" horrific laugh and then the need to post on Rolexforums about this encounter..

Somebody mistook your "expensive" Rolex for a different, less expensive brand?

Is that it?
Fleetlord, seriously you're the only one I don't understand here (are youa psychiatrist?). I understand where chadridv is coming from and wanted to clear that up (hopefully we have). It's called a forum about watches, not the Newsworthy Post board. There is interesting to mundane stuff here (i have asked many a mundane question), but news is not why I come here, Nytimes.com, cnn.com or psychologytoday.com might have more meat for you. Moderator, maybe time to pull this post off the board. Thanks Everyone
Daso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 04:29 AM   #62
Syfret
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610, 116520
When I read some of these threads and how PC many of my fellow WIS are then I suspect that I must be in the minority and a real dick of a human being

Unlike so many here who find it awkward or taboo talking about their Rolexes, I love talking about mine. If someone asks me what I paid for my watch, I’ll tell them without a hint of shame. I work hard for my money and I choose to prioritize watches and travel over other non-essential things.

I don’t believe for a second that anyone driving a Porsche, Ferrari or some other exotic doesn’t get a little kick whenever someone ogles his wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Syfret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 11:13 AM   #63
Grnvette65
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
In my view, flying under the radar has nothing to do with it. It has to do with not not looking down on others (or giving the impression that you do) because they may not have as nice a watch as you, know the difference or care. Or, for that matter, wanting people to know that you have a watch that cost a lot. Or, for that matter, caring whether they know. Or for that matter, thinking that it is humorous.

Example: A friend of mine wears a diamond dial TT DJ as his daily beater. Not my idea of an "under the radar" watch. However, he wears it because he likes it. He does not give a hoot if anyone notices or knows what it is. Nor, by the way, does he care whether anyone knows what else he owns. To me, that is class.

That’s exactly my point. Your friend sounds like a class act. What person would actually care that their watch was mistaken for a “lesser” brand... one who is concerned about brand or cost and so forth.
Grnvette65 is offline   Reply With Quote