The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 May 2018, 06:27 AM   #1
Cjlnyu24
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss Z blue
fast running Milgauss

Have had the watch since February. Wear it every day. My wife got it for me as a gift shipped to us from an out of town AD, and was not sure that she wound it 40 times. It actually stopped at one point within the first 2 months of having it. So we wound it again 40 rotations and since then it has worked, but is running fast. Since winding it probably a month ago, it is now at 3-4 minutes fast. When I emailed the AD they said I could bring it to any authorized AD with warranty and they could send it to Dallas for repair. I am in WI.

Wanted to see if this is worth sending the watch into Dallas... is 3-4 minutes fast normal, or way outside the realm of where the watch should be based on how new it is?

thanks in advance for the feedback
Cjlnyu24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 06:29 AM   #2
Likestheshiny
"TRF" Member

Three minutes in a month is six seconds a day. That's not terrible, but a new Rolex should be under two seconds per day. Dallas will fix it under warranty if it bothers you.
Likestheshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 06:34 AM   #3
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjlnyu24 View Post
...Wear it every day... / ...It actually stopped at one point within the first 2 months of having it...
If you wear it every day then it shouldn't have stopped. This, in combination with the rate being out of spec, makes me think it should be inspected by the Rolex Service Center.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 06:46 AM   #4
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

3-4 minutes a month is one thing - and not necessarily worth sending it to RSC.

3-4 minutes a day would be a problem.

Can you clarify which it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 06:46 AM   #5
osamu
"TRF" Member

is it worn everyday? If taken off at night, stored the same way?

I think if allowed to run down to pretty low power reserve, it might start running faster as the main spring winds down.

doesn't sound horrible.
osamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 06:50 AM   #6
Cjlnyu24
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss Z blue
3-4 minutes after a month of being wound 40 times. Worn every day, taken off at night and placed on a cloth on the dresser. In fairness the time it stopped I hadn't really worn it for 24 hours, but should have a power reserve of 48?

Just worried if it is sent to Dallas it will take a long time, and have read some horror stories on this site of Dallas/NY service center...

This is my first Rolex and I made the assumption it would be pretty close to dead on from a time perspective
Cjlnyu24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 06:53 AM   #7
MJ8
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Wearing habbits really affect the way my sub performs. If I have it on 24 hours a day I'm at -4 seconds a day (ie sleep with it on) and if I leave it in my cupboard overnight, I get around -1.5 seconds per day.
MJ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 07:11 AM   #8
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

fast running Milgauss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjlnyu24
3-4 minutes after a month of being wound 40 times. Worn every day, taken off at night and placed on a cloth on the dresser.
That isn’t far enough out of spec to send away to RSC IMHO. If it were me I’d not worry. Rolex promises +2/-2 sec. per day. If you can’t visit an AD to have it regulated and it bothers you then send it in for warranty service.

Quote:
In fairness the time it stopped I hadn't really worn it for 24 hours, but should have a power reserve of 48?
Not if it wasn’t fully wound-up beforehand, then the mainspring was perhaps only halfway tightened. So I’m not surprised it stopped. Since then you did wind it 40 full turns. And now it hasn’t stopped. If you want to double-check the power reserve, wind the crown 40 full turns and put it away. Check it each day without wearing it. You should get very close to the promised 48 hours.

Quote:
Just worried if it is sent to Dallas it will take a long time, and have read some horror stories on this site of Dallas/NY service center...
It will take a few weeks. I haven’t personally had a horror story - and you should not expect one either. Any problems would be rectified IMHO.

Quote:
This is my first Rolex and I made the assumption it would be pretty close to dead on from a time perspective

Rolex’s new +2/-2 does set some high expectations. The only watch “dead on” is a quartz movement. For me, even up to 10 seconds a day isn’t a great problem - over a week’s time, I’d be a minute early to my dental appointment tomorrow.

...but each person is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote