The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 May 2018, 09:17 AM   #31
scoobnoob1103
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
This is not true. In my region, only trauma or triage rooms have clocks and although most of the medical equipment has the time it is not convenient for a number of reasons.

Spreading germs with a watch on a wrist is the same as spreading these said germs with a bare wrist. When I glove up I cover my watch and when I wash my hands I wash the watch too. If you're going to say all those things can cross contaminate then you might as well be naked then. Proper precautions prevent cross contamination more than just omitting an item.

The only way I wouldn't wear a watch is if my responsibilities were only relegated to performing a procedure and out the door. Otherwise, throughtout a shift there a dozens and dozens of times I need the time, charting alone is one.

Ymmv, but that is my experience. And I've worn my Rolexes without any issues although sometimes I did feel self concious about it with certain patients.

I agree..no way I’m not wearing a watch at all I look at it to check the time too often
Old 22 May 2018, 09:41 AM   #32
hugs
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkerrmd View Post
wear it at the office and making rounds, obviously it is off in the OR, otherwise no reason not too.
Old 22 May 2018, 09:51 AM   #33
GsurgBM
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough
This thread is crazy. As if there are germs in the hospital, but none in the world after you walk out. Of course I wear my watch/watches to work. Every day. In the office. In the hospital. In fact most physicians do you wear watches. And a “cheap watch” like a gshock Spreads germs exactly the same as any other object.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 22 May 2018, 09:53 AM   #34
AbqRolexFan
"TRF" Member

I'm an anesthesiologist, and I wear a Rolex to the hospital almost every day. I'm not really sure what the increased infection risk would be from wearing a watch. It's not like I change scrubs in between each case, or wipe down my hospital ID badge. I do wear gloves when performing invasive procedures, and I wash my hands with alcohol solution or soap after all patient contacts. I've never had a problem.
Old 22 May 2018, 09:58 AM   #35
scoobnoob1103
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsurgBM View Post
This thread is crazy. As if there are germs in the hospital, but none in the world after you walk out. Of course I wear my watch/watches to work. Every day. In the office. In the hospital. In fact most physicians do you wear watches. And a “cheap watch” like a gshock Spreads germs exactly the same as any other object.

This thread did get more responses than I initially anticipated lol. I’m not really concerned about germs as everything we wear has the potential to carry germs. I was wondering about everyone’s experiences when wearing a Rolex in a hospital/healthcare setting cus I’m thinking I’m going to start wearing on because I spend a lot of time at the hospital I’d like to make more use of my watches ! And they’re much more pleasing to look at than my g shock.
Old 22 May 2018, 10:02 AM   #36
ugasbiggestfan
"TRF" Member

Wear my Sea Dweller daily in office and hospital settings. Only comes off when I scrub in, when its usually tossed into my loupes box. No concern for germs on my watch, Or at least no more than any other clothing item I wear.
ugasbiggestfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 10:02 AM   #37
Muxi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
Wearing a watch isn’t really a big deal when you’re a GP.

It’s only the right hand that goes anywhere nasty. And even then it’s only rarely wrist deep.
Hahaha this conjured all sorts of imagination from my end.
Muxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 10:04 AM   #38
Lincsdad
"TRF" Member

I was just gifted a BLNR for my 40th and I work in healthcare (not a physician). I was definitely concerned with wearing it, more for the fact that it may get banged up and I thought it may be too flashy (considered trading it for an 116610, but that’s another topic). That being said I wear it daily as it deserves to be worn. I cover it with gloves when in patient contact and wash it as frequently with soap and water as I do my hands, which is before and after each patient contact.
I see many healthcare professionals do the same, whether it be a g-shock or smart watch.
I love this watch!

Lincsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 10:18 AM   #39
faz
"TRF" Member

Watch: like'em all
Quote:
Originally Posted by swils8610 View Post
My GP has always has worn a Rolex. When I had surgery my surgeon was wearing a Turn O Graph as I was wheeled into surgery...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

True WIS, noticing the watch of the surgeon while being wheeled into the surgery room!

OP,
Explorer II on Rubber B or Everest. Enjoy.

Instagram @fazmoto
faz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 10:27 AM   #40
Brew
"TRF" Member

I paid for my dentist's Rolex . . . .
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 11:07 AM   #41
Razorbackrolex
"TRF" Member

Wear SS watch in the clinic no prob, just wash it when i wash my hands/wrists. Dont wear a nice watch on surgery days cause i dont like the idea of it sitting around by itself while im working and not paying attention to it.
Razorbackrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 11:16 AM   #42
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspect View Post
I'm work in critical care and emergent care. I used to only wear my G-shocks. Now my wrist time is split time between my speedy and my Grape OP. I don't wear my sub because it attracts too much attention. But in BFE where I live both a speedy and a OP flies very low under the radar.

When I put on gloves, the gloves always cover my watch. Everytime I interact with a patient the gloves are put on.

I say go for it. Watches are meant to be worn
Waiting for a non-American to ask you where is "BFE" and see how you explain that......
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 11:27 AM   #43
harrymai22
"TRF" Member

I used to wear watches...then my Omega Grey Side was stolen after I took it off to scrub in. Now it's just fitbit. I seem to conveniently lose my fitbit when the next newest model is out too
harrymai22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 11:43 AM   #44
turborolex
"TRF" Member

I avoid making my watch a topic of conversation with patients and so I wear my “Non Rolex” watches to work as everyone can tell a Rolex. Most people don’t know Patek, Panerai or AP, etc....

Now, once in a while, I get a WIS and the conversation is more pleasant and interesting about horology as opposed to “is that a Rolex?”.

As others have said, if I do decide to wear a Rolex, it would be on a strap.

I never understood why a healthcare worker would wear a flashy watch to work. By flashy, I mean all yellow/rose/pink gold or watches with a diamond dial.

Old 22 May 2018, 11:45 AM   #45
RolexG1986
"TRF" Member

I work as a RN at a private surgical center. Since I got my rolex I haven't taken it off. I even wear it when I see patients at clinic for school. It's a watch and at the end of the day people who are into watches will notice it and those who are not (95%) don't care.
RolexG1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 12:00 PM   #46
rph08
"TRF" Member

Pharmacist here...I'm not really worried about germs, but at closing time I take a second or two to blow off all the Norco dust that has accumulated on my watch throughout the day!

Canyonero! Canyonero!
rph08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 12:35 PM   #47
Beelzy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by rph08 View Post
Pharmacist here...I'm not really worried about germs, but at closing time I take a second or two to blow off all the Norco dust that has accumulated on my watch throughout the day!
Awesome! Chris approved.
Beelzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 01:46 PM   #48
dnpina
Banned

Watch: 126610 LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobnoob1103 View Post
Just wanted to see how many of you work and in healthcare and wear a Rolex? I am an RN and I’ve always worn either an Apple Watch or g shock to work but I’m getting an itch to get an exp, exp II, or 5 digit sub as a daily work watch.

Thoughts?
my thoughts:
buy it
wear it
enjoy it
dnpina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 02:07 PM   #49
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

I’m a neurologist and I wear one of my rolexes everyday to the hospital
Live a little man
Old 22 May 2018, 02:25 PM   #50
arturob
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT2 BLNR
healthcare IT here and I wear a blnr as my daily piece.
arturob is offline   Reply With Quote